Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Unleash Your Inner Child: Arcade Bar Coming to Greektown

I wish them the best of luck! The nerd in me wonders if they will have cathode-ray-tube type video games [[the ones us kids in the 80's & 90's grew up with), which are supposedly getting incredibly scarce now that CRT manufacturing has been completely phased out; or if they will use LCD panels for their arcade games?

http://venturebeat.com/2017/03/03/wh...cade-machines/

Ohhhh, a bar with arcade games.... and here I thought they were bringing this joint back:

I'm so damn old...

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Ohhhh, a bar with arcade games.... and here I thought they were bringing this joint back:

I'm so damn old...
    Thought the same thing, Eastside

Am I mistaken or is this not the location of the old county morgue?

Quote Originally Posted by waz View Post
    Am I mistaken or is this not the location of the old county morgue?
    From an old thread:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 5.56.24 PM.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  108.4 KB

It sounds like they have a good idea that will hopefully be popular. The games are free if you're buying food/drink. The economics of arcades isn't very good so I think it makes more sense to use the arcade machines to make the bar/restaurant aspect successful.

I'm also glad that it'll be all ages until night time. I think this is something that WSU students might enjoy. And other teens around might enjoy it too. There's been a trend where things originally made for young people are targeted towards the nostalgic adult nerd group at the exclusion of actual young people.

sounds very cool. I'll check it out at least once to see what all type of video games are there. I think a good idea would be one of these updated "multi-game" arcade consoles, where you can pick what you play. Depending on your video games pedigree, certain games have aged better than others.
    I hope that they have good nachos and fries.