Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Annny Minute Now ....

Every time I see or hear the phrase 'any minute now', it brings back memories of the commercials one of the appliance stores ran. They were usually for a holiday sale and I remember one with a lifeguard on the beach waiting for the crowd to arrive saying 'annnnyy minute now ....'. Then they'd show the crowd at the store going after the sale items.

I think it was Highland Appliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Every time I see or hear the phrase 'any minute now', it brings back memories of the commercials one of the appliance stores ran. They were usually for a holiday sale and I remember one with a lifeguard on the beach waiting for the crowd to arrive saying 'annnnyy minute now ....'. Then they'd show the crowd at the store going after the sale items.

I think it was Highland Appliance.
    ANYTHING Olympia or Mickey Shorr caught my attention back in the day, WRIF, I mourn whatever you once were back in the 60's and 70's.

And I miss Olson electronics, Ark Surplus, [[ thank you Brides Maids, Ghostbusters II, we had humor) the spillway. and the A&W on Jefferson and 16 1/2. And also the Tavern basement where my Limo was 10 feet longer then the bar. Watch if your is over 6'.

Eastside Tavern?
    Last edited by Bigb23; March-16-17 at 09:55 PM.

Funny, I remember it as 'any minute now', too. The only one I found actually said 'any second now'.

Last edited by archfan; March-17-17 at 01:41 AM.

Big23 - Eastside Tavern still up and running and, you may already know but the A&W has been Eddie's Drive Inn for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Big23 - Eastside Tavern still up and running and, you may already know but the A&W has been Eddie's Drive Inn for many years.
    Glad to here that, about Eastside. All Forumers should visit the first post Speakeasy in Michigan. The charm is in it's size.

Detroit-based W. B. Doner advertising created that generic spot that was localized for several stores around the country and filled with a special of the week and tagged with the store logo and hours.