Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Does anyone know when, or if, these City Modern homes that have been sold will be listed as such on sites like Zillow or Redfin? I check redfin regulary for sold home updates and have not seen any City Modern homes listed as sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mind field View Post
    Does anyone know when, or if, these City Modern homes that have been sold will be listed as such on sites like Zillow or Redfin? I check redfin regulary for sold home updates and have not seen any City Modern homes listed as sold.
    Good question. I don’t know why the closed and occupied units have not already hit the sites you mentioned above but I do know a few SOLD units have been listed FOR SALE in the past for “comp” reasons and removed almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Good question. I don’t know why the closed and occupied units have not already hit the sites you mentioned above but I do know a few SOLD units have been listed FOR SALE in the past for “comp” reasons and removed almost immediately.
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-77590#photo11

286 Alfred
    3 bed 3 bth 1810 SF
    $663.9k

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-77590#photo11

286 Alfred
    3 bed 3 bth 1810 SF
    $663.9k
    That’s obviously still for sale. Could be this one which was pending as of last weekend

That’s obviously still for sale. Could be this one which was pending as of last weekend
    I biked by yesterday and it looked like the 6 or so units in the bottom left hand corner of this image were done and occupied.

All phases are delayed by approximately 3 months due to skilled trade shortages.
    Duplets on Edmonds will be converted to more for sale TH’s and 1/2 BR rentables.

As of today, City Modern is 80% sold.

Some drive by pics from yesterday

The 3400 sqft E plan TH sells on Brush st. I don’t want to disclose the sell price but I’m sure it will knock many off their feet. One TH remains at ~$880k.

https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/9/20...residents-move

In the curbed article, it's stated that 24 of the total 104 condos are still on the market.

Random window placement must be the latest rage concocted by Architecture schools. Like buildings with carport roofs, eventually as newer styles come into vogue, these will one day look very dated.

Correct. This pic was taken yesterday

Genuinely thank you for keeping us updated on this project. But can you pose these properly rotated? It takes like two seconds in paint to edit.

BTW, I remember discussing something with you about a change in plans, but don't remember how far back in the thread that was. What was changed about the plans?

Lastly, when did Detroit vacate that block of Edmund Place?
    Last edited by Dexlin; October-02-18 at 01:42 AM.

Try this
    Maybe we were discussing how the two blocks of Duplets on Edmonds will be converted to one block of TH’s and the other with one and two BR for sale apartments.
    No information on when Edmonds Place was vacated except to say it’s been at least 5 years based on satellite images of Ransom Gillies before restorations. If I had to guess, I’d say it has been vacated for >20 years

Try this

Maybe we were discussing how the two blocks of Duplets on Edmonds will be converted to one block of TH’s and the other with one and two BR for sale apartments.
    Yes, this. So the model image above then is out of date, huh, at least what is planned for Edmund Place?

Whe you say for-sale apartments, like, are we talking something resembling the carriagehomes or another form entirely that we haven't yet seen? It'd be nice to have this cleared up. Do you know which of the pictured duplettes will be which models [[i.e. the townhomes and the "apartments")? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Yes, this. So the model image above then is out of date, huh, at least what is planned for Edmund Place?

Whe you say for-sale apartments, like, are we talking something resembling the carriagehomes or another form entirely that we haven't yet seen? It'd be nice to have this cleared up. Do you know which of the pictured duplettes will be which models [[i.e. the townhomes and the "apartments")? Thanks.
    Here's what I know.
    Half the Duplets on Edmonds will be converted to TH's with a similar variety of floor plans as we have already. Don't know exactly which side they will reside.
    The other Duplets will be 1 & 2 BR Apartment. Question is. What's the difference between a Duplet and an Apartment? What I do know is that they will not be Carriage Homes.

For more details, you should visit the City Modern showroom at the corner of Edmonds and Brush.

Any new updates? How much is sold now? Are the corner apartments on the market yet? It seems like they're more than halfway done with this project now.

I found this video from January, most recent visual update I can find. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ErIPxFxPmQ

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    Any new updates? How much is sold now? Are the corner apartments on the market yet? It seems like they're more than halfway done with this project now.
    These pics were taken 3 weeks ago. I know that TH-3 is almost complete [[electrical, plumbing, drywall, flooring etc). I have pics but don't think it would be appropriate to post someone's home on a public forum. TH-4 will be closing around June/July. The block of TH's [[H-1) between the renovated mansions are still in the planning phase.

As for the Corner Apartments, I believe they are rentals only.

Does anyone else think that the brick on the townhomes is ugly? I hate that color, it looks cheap to me.

How many units have sold since October?

It only looks like two, and Townhouse in TH-2 and a Carriage House in CH-4. The row numbers are really hard to make out.
    Last edited by Dexlin; March-04-19 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rbdetsport View Post
    Does anyone else think that the brick on the townhomes is ugly? I hate that color, it looks cheap to me.
    You are not alone... I find the modern style and jarring colors black and white way out of context with the historic surviving houses. Butt ugly. They should have built Orleans Landing here [[although that doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the original schematics), and placed the Brush Park projects down on the east riverfront.

When you see these units among the surviving historic fabric... the jarring differences in architecture is startling.

I can imagine that these "random placement window" residences will one day look dated.

Also... what's ironic is that these are steel built... and yet the downtown Statler block Village Green apartments [[twice the height) will be "stick built". [[Rant over...)

Some of you people have really questionable taste, city modern looks great. Orleans landing looks like pulte home trash. I love the brick.

Some of you people have really questionable taste, city modern looks great. Orleans landing looks like pulte home trash. I love the brick.
    Taste is in the eye of the beholder... I have my opinions, and you have yours.

And since you brought up questionable... I'm still wondering why on earth you ever thought that Gilbert was only pushing dirt around on the Hudsons site, and that the expansion of the Meridian [[Compuware) Building was a photoshop....

The ironic thing about your statement is that City Modern is being built by a McMansion sprawl developer with a worse reputation than Pulte.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast