Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Project is moving on schedule. With the recent price increases, this brings one TH in Phase 3 to over $1M.

There are rumors that the Duplets will be replaced with more TH’s. Excellent decision on the developers behalf if true.

How many people living here do you think work at Quicken Companies? This is the marquee spot for Bedrock right?

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    How many people living here do you think work at Quicken Companies? This is the marquee spot for Bedrock right?
    I’d guess very little to none and I have no idea what marquee spot means. I have heard some pro players and even a tv celeb. We’ll wait and see

Phase 1: SOLD OUT
    Phase 2: 4x Carriage Homes left
    Phase 3: Open with 3x Town Homes selling near $900K each

Closing dates delayed by a few months due to terrible winter.

Phase 1 Town Homes with Penthouses. Will close between September and November 2018
    Attachment 35571
    Attachment 35570
    Fully framed with some windows installed on Phase 1 Carriage Homes. These will likely close around June 2018
    Attachment 35569

I also have heard that more than one physician from downtown hospitals have deposits on a City Modern residence.

Downtown Detroit has high earners who work at many more places than just Quicken. Believe it or not...

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Phase 1: SOLD OUT
    Phase 2: 4x Carriage Homes left
    Phase 3: Open with 3x Town Homes selling near $900K each
    How many units are in each of the phases? Does phase 3 have the highest price points?

Here are the phases. Phase 3 has seen an approximate 15% price increase of the equivalent floor plan from phase 1.

Great info, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    I also have heard that more than one physician from downtown hospitals have deposits on a City Modern residence.

Downtown Detroit has high earners who work at many more places than just Quicken. Believe it or not...
    You are correct. A good friend of mine is an anesthesiologist who has a nearly complete $750K townhouse at City Modern.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post

OMG People in this region want to live close to where they work. GET OUT!

Quote Originally Posted by innercitydoc View Post
    You are correct. A good friend of mine is an anesthesiologist who has a nearly complete $750K townhouse at City Modern.
    If this includes the rooftop/penthouse option, then he/she got a good deal. Note that the “option” was not always negotiable. If an adjacent buyer had already purchased the upgrade, then they would have been forced to do the same.

Rooftops added ~$150k and besides Phase 2 F floorplan, nothing was available <$600k in TH’s
    Last edited by SammyS; April-20-18 at 10:28 AM.

So, if you want a great representation of what is going on in Detroit right now, just look at the OP. He states that he was impressed that there were already 16 sales above 230k sold, and that this was half of the available inventory above that price in the city. This is approx. one year ago.

I just ran a search on Realtor.com, and currently there are 162 listings above that number. So in one you we have increased by almost 500% the listings above 230k. Nice work Detroit.

WOW, Phase 3 Town Homes selling quickly. Only two remain. The A1 plan would likely go for >$850K and the E closer to $1.1M

Default "Affordable Housing" for the Middle Class, Please!

Seems like the term "affordable housing" is becoming "it's all relative" i.e. "affordable to whom?" Wouldn't it be nice for developers to start restoring neighborhoods with architecturally sympathetic "affordable housing" for the middle-class and working class? After all, that's what was the predominant housing stock in Detroit 100 years ago during our best years, and what most people need today.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    Seems like the term "affordable housing" is becoming "it's all relative" i.e. "affordable to whom?" Wouldn't it be nice for developers to start restoring neighborhoods with architecturally sympathetic "affordable housing" for the middle-class and working class? After all, that's what was the predominant housing stock in Detroit 100 years ago during our best years, and what most people need today.
    Unfortunately Detroit's success was the city's own demise. No other city had as many single family homes as Detroit did during its heyday. Today especially with the city trying to create more sustainable and walkable neighborhoods affordable housing likely is not going to come in the form of single family homes. I don't necessarily see this as a problem other than people in Detroit, Michigan, and the midwest in general are conditioned to prefer semi-suburban sized lots and single family homes in the city. I think in the long run there needs to be a change in views towards density and single-family vs multi-family housing.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    When much of the working class can't afford food and rent building them a new home they can afford is difficult.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...wiGvtfffllzrkM

Update.
    Just about every Town Home sold. Only 2 remain at ~$4/sqft. Confirmed that half the Duplets will be TH’s instead. Phase 1 likely to be completed by this November

Attachment 36127Attachment 36128Attachment 36129

Sammy, maybe I'm not looking at the model right, or maybe that picture is older than the others, but I count more than two townhouses left in the phase you're talking about. You also said in your May post that only two of the townhouses remained; are we talking about different phases?

Anyway, glad to hear they are only taking out half the duplettes. My favorite thing about this development was the variety and types of housing to appeal to different segments and demographics.

You’re right Dexlin. Either I picked up an old pic or sales are slowing down. I’ll take another pic the next time I’m there.

Update:

All but one TH left [[A1) and that's selling for ~$880k. That's up >20% since that floor plan was offered in Phase 1 over a year ago.

The only E Floorpan offered is pending and selling for >$1.2M

Residents have already moved into Phase 1 carriage homes. Delays however are expected on everything else.

PS. I wanted to posts pics but I have hit my quota. Any way of deleting old pics?

Thank you I appreciate all the updates.

... PS. I wanted to posts pics but I have hit my quota. Any way of deleting old pics?
    Go to Settings » Attachments, check what you want to delete, then go to the bottom of the page to click "Delete Selected."

Update.
    Just about every Town Home sold. Only 2 remain at ~$4/sqft. Confirmed that half the Duplets will be TH’s instead. Phase 1 likely to be completed by this November

Attachment 36127Attachment 36128Attachment 36129
    Brush Park really needs to dedicate some room to parkland. The lack of gardens/greenspace in this development to accommodate parking might be slightly depressing unless it can be provided elsewhere. With all the new development, I hope some new parks can be included as well. In general, I've noticed a disregard for parks in the Midtown area, which is something that will hurt the quality of life in the future. The area has ample land, so it would be wise to dedicate some of it now to parkland before it's developed over.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    Brush Park really needs to dedicate some room to parkland. The lack of gardens/greenspace in this development to accommodate parking might be slightly depressing unless it can be provided elsewhere. With all the new development, I hope some new parks can be included as well. In general, I've noticed a disregard for parks in the Midtown area, which is something that will hurt the quality of life in the future. The area has ample land, so it would be wise to dedicate some of it now to parkland before it's developed over.
    Bedrock's recently announced project on the Brewster Douglass site has a large amount of public open space included in the plans. Construction is set to begin next year.

There's also an unused park on the north side of Adelaide Street between John R and Brush that wouldn't be difficult for the city or someone else to revitalize. There's also a park on the southeast corner of John R and Watson. With relatively little effort from the city, or whoever owns those parcels if they choose to keep them parkland, they could be attractive and well kept parks.

It would make sense to have a nice, decently big park called Brush Park in Brush Park, wouldn't it?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast