Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    The gray brick your seeing are homes next to ransom gillis that have not been built yet.
    This rendering is of the south side of Alfred also with the lighter grey. Don’t know why the decision was made to change but I don’t think it was to save cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    City Modern Town Homes are my type of place. Well laid out, large windows, unobstructed city views and no damn basements.
    interesting, I didnt know they didn’t have basements, in our cold winter climates that’s going to make for an interesting floor temperature, I’m sure they’ll have crawl spaces, heating elements for floors hopefully in part of it, however in houses with no basements in severe winter weather ,overtime, floor heating elements often have a habit of cracking or fracturing underneath the tile that lies upon them. Personally, I love a basement, it’s a fabulous storage facility, and has several other purposeful uses. I must admit , and again it’s just personal, a basement is a major plus. Especially at that price point. It’s also materially cheaper to construct a townhouse, home, or unit without a basement. It almost makes the purchase price even more curious.

^^
    From memory, all but the garage have crawl spaces. Explains why the garage is a foot or two taller. There’s also a row of upcoming TH’s on Brush near Alfred that are still at the concrete foundation level. Check them out.

I wonder if the jokers across Woodward have been waiting for a big chunk of City Modern to sell and drive up the price per square foot before they start their projects. You see this type of behavior from developers everywhere in the world, a lot of them buy, hold and then pounce when the water is warm.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    I wonder if the jokers across Woodward have been waiting for a big chunk of City Modern to sell and drive up the price per square foot before they start their projects. You see this type of behavior from developers everywhere in the world, a lot of them buy, hold and then pounce when the water is warm.
    Accurate. Luxury housing begets more luxury housing. However, at some point supply will reach saturation. Bedrock+Co will move on to adjacent Brewester-Douglass and Eastern Market work before Ilitch can deal with the Cass Corridor crater they've created themselves. IMHO, the Bedrock locations are superior. Don't forget Bedrock is also dabbling in Corktown...

Quote Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
    I wonder if the jokers across Woodward have been waiting for a big chunk of City Modern to sell and drive up the price per square foot before they start their projects. You see this type of behavior from developers everywhere in the world, a lot of theIt'sm buy, hold and then pounce when the water is warm.
    It's doubtful Ilitch had plans other than to rehab/build one or two apt. buildings. Any larger development would involve another developer, who Ilitch would insure would be on the hook for the capital.

Here is the foundation/base I was talking about. Not sure if this qualifies as crawl space.

Nice bump.
    https://detroit.curbed.com/2019/7/1/...-unit-for-sale

Best floor plan, tons of upgrades and premium appliances.

.... and just look at that zebra wood peel and stick cabinetry finish....

Website updated with more Town Homes on Edmond. The terraces look amazing.

http://www.citymoderndetroit.com/residences/townhomes

Those renderings aren't bad [[I like the warm tones). But I do see one thing missing.... curtains. People in Detroit [[and surroundings) don't like to show off what they own [[especially at ground floor level). It just invites burglars... especially in the city, where police response time is not up to par.

But I expect that in the renderings they show the insides as well, hence no curtains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Those renderings aren't bad [[I like the warm tones). But I do see one thing missing.... curtains. People in Detroit [[and surroundings) don't like to show off what they own [[especially at ground floor level). It just invites burglars... especially in the city, where police response time is not up to par.

But I expect that in the renderings they show the insides as well, hence no curtains.
    I agree with your sentiment. That was the first thing that struck me about these renderings. These homes look more like fishbowls. Do you really want to sit in that living room when anyone walking past can see everything you do? Not really appealing, especially in downtown Detroit. However, I think more can be done beyond curtains, like how about some nice hedges or other landscaping to add privacy? Landscaping seems like the lowest priority for this development. You'd think with the high prices, they would more time thinking about landscape architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    I agree with your sentiment. That was the first thing that struck me about these renderings. These homes look more like fishbowls. Do you really want to sit in that living room when anyone walking past can see everything you do? Not really appealing, especially in downtown Detroit. However, I think more can be done beyond curtains, like how about some nice hedges or other landscaping to add privacy? Landscaping seems like the lowest priority for this development. You'd think with the high prices, they would more time thinking about landscape architecture.

Go get you some curtains!

Website updated with more Town Homes on Edmond. The terraces look amazing.

http://www.citymoderndetroit.com/residences/townhomes
    Just like Lafayette Park!

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    interesting, I didnt know they didn’t have basements, in our cold winter climates that’s going to make for an interesting floor temperature, I’m sure they’ll have crawl spaces, heating elements for floors hopefully in part of it, however in houses with no basements in severe winter weather ,overtime, floor heating elements often have a habit of cracking or fracturing underneath the tile that lies upon them. Personally, I love a basement, it’s a fabulous storage facility, and has several other purposeful uses. I must admit , and again it’s just personal, a basement is a major plus. Especially at that price point. It’s also materially cheaper to construct a townhouse, home, or unit without a basement. It almost makes the purchase price even more curious.
    The construction engineers don't need to put heating elements on the floor. If they do, they will put in special flooring tiling with stronger adhesives. with concrete flooring and no basements, heat rises and cold air sinks.

That's right. I am not fan of floor to ceiling glass aesthetic anyway, beyond practical, but there have to be window treatment options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Make sure you always have clean gotchies on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    That's right. I am not fan of floor to ceiling glass aesthetic anyway, beyond practical, but there have to be window treatment options.
    Anything you want so long as the outside is white.
    PS. Half the Association dues go towards 24 hour patrolled security and camera surveillance. This thing will be like Fort Knox

Anything you want so long as the outside is white.
    PS. Half the Association dues go towards 24 hour patrolled security and camera surveillance. This thing will be like Fort Knox
    I can picture it now... "hey Fred.... check out this surveillance video... the Henderson's are doing 'it' again in the living room!"....

Brush Park, especially Alfred St, has completely transformed thanks to this development.

This is a wonderful project. Why isn't it featured more in the media? It should get more national praise, too.

^^^ Yes, I drove thru there last month. Some of the units look a bit 'fast-construct' style but still nice to see such a largess of development in that area. Finally.

The Stories at City Modern
    265 Alfred Street

https://www.citymoderndetroit.com/fo...e/the-stories/

I kind of like “The Stories.” Nice to see something that’s not boxy.

Not my style but then again neither are large swaths of vacant lots. So this is definitely an upgrade.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast