Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Default City Modern Brush Park

16 condominiums already sold starting at 230k?

That number is almost half of the entire inventory available in the City of Detroit right now north of that asking price.

Impressive start to say the least.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...park/99271192/

https://www.redfin.com/city/5665/MI/...90896:-83.3388

http://www.citymoderndetroit.com/index.html

I'd say it's a stunning start since they are just breaking ground.

Where can I find a pricelist?

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Where can I find a pricelist?
    I had a list, until I realized they were way out of my price range..

About 15 of ~20 Townhouses were reserved [[meaning a few thousand dollar deposit). Average price of those were ~730k if you got the optional rooftop.

Most of the Carriage homes were available at the time, they average about 450k-500k. Only a few were reserved.

Crazy.

Can you send me a link or do I have to go down to the office?

Can you send me a link or do I have to go down to the office?
    You have to go the office, no link that i'm aware of.

“We have 16 signed purchase agreements and nine have reservations to sign purchase agreements,” said Randy Wertheimer, president and CEO of Hunter Pasteur Homes, the builder of the carriage homes and townhomes. The average sales price for the units sold is $590,000, he said.

Those numbers blow me away.

Link to the site. You can even customize the interior. Pretty cool.

http://www.citymoderndetroit.com/

Overpriced is a understatement.

I wouldn't say overpriced. Rents are exceeding $2/sqf and listings are asking between $200-$250/sqf in and around this development.......and yes, some have sold in that range

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Overpriced is a understatement.
    Expensive, for sure. But if they are selling, they are not "overpriced."

I just keep trying to like these dwellings and just can't. Look thin and cheesy but that's the way of most modern housing. Still they look bunkerish and not appealing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroiterOnTheWestCoast View Post
    Expensive, for sure. But if they are selling, they are not "overpriced."
    Hahahahaha. In my city, 90 year old ramshackle houses on standard 33ft lots start at $1 million in the seedier neighbourhoods and go up to $3 million in the nicer ones. Ordinary income earners can no longer buy houses in the city unless they can sell one they bought back when it was affordable.

Example: see what $2.8 million can buy you. Oh, and it's listed at $500k below the assessed value.

Just because dwellings are selling for some price doesn't mean they aren't overpriced.

Quote Originally Posted by Király View Post
    Hahahahaha. In my city, 90 year old ramshackle houses on standard 33ft lots start at $1 million in the seedier neighbourhoods and go up to $3 million in the nicer ones. Ordinary income earners can no longer buy houses in the city unless they can sell one they bought back when it was affordable.

Example: see what $2.8 million can buy you. Oh, and it's listed at $500k below the assessed value.

Just because dwellings are selling for some price doesn't mean they aren't overpriced.
    Vancouver one of the the most expensive cities in N.America?

This house is a McMansion Candidate? Correct?
    Last edited by emu steve; March-19-17 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I just keep trying to like these dwellings and just can't. Look thin and cheesy but that's the way of most modern housing. Still they look bunkerish and not appealing to me.
    I used to think this way too until coming to the realization that a healthy RE market dictates that the land be worth more than the dwelling. Detroit may not be their yet but rapidly approaching this model which is adopted by just about every other place in the world.

Like cars and other consumables, expendable housing may be the way of the future in major cities and sort after locations. Nothing to say Brush Park has not already been slated by developers to move forward in this direction rather than building dwellings that last centuries. Why not? What is wrong with compromising on material today, razing every couple of decades and then rebuilding with the latest style, amenities and technology? I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Vancouver one of the the most expensive cities in N.America?

This house is a McMansion Candidate? Correct?
    Vancouver has a huge amount of Chinese money floating around and inflating the market. People looking for a safe place to park their riches [[or kids, wives, mistresses, etc.) where the Communist Party can't get it.

From the Detroit News commentary on the development: "The project that will overhaul 8.4 acres of mostly urban prairie in the Brush Park neighborhood just north of downtown" -- I've always felt Brush Park was ideal for a redevelopment of this sort, mainly due to its proximity to Downtown, Woodward Ave, Foxtown, Midtown, Comerica Park, etc. It's potential was obvious. Not many areas of Detroit have that, and most parts of Detroit - especially the suburbs - could not ask those types of prices.

This project is in my opinion by far the best thing going in Detroit.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M48015-66874

First lot for sale in this development? >$300/sqft is nicely priced
    Last edited by SammyS; May-22-17 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Correction

Two more for sale

$433,690
    2beds · 2baths
    2642 John R St, Detroit
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M37339-49409

$476,130
    2beds · 2baths
    2650 John R St, Detroit
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M37354-02781

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...1_M48015-66874

First lot for sale in this development? >$300/sqft is nicely priced
    Should be interesting...

It should be interesting if they can get almost 1/2 to 3/4M for units/townhomes there.

If they sell, this could be a bigger story than Friday's announcement of almost 700 rentals units.

Developers will be calling the Mayor's office [["Does the city have any more property east of Woodward in Midtown?").
    Last edited by emu steve; May-29-17 at 03:29 PM.

IMO, this is absolute prime location. Walkable, transit and retail right on Woodward, 3 major sports centers, bars, restaurants, entertainment, bike routes etc etc etc. Add to that private garages and adjacent free street parking and you have inner city living at it's best. I'll be eyeballing the smaller flats and units when they come on line simply because it's all I can afford. I feel other more fortunate folks may trade in their upscale suburban digs for the city life. Why not? Happens everywhere else I'm excited and wish the city and developers the best of luck.

I agree with you.

Lot of great cities have great residential areas near downtowns but Detroit is virtually unique that so much is compacted in such a relatively small area.

All the District Detroit & Brush Park need is more residents and that will lead to more amenities. When someone working downtown can take QLine home and get their hair cut, grab a Subway sandwich, take a short walk to a drug store, etc. then they'll have all of the suburban amenities to go with the assets of downtown/Midtown Detroit.
    Last edited by emu steve; May-29-17 at 04:38 PM.

But for my dogs, I'd love to live directly downtown. But the puppies need a yard.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast