Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default August 19, 2009 Tiger Stadium Demo.

Not much has changed. Guessing the price of scrap steel has dropped because of low demand and it's not worth the effort.

Equipment and security remains on the field.

Click to See Tiger Stadium Demolition From the Air

FlyByDon

Looks like a blatant attempt to sell more photos......Yes we know its still there!!

stinkbug Guest

I can see my house. No joke, I really can in a couple of those.

What in the Sam Hell are they doing? There are TONS of groups waiting to develop that land! C'mon now!

Nice updates Flybydon, thanks as always for sharing your photos. Looks as though we could still run the bases. I still think a concession to set up a pitching machine and sell the rights to take a few swings where the greats stood could be a money-maker for some cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Looks like a blatant attempt to sell more photos......Yes we know its still there!!
    YEA!! How dare Fly By start a new thread on photos of Tiger Stadium since we all know its "still there". My god someone might even want to buy a shot and Don might make some money for his service. Man is that ever "blatent"
    Last edited by Trumpeteer; August-19-09 at 04:46 PM. Reason: adding text

Ravine Guest

Yeah, Trumpeteer, I'm with ya; Don has done a superb job of documenting The Fall of Tiger Stadium, as well as numerous other "events" and locations.
    If we should be offended by the possibility that Don is hoping to gain some profit, from his efforts, by posting the top-notch results here, I guess that-- as usual-- I am just unable to "get with the program."
    Jeez! Of course Don would like to "sell more photos!" Why the hell would he not?
    In any case, if Lowell had any objections, I would imagine that he might have expressed those objections when he dropped in, on the thread, a few hours ago.
    I suppose that Searay's comment was an example of what the young hipsters mean when they say, "Don't be a hater."

I didn't know it was still there!

Your pictures are always appreciated by me. Thanks for the update FlybyDon!

Other than the price of scrap steel what is the reason that what is left is still standing?

Gee, do you think the bastards who are in charge were just putting on a dog and pony show for the news cameras?

The only reason they started the demo was to show some sort of political muscle by George J, king of destruction, for the City Of Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Searay215 View Post
    Searay215, I’ve known Don for many, many years, & a finer caliber of man you’ll be hard-pressed to meet. He is the last person who would make a post like this to simply to sell more photos. He doesn’t need to.

There are TONS of groups waiting to develop that land! C'mon now!
    Really? Groups with funds, financing and tenants? DOUBTFUL

Quote Originally Posted by GPCharles View Post
    Really? Groups with funds, financing and tenants? DOUBTFUL
    I think you missed the sarcasm there.

You never know on this forum.