Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bertuzzi...Really? Why?

I trust Holland, but this seems like a hell of a risk

http://www.freep.com/article/20090818/SPORTS05/90818056

lilpup Guest

Check up top - there's a sports forum now: http://www.detroityes.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Got it

Thanks

I don't understand the confusion. Bertuzzi is a solid player who is tough and will net at least 13-15. He's cheap and a veteran. Whats wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I don't understand the confusion. Bertuzzi is a solid player who is tough and will net at least 13-15. He's cheap and a veteran. Whats wrong with that.
    Because Stephan Yelle was a cheaper vet who produces even more than Terrible Todd

2 OT game winning goals in a row, that why. He's been one of our best players.

Anybody still asking this question?

I, too, was skeptical.
    Now, I agree with Helene St James' grade:

Todd Bertuzzi: A-
    Showed up determined to learn the Wings’ system and be better defensively, then added 25 points by the halfway mark. He’s prone to turnovers, but for $1.5 million, he’s earning his keep.

Seems to be quite the bargain now, as he is one of the leaders both in scoring and in the clubhouse.