Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 132 ... LastLast

[[sniff sniff) I smell United Bank of Switzerland coming to Gilberttown Detroit.

For those of you that haven't seen these time-lapses, they are AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    [[sniff sniff) I smell United Bank of Switzerland coming to Gilberttown Detroit.
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonGeo View Post
    I don't get it.
    Go to Gilberttown Detroit and find out.

Snuck this photo over the fence tonight. It's not great, but I was in the area and I figured why not
    Name:  IMG_20190223_184316.jpg
Views: 5425
Size:  88.1 KB

I wonder if they will have to lower those cranes before the "Bomb Cyclone" arrives today, certainly do not want them to be blown over by the wind.

A lot of changes since my last pictures. Two new cranes. A new pit within the pit that is about a person deep. The new ramp is now complete and has barriers.

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 5602
Size:  180.8 KB

Name:  5.jpg
Views: 5387
Size:  106.8 KB

Possibly that "red crane" is going to be a pile driver for foundation work, cannot tell for sure though. I'm surprised they have not cleared all of the broken concrete and steel from the old parking garage, seems to hinder movement in the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Name:  JPEG image 2.jpg
Views: 1473
Size:  85.2 KB

Didn't they announce UBS was coming to that location well over a year ago?

There’s a second UBS sign on the State Street facade of the old Kresge Building next door too.

Default Gilbert "taking time with Hudson's site"

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...it/3006165002/

Sounds to me like you can add a year on to completion date.

We already knew this since they love changing the design. He also said a "high-profile" tenant announcement was coming in the future.

I totally agree with taking their time. This is not an average infill project. It is going to be a Detroit landmark for the next century. Why rush it? Do it right, even if it takes a little bit longer.

To be clear, the schedule of the project has not changed. And if you read the actual article, it talks about what we've all been talking aboout: a huge part of the project was the reconstruction of the "tub."

So, no, no time is being "added on" to the project. Steel is still scheduled for Spring like it's been for well over a year, now.

I've seen lots of activity in the pit lately. Constant digging. Cement trucks every day. The pit is very full of equipment at the moment, including to new cranes. I can only speculate, but it looks full speed ahead to me.

The OCM addition nearly has all the steel done and concrete floors poured.

The Monroe blocks is the slowest moving active project currently, but it is winter time and they have a lot of digging to do. I would suspect that we'll see more movement there in the spring.

If everyone who works in this building drives to work, which is the norm in this city, I foresee massive gridlock which will be compounded when all the other rehabs become populated.

Good problem to have^

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    I totally agree with taking their time. This is not an average infill project. It is going to be a Detroit landmark for the next century. Why rush it? Do it right, even if it takes a little bit longer.
    I mentioned this like a year ago [[there were no set plans, no financing, nothing concrete yet) and everyone jumped on me for being negative.

There are still no set plans. Not saying something isn't gonna get built here, but as of right now, no one knows what the hell is gonna get built, outside of the retail podium and parking [[which is mostly what was there before). There's no construction loan.
    Last edited by Bham1982; March-01-19 at 10:58 AM.

Huh? he has financing he's doing it himself I think all his developments go the same way and then refinancing later. Nothing would be happening without it.

Plans are set, they were presented to council and requested variances. Keep drowning in denial. are you still mad OC residents get to keep their boats?

Quote Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
    If everyone who works in this building drives to work, which is the norm in this city, I foresee massive gridlock which will be compounded when all the other rehabs become populated.
    Massive gridlock? Compared to Chicago, Toronto, Atlanta, etc. Detroit is still a ghost town at rush hour.

Exactly where are these cement trucks pouring the cement, into the recently drilled caisson holes with the rebar cage within? Are they driving down the ramp to pour the cement?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Exactly where are these cement trucks pouring the cement, into the recently drilled caisson holes with the rebar cage within? Are they driving down the ramp to pour the cement?
    They drive down the ramps. I'm not sure where or why they're pouring cement, I'm just a casual observer.

Here's a video of said activity on February 26th [[fast forward to 2:28):

The cement trucks also park on the edge of the site and use a boom pump to pour. Screenshot from Jan 29.

Name:  cement.jpg
Views: 3057
Size:  42.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I mentioned this like a year ago [[there were no set plans, no financing, nothing concrete yet) and everyone jumped on me for being negative.

There are still no set plans. Not saying something isn't gonna get built here, but as of right now, no one knows what the hell is gonna get built, outside of the retail podium and parking [[which is mostly what was there before). There's no construction loan.
    Do you post here just to spout misinformation? Not a singe sentence of this post is valid or based in reality.

Page 32 of 143 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 132 ... LastLast