Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 63 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3540

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    It looks like a second piece of steel is put in place directly north of the first at the 2:54 mark.
    Once the steel start going up then things will move at a fast pace. The warm winter weather helps as well. In a few months pictures of the elevated structure will be posted. Very excited

Not sure if that’s vertical progress just yet. Below grade columns are typically made from concrete, not steel. Maybe they’ll be pouring concrete into it, as I noticed rebar sticking pretty high out of the ground in the spots where the steel was placed recently.

The base of the second tower crane is in place.

Looks like some vertical construction has finally started as well on the block side.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    The base of the second tower crane is in place.
    Here's the moment [[around 3:40)

Absolutely fascinating 48307! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Absolutely fascinating 48307! Thanks.
    I actually got to meet the gentlemen that run the Youtube channel with the time lapse videos. They wrote code that automates the process. I put in a feature request of a time-stamp on the frames

Tell him thanks for keeping us updated on the construction activity. [[It's been a learning process for me...)

I had hoped Bedrock would have kept us updated on the construction process like Parsons Brinckerhoff did with the streetcar construction...

More concrete columns in place on the block portion of the site.

There can not be very many caissons left to drill at this point.

Actually, I believe they are going to drill them until every square inch of the site is combined to be one large caisson. Or so I've been told by insiders who claim this construction project is just a big ruse.....

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    Actually, I believe they are going to drill them until every square inch of the site is combined to be one large caisson. Or so I've been told by insiders who claim this construction project is just a big ruse.....
    I don't know about the ruse but I have to agree this thread is pretty funny.

They're burying deep secrets, encapsulated in concrete.
    The steel impedes detection.
    No one checks what enters the pit.
    When they're done "construction" will stop.
    Last edited by bust; January-23-20 at 11:29 AM.

They're obviously reburying Hoffa. Duh

I thought I read somewhere 18 caissons for the tower, and 150 for the rectangular block.... so yeah... literally "one big caisson".

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    I thought I read somewhere 18 caissons for the tower, and 150 for the rectangular block.... so yeah... literally "one big caisson".
    I'm not an engineer by any means, but the 150 number of caissons I was wondering about. I'm assuming there are many different sizes of them. Is it more cost effective to drill larger/less caissons for a project or is this solely determined by the load they will be supporting and they are distributed by some sort of formula? Just kind of curious why 150 is needed for the block footprint but only 18 for the tower. I understand the footprints are differing sizes but it seems like a ton of them. Any insight into that?

Anybody hear what the final design and plan is for the tower portion of this development? It would be nice to know something and I really hope the final design is not a complete let down and the announcement is coming soon that the tower will be taller than originally [[912') proposed.

A lot of concrete columns now rise from the bottom of the pit. None of them are higher than street level yet.

Two crane bases are being secured to the earth. One just had concrete poured yesterday. The other which already had some concrete poured has another plywood box around it which will help form a cube of concrete around the base.

The drilling has continued and giant rebar cylinders are still being assembled to go in the holes.

Naysayers and "dirt moving" conspiracy theorists seem to be misplacing their keyboards of late

A busy site with lots of progress.

Milestones I'm looking for:
    - Caisson drilling complete - the foul odor is no more
    - Two giant cranes become prominent but temporary features of the Detroit skyline
    - The giant dirt ramp is removed
    - Support structures for the building rise above street level
    Last edited by Scottathew; January-29-20 at 08:05 AM.

All this has been an amazing display of how far down builders must go before they can go up. Maybe we should run a pool on when the first part of the building nudges above street level.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    Sweet! Saw that they poured the foundation for the 2nd crane yesterday. This is about to get interesting.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...s-bedrock-says

Well this is sad. Very curious to see what the final height actually will be. And what an emotional rollercoaster on this one..

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...s-bedrock-says

Well this is sad. Very curious to see what the final height actually will be. And what an emotional rollercoaster on this one..
    Fine by me. It'd look ridiculous if it was twice as tall as anything near it - I never wanted it that tall. It can be 500-600 feet for all I care.

I just want to see it go vertical...

Still no news on when construction will start on the Monroe block. Just that the design process has been pushed back and won’t finish until middle of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Fine by me. It'd look ridiculous if it was twice as tall as anything near it - I never wanted it that tall. It can be 500-600 feet for all I care.

I just want to see it go vertical...
    Really? I suppose you feel the same about the Broderick Tower...

Gotta give credit to Gilbert. That was a hell of a bait and switch for a sweet incentive packages for both the Monroe Block and this site.

Page 63 of 142 FirstFirst ... 13 53 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 73 113 ... LastLast