Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 3553

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Since we're on the subject of doppelgangers, Worldsgreatest [[Seven&wyo's double) has also been MIA as of late.
    Yeah I don’t miss WorldsGreatest at all. He had such a mouth on him and acted like a complete dick to everyone all the time with name-calling and childish insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Yeah I don’t miss WorldsGreatest at all. He had such a mouth on him and acted like a complete dick to everyone all the time with name-calling and childish insults.
    Agreed, as well as wishing for a quick death of LBP... ya didn't have to like the man, but I wouldn't wish that kind of cancer on anyone [[just Google Patrick Swayze).
    Last edited by Gistok; August-17-19 at 11:11 PM.

Okay, fine. After one year of construction Hudson's skyscraper will be literally a hole in the ground. What did far more complex, foundation design of the year winning, 150 North Riverside in Chicago look like 12 months after its "real" ground breaking? 20 stories vertical.

Not sure if this is the best comparison... there are 16 of the large caissons holding this building up. Very innovative design indeed, but still nowhere close to the 150 large caissons total that are supposed to hold up the hudson's site buildings.

Plus the footprint of the two sites isn't even close... 6300 sq. ft. compared to 88,000 sq. ft.
    https://www.bdcnetwork.com/nerves-st...orth-riverside
    Last edited by ILKSGAMI; August-17-19 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    Okay, fine. After one year of construction Hudson's skyscraper will be literally a hole in the ground. What did far more complex, foundation design of the year winning, 150 North Riverside in Chicago look like 12 months after its "real" ground breaking? 20 stories vertical.

Not sure if this is the best comparison... there are 16 of the large caissons holding this building up. Very innovative design indeed, but still nowhere close to the 150 large caissons total that are supposed to hold up the hudson's site buildings.

Plus the footprint of the two sites isn't even close... 6300 sq. ft. compared to 88,000 sq. ft.
    https://www.bdcnetwork.com/nerves-st...orth-riverside
    Hudson’s needs all 150 caissons because like beloved 03H pointed out some time ago, the Midwest gets a lot of shakers. Wouldn’t want Bedrock’s crowning jewel to not be able to withstand the 7.0 magnitude quake Detroit will get in the next 100 years 😆

Okay my sarcasm is lame lol. It’ll get built. It will, it will. We believe! That’s not sarcasm. We can all see they’ve already invested a lot of man hours in that pit. That’s $$ coming out of Gilbert’s pocket. He doesn’t immediately get the tax money for his projects I don’t believe. Could be wrong though about that. Pretty sure that’s tax money those sites capture over time.

Yeah... I had nearly forgotten about the great earthquake of 1811 on the New Madrid fault in Missouri. It's possible that it may have been one of the worst in North America. Fortunately there were not many folks living in the Mississippi or Ohio valleys at that time... and the Mississippi River changed directions... but what is worrisome is that it was such a bad series of tremors that it sent church bells in New England ringing. If they have another one like the 1811 quake, St. Louis and Memphis may be severely damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yeah... I had nearly forgotten about the great earthquake of 1811 on the New Madrid fault in Missouri. It's possible that it may have been one of the worst in North America. Fortunately there were not many folks living in the Mississippi or Ohio valleys at that time... and the Mississippi River changed directions... but what is worrisome is that it was such a bad series of tremors that it sent church bells in New England ringing. If they have another one like the 1811 quake, St. Louis and Memphis may be severely damaged.
    Someone was just telling me about that 1811 quake. I was openly scoffing at it and then they gave the same anecdote you did, complete with the church bells ringing in New England 😁
    Let’s pray to God that fault line is dormant and there’s no tectonic shifts in our lifetimes, or many to come for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzgal View Post
    Ground breaking on Hudson's: December 2017
    DYes claims the "real" ground breaking: December 2018

Okay, fine. After one year of construction Hudson's skyscraper will be literally a hole in the ground.
    There's been a lot of progress on the site. I've documented that in my pictures I've shared and the Youtube channel that has daily timelapse videos.

A large part of the early progress was demolishing a four-story sub-surface parking garage.

I do agree that there is a difference between the "groundbreaking" and the "real groundbreaking" on the Hudson's site and certainly the Monroe blocks, which have had the sidewalks and Farmer Street blocked off for no reason for too long.

The amount of money, equipment, manpower, rebar, and concrete that goes into the Hudson site on a daily basis is a significant amount. I feel you're really over-simplifying and ignore facts to support your assertions.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I do agree that there is a difference between the "groundbreaking" and the "real groundbreaking" on the Hudson's site and certainly the Monroe blocks, which have had the sidewalks and Farmer Street blocked off for no reason for too long.
    They finally moved them back to free up the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    They finally moved them back to free up the sidewalk.
    There are still parts of Monroe between Woodward and Farmer that are blocked off, but it is a huge improvement to have some of it unblocked.

Are you hallucinating? Hudson's is literally a giant dirt hole. Meanwhile, Fiat Chrysler's new Jeep assembly plant is way, way ahead of schedule, Quicken HQ One Campus Martius expansion is also way, way ahead of schedule.

Stop spreading that falsehood that an underground parking garage takes 12-24 months to demolish. That's at most a 90 day demolition. At most.
    You're putting words into my mouth that I didn't say while at the same time disregarding all facts.

I'm far from hallucinating, as I've been one of the people on this forum that has actually been providing pictures I took of the construction progress. In addition I've been reviewing the daily timelapse videos scouring for clues as to what they're doing. I've been providing and seeking data and analyzing what that data could mean with the great folks of the DetroitYes community.

I'm sure they could move faster, but the actual facts remain that progress has been made every single day. I see 5-10 cement trucks every single day enter the site and unload. I see rebar delivered onsite, assembled into cylindrical shapes, and stuck into giant holes on a daily basis.

My claim for the Hudson's Site is that progress is being made and the site is active.

Your claim is that "Hudson's is literally a giant dirt hole.", which as I said before is a gross oversimplification that ignores the foundation work that's being done so that two large buildings can be constructed.

Just because they "could" do it faster doesn't mean they should do it faster or need to do it faster. There may be cost efficiency reasons to go at the current speed. There may be market conditions. Planning issues. Many different reasons. However, all evidence I've seen points to this being a real project that will have a building rise from it. Maybe not as soon as I'd like to see, but the reality that I observe and seek information in points to that conclusion. No hallucinations here.

Mark my words, the fake skeleton crew pushing dirt around will be gone very soon because of cold weather season. And when spring arrives it'll be ... crickets. And don't you dare question it, Dan's trying to get healthy and there's a looming recession. And for good measure, here's another new fake rendering for the next HUGE project, e.g. U of M Tech Hub.
    I don't think I'll address too many more of your posts, but the claim that they're "pushing dirt around" is completely and utterly false.

For those of you that want to see what is actually happening at the site and decide on your own what you want to believe, check out this YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...s1ZawzA/videos

Yep, the beginning of this fake skyscraper ruse being over. But he got his Quicken headquarters expansion complete, thanks to John Q. Public!
    "Businessman Dan Gilbert's Hudson's project is in line to get more than $160 million in incentives for the $900-million project, including sales and income tax abatement for construction activities, 30 years of property taxes, and, for 20 years, up to 50% of future state income taxes generated from the new jobs as well as from the new residents who will live inside the tower."

Doesn't sound like a con job if he's not gotten the money yet.
    Last edited by Gistok; August-19-19 at 11:54 AM.

So if she is wrong will she leave the forum like Steve?

Im not gonna say she is wrong though. I walked by this morning and half of the skeleton crew down there are cardboard cutouts.

Thanks Ryan... now you made me spray coffee over my keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    So if she is wrong will she leave the forum like Steve?

Im not gonna say she is wrong though. I walked by this morning and half of the skeleton crew down there are cardboard cutouts.
    Lol! Funny 😆

Evidence?

Name:  life-size-cutouts-construction-photo-prop-64cm-each--16503-p.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  26.2 KB

I observed the construction cam of August 16 and they are making progress with caisson construction. They filled the caisson hole with what looks like water and then pump it out and put it into one of those long tank like trailers. They used a cement pump truck to install cement into the caisson hole after installing a rebar cage. With comparison with the Vista Tower construction cam in Chicago where it seemed like a 100 construction guys vs. Hudson's site cast of 10-15 maybe. Definitely a difference. This whole scenario of exactly what they are building is very unusual and unlike most large construction projects underway. The excuse of not enough labor available does not work in this situation. It just does not make sense to me and many others to not know just what your building at this stage and who makes the final decision and when.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    I don't agree with Jazzgal's posts, use of hyperbole, and use of straw man arguments, but I think we shouldn't be attempting to dox that person.

For those of you not familiar with the term, doxxing is the act of trying to de-anonymize a poster on the Internet. This activity is prohibited on this forum, see rule #6 here: https://www.detroityes.com/mb/faq.ph...q#faq_therules
    Not quite... this rule is for "outing" someone's real name. For example saying that "O3H used to post here as WILLI" does not break that rule. Ditto if the person is identified on another forum as a different alias.

Nowhere is a persons "real world persona" revealed in these examples.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    I observed the construction cam of August 16 and they are making progress with caisson construction. They filled the caisson hole with what looks like water and then pump it out and put it into one of those long tank like trailers. They used a cement pump truck to install cement into the caisson hole after installing a rebar cage. With comparison with the Vista Tower construction cam in Chicago where it seemed like a 100 construction guys vs. Hudson's site cast of 10-15 maybe. Definitely a difference. This whole scenario of exactly what they are building is very unusual and unlike most large construction projects underway. The excuse of not enough labor available does not work in this situation. It just does not make sense to me and many others to not know just what your building at this stage and who makes the final decision and when.
    Sorry I highlighted your post. But this seems like the right dose of concern about what is going on. It's not Chicken Little, and it's not Pie in the Sky, but it's definitely chin scratching.

Hundreds of construction guys working on the One Campus Martius expansion too. Working nights, weekends, and holidays. Weird!
    It’s almost as if that’s a simpler job and fills their immediate needs for space so they prioritized it. Weird.

It’s almost as if that’s a simpler job and fills their immediate needs for space so they prioritized it. Weird.
    Pretty much. Their most immediate need was office space because Gilbert’s empire of businesses didn’t have anywhere else to go. They even talked about temporarily going back to the suburbs because of the dearth in space downtown. So the solution was to build out OCM which was designed for the addition in mind.

Crazy concept, right?

Was just told by an insider this morning that they have just placed 4 cameras around the Hudson's site to time-lapse the vertical construction.

Hmmmm.... looks like all traces of 'jazz girl' have been wiped clean from DYES [[except for our replies to her). Maybe Lowell found out she had an agenda or was a shill for someone else... and used some Troll-Be-Gone on the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
    Was just told by an insider this morning that they have just placed 4 cameras around the Hudson's site to time-lapse the vertical construction.
    They posted some timelapse footage a few weeks ago: https://twitter.com/BedrockDetroit/s...16524331966465

Page 49 of 143 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 99 ... LastLast