Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

Here comes OCP Quicken Loans! With their Michigan's largest skyscraper. This will be the symbol of Detroit's Second Renaissance.

We might as well called it, Renaissance Center Two.

Looks like they got the 2nd excavator in there now. I'd imagine demo will speed up substantially.

And it's hard to believe that once all this is completed, it'll not only finally fill in that big missing gap in the lower Woodward streetwall, it'll feature the tallest skyscraper in Michigan.

You don't really get a sense of the scale until you go see this hole in person. It is quite large.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChrome View Post
    You don't really get a sense of the scale until you go see this hole in person. It is quite large.

That sounds downright kinky.

Great pictures, keep the updates coming!

Some new renderings posted on Curbed Detroit.

Name:  OCM.JPG
Views: 2894
Size:  97.4 KBName:  Hudson2.JPG
Views: 2997
Size:  90.3 KB
    Name:  Hudson.JPG
Views: 3932
Size:  89.9 KB

C'mon, Book Tower couldn't get a new rendering on what could be there??

Seems like there's progress every day now!

Name:  05242018.jpg
Views: 2833
Size:  102.5 KB

Another angle. I took some looking down into the hole, but Dan needs to have the windows cleaned.

Name:  20180525_174654.jpg
Views: 2307
Size:  98.8 KB
    Last edited by Shai_Hulud; May-27-18 at 10:44 PM.

Cleaning the windows is pissing into the wind with an active construction site across the street.

Did anyone else notice the Z garage missing from the renderings?

If you were to count the square sections created by drawing lines between the posts, they tore down four new sections since my last picture, and notably have moved northward with three of those.

Name:  0529181216a.jpg
Views: 11235
Size:  191.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    Did anyone else notice the Z garage missing from the renderings?
    They omitted it so you could see more of the Hudson's tower. If the Z garage was in it you'd only be able to see the Compuware addition.

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    They omitted it so you could see more of the Hudson's tower. If the Z garage was in it you'd only be able to see the Compuware addition.
    Like the promos for Detroit City Apartments on the Statler site. The promoters 'remove' the people mover track in their renderings.

Another view from today:
    Name:  JPEG image.jpg
Views: 5748
Size:  135.8 KB

What I don't understand is why there's only one equipment being used to break up the ground for such a massive project

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    What I don't understand is why there's only one equipment being used to break up the ground for such a massive project
    There are three excavators. The big one is used to lift large debris out of the hole and into dumpsters. The two smaller [[but still quite big) excavators are being used to break up the structure. I'll try to get a picture today of progress.

Here's a picture from today!

Name:  06082018.jpg
Views: 5332
Size:  207.4 KB

Ok. I stand corrected. Didn't know that the underground was so deep

21. Default

Great pics 48307 and Van Dyke Brown.

Just found these from summer 2000 when the site was being excavated for the now-being-demolished parking lot.

Wow, things sure looked empty downtown without the Compuware and Z Garage buildings. Reminds you how far the city has come in 20 years.

Lowell, those are awesome. Those are all well before my time downtown, back when downtown was taught to me as a no-go zone [[as well as the rest of Detroit). I've got a feeling that the development from decade to decade is going to be astonishing for the time period between 1990-2040.

I just hope the economy keeps up long enough for the momentum to continue.

Damn that is a weird after you realize it was almost 20yrs ago. The things missing!

Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    Damn that is a weird after you realize it was almost 20yrs ago. The things missing!
    You could still see the last remaining trees from the Kern Block. I had thought that the thought that the Compuware building was going to be built in the Hudson site but it's in the right spot.

Page 15 of 143 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast