Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 14 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

I'll miss walking over those grates on Grand River and Gratiot that you could look down like 60 feet to the bottom. Always gave me a little surprise when I was walking along to peer so deep below the street like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    There were four levels.
    The flooded level doesn't count.

Thanks for the pics, 48307! Keep up the good work!

I wasn't able to get a good picture today, but when I was at street level I noticed they had dirt\fill delivered to the site and were putting it INTO the hole. I found this to be odd, I figured they would only be taking things out.

I'll get an up-high shot tomorrow.

Name:  0423181358.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  82.9 KB

Default Dirt in Parking Garage

I wasn't able to get a good picture today, but when I was at street level I noticed they had dirt\fill delivered to the site and were putting it INTO the hole. I found this to be odd, I figured they would only be taking things out.

I'll get an up-high shot tomorrow.

Name:  0423181358.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  82.9 KB
    I think the dirt is being put into the corner to create a ramp for the demolition equipment to drive down into parking garage.

Thank you so much @48307!

Everyone providing thanks, you are welcome! I'm glad to give back to the DYes community that has given so much to me.

I'll continue to provide pictures as changes happen. Lowell, please let me know if I'm causing any technical issues for the website and I can adjust as needed.

For this picture I had to get over my fear of heights and balconies, my previous pictures were from inside...

Name:  0424181113.jpg
Views: 5375
Size:  198.9 KB

I don't get what they're doing here by digging up one level and putting dirt on top. Something tells me this project isn't getting started the way that people think and I don't think is going to get started anytime soon really. I've got a feeling this process going to be stuck in a preliminary stage for the next couple years

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    I don't get what they're doing here by digging up one level and putting dirt on top. Something tells me this project isn't getting started the way that people think and I don't think is going to get started anytime soon really. I've got a feeling this process going to be stuck in a preliminary stage for the next couple years
    As stated above, it's a ramp for the wreckers. They put a hole in the top, now they'll drive to the lower level and from their knock down the "ceiling." Repeat.

Hahaha I legitimately wrote a draft about how someone was going to say the dirt was a sign that the project is not progressing as planned, but I decided it was too much of a stretch, even for this forum.

I stand corrected.

It's amusing that people with no background in construction/demolition are doubting/criticizing how such major efforts are being done.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    It's amusing that people with no background in construction/demolition are doubting/criticizing how such major efforts are being done.
    Pretty sure they're building a slide so the workers can work below ground. If you hear a loud weeeeeeeeee! next week you'll know I'm right.

5/1 around 1pm:

Name:  0501181259.jpg
Views: 3936
Size:  273.5 KB

After flying over the site on Google maps, I was wondering what was going on.

15. Default

5/1 around 1pm:
    So all those jutting ibeams were for naught. Great pic. It's going to be fun to watch from your perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    Can you cite any articles or anything where it was said to be an 80-story building?
    I thought just about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider420 View Post
    I thought just about the same.
    http://www.hudsonssitedetroit.com/

Its 800-foot tower crowned by the city’s first observation deck makes Detroit’s tallest building [[and most sweeping views) an asset that all residents and visitors can enjoy.

You have me hooked on your updates 48307.

I have been checking all day to see if you posted another pic!

Thank you for the great shots.

Interesting article from Crain's, "Inside former Amazon HQ2 'war room,' Gilbert's Bedrock makes new kind of pitch" which also includes a new link to a 360 image of both the Hudson Building and Monroe Building. It didn't work great on mobile but it is fine on desktop.

The scale of The Hudson's is so impressive. To go from that gap in the streetwall to this massive, looming structure totally changes the vibe of Woodward.

Hudson's 360

Monroe 360

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Interesting article from Crain's, "Inside former Amazon HQ2 'war room,' Gilbert's Bedrock makes new kind of pitch" which also includes a new link to a 360 image of both the Hudson Building and Monroe Building. It didn't work great on mobile but it is fine on desktop.

The scale of The Hudson's is so impressive. To go from that gap in the streetwall to this massive, looming structure totally changes the vibe of Woodward.

Hudson's 360

Monroe 360
    Damn that Monroe block is really going to tower over Campus Martius

Here are some pictures from last Friday:

Name:  0510181506.jpg
Views: 6863
Size:  105.6 KB

Name:  0510181524a.jpg
Views: 6831
Size:  195.4 KB

And one from today:
    Name:  0514181214a.jpg
Views: 6867
Size:  273.6 KB

Thanks for the shots, though it doesn't seem like a good idea to demo a structure when you are under it!

Quote Originally Posted by ASilvaman View Post
    I wonder if this guy still feels the same way?

This one is from Friday, 5/18.

Significant progress!

Name:  0518181147breduced.jpg
Views: 4075
Size:  128.5 KB

Even more significant progress between my last picture [[Friday) and today!

Name:  522.jpg
Views: 6031
Size:  88.5 KB

Page 14 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast