Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 57 of 142 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3540

Perhaps this is related, Gratiot will be closed between Farmer and Woodward Saturday, October 26 to Friday, November 15.

We can all get more excited when Bedrock finally announces just what they are building and how tall the tower section will be.

Road closure until mid-November for the project:

https://twitter.com/Detroit_TMC/stat...22115560099840

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    We can all get more excited when Bedrock finally announces just what they are building and how tall the tower section will be.
    They've already done that.

Here's a photo from today around 3pm.

Name:  IMG_20191028_144809685_HDR.jpg
Views: 3622
Size:  188.1 KB

[QUOTE=Metro25;581928]They've already done that.[/QUOTE
    Actually they haven't. Not a final rendering

[QUOTE=stasu1213;581941]
    Quote Originally Posted by Metro25 View Post
    They've already done that.[/QUOTE
    Actually they haven't. Not a final rendering
    I’d imagine the rendering is what it’ll look like, just shorter if they don’t find the operator they’re looking for. Either way, it’s still a big project and I’m getting excited for the cranes to go up soon. Thanks for sharing that pic! Gives you a better idea of the progress made than looking at the faraway YouTube footage

What have they announced, if they have I must have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    What have they announced, if they have I must have missed it.
    Office space and retail in the podium building and retail, residential and hotel space in the tower. That's what the plan has always been.

Bedrock has not announced just what the tower portion will look like or who will be the hotel operator. At this stage I would think they would know something.

For those of you who are curious as to why Gratiot is closed, these pictures will provide more clues. Also, it's become very apparent where one of the cranes will go, near the middle of the site.

Name:  Sky.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  229.4 KB

Name:  GL.jpg
Views: 3123
Size:  203.1 KB
    Last edited by Scottathew; October-31-19 at 03:24 PM.

Seems like a lot of work for a project that's nothing more than "moving dirt around"...

Jokes aside, it's kind of cool seeing the sewer pipes exposed

A different view where you can see more of the older infrastructure.

Name:  IMG_20191031_115534205_HDR.jpg
Views: 3012
Size:  119.1 KB

It looks like there has been A LOT more activity and crew at the Hudsons site in these last few days.. Maybe they found a hotel partner? Or maybe they realized that winter is near?

Has anyone had a chance to get a closer view of what I assume is the tower crane foundations [[the big square hole in the middle)? I can't quite tell by the videos, but it looks like they are maybe installing the rebar part of the foundation prior to pouring concrete?

Quote Originally Posted by ILKSGAMI View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to get a closer view of what I assume is the tower crane foundations [[the big square hole in the middle)? I can't quite tell by the videos, but it looks like they are maybe installing the rebar part of the foundation prior to pouring concrete?
    I would also be curious to see what's going on in regard to electrical power that was run under Gratiot. Unless that crane is diesel powered, they're gonna need a lot of electricity, and watching other videos of that crane going in it looks like they need to spin it around to install it

That square section sort of in the middle looks like it could be a crane foundation. They have yet to pour any additional cement into those forms though. Maybe with it being so damn cold now they have to wait for it to warm up a little, cement does not cure when it freezes before it can dry. I continue to wonder why nothing has been announced yet as to what they are building and just what changed to allow them to make a dramatic change after announcing that the tower portion was going to 912' That height would have been an outstanding building for downtown Detroit to have and also indicate that Detroit is on it's way back to becoming relevant again.
    Last edited by bigboat; November-13-19 at 07:20 AM.

I think the goal should be to have a crane in the ground before the 1500th post on this thread.

Today

Name:  3AE9BE6A-7732-4372-8076-481248ADA490.jpg
Views: 1676
Size:  119.5 KB

That caisson and corresponding hole is gigantic. By far the biggest one on the site.

What does this mean? The vertic as l building will begin soon

They’re already done drilling caissons for the block structure. They’ll be done with the tower caissons sometime in January.

They we're pouring concrete into the night yesterday. I don't think they've gone past 5 previously.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    They we're pouring concrete into the night yesterday. I don't think they've gone past 5 previously.
    I am no concrete expert, but I think it has to be a continuous pour; so, once they started, they had to continue until that caisson was finished. Again, no expert. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LongGone06 View Post
    I am no concrete expert, but I think it has to be a continuous pour; so, once they started, they had to continue until that caisson was finished. Again, no expert. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    Makes sense; a commenter on the YouTube video from yesterday said they poured 18 mixer loads of concrete.

Page 57 of 142 FirstFirst ... 7 47 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 67 107 ... LastLast