Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dmberko11 View Post
    Yeah no. There isn't gonna be a spire on this building. It's been repeated ad nauseam. The 5G was a weird tangent and pretty off topic but yes. Cell towers and the radiation they throw off is bad. 5G? I don't even wanna think about it. Life is short so why not make it shorter. For some that's a welcome relief!

I don't even come to this forum for updates anymore. More for LOLs from some of the shenanigans [[i.e. picturebook, etc). That youtube channel that posts the daily videos is getting interesting. They're sure drilling a lot of pilings down lately.
    It’ll be fun to watch the garage and structure finally start to rise. They’re really busy in the pit every day on the tower side and everything looks to be cleaning up and foundation work.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    How do you deal with these parasites?
    Unfortunately, many of them are in positions of power and influence, therefore they're unavoidable.

They've been very busy drilling holes, putting in cylindrical rebar, and then filling the hole with concrete.

Name:  0329191133.jpg
Views: 3595
Size:  217.2 KB

Name:  0329191136.jpg
Views: 3556
Size:  121.6 KB

Name:  0329191147_HDR.jpg
Views: 3574
Size:  133.8 KB
    Last edited by Scottathew; March-29-19 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRises View Post
    It’ll be fun to watch the garage and structure finally start to rise. They’re really busy in the pit every day on the tower side and everything looks to be cleaning up and foundation work.
    I agree! Looks like things are on schedule. And O3H won't be dissapointed because 48307 provided us with some pictures!!! Yay!

Pictures.........less thinking, easier on the brain, provides comfort.
    Remember your adolescence, pictures, comfort, sleep - sort of like that.

Progress pics from the People Mover taken today.

The videos really give you a better idea of the work going on. there has been an absolute shit ton of drilling and caissons put in and it looks like they cut a square into the concrete floor which looks like the footprint of the core of the tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPxw7668cO0

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    The videos really give you a better idea of the work going on....
    I can't stop watching that. At that speed they look like alien insects. LOL!

How high can the red crane lift ?

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    How high can the red crane lift ?
    High enough for a good bedtime picture...

It looks like they are removing the entire concrete floor in the footprint of the tower. Once that is gone, we might see some steel going up.

They have dug similar block shaped holes in the podium side of the site but then covered them up, not too sure what it is that they're doing, but it seems they're doing it as well on the tower side of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Asti View Post
    They have dug similar block shaped holes in the podium side of the site but then covered them up, not too sure what it is that they're doing, but it seems they're doing it as well on the tower side of the site.
    I noticed that apart from the auger cast piles they've been drilling for months, that they went back to the much larger caissons in the podium section the other day.

They really almost kind of have to be done with the foundation work given how they've pretty much made it all around the site. I suspect the "blocks" in the floor they have crushed at the tower portion will largely be the last bit of that kind of work. I'd also noticed that the augur cast piling seems to have wound down in the last week or so; those machines have mostly been sitting idle against the east wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    I noticed that apart from the auger cast piles they've been drilling for months, that they went back to the much larger caissons in the podium section the other day.

They really almost kind of have to be done with the foundation work given how they've pretty much made it all around the site. I suspect the "blocks" in the floor they have crushed at the tower portion will largely be the last bit of that kind of work. I'd also noticed that the augur cast piling seems to have wound down in the last week or so; those machines have mostly been sitting idle against the east wall.

Concrete takes a while to cure. I know for a typical highway project where a new concrete highway is poured [[not just a random concrete patch), the typical curing time is 28 days.

Given that the concrete used in this foundation will bear much greater loads than a highway, I have no idea what cure time is necessary. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there is a “waiting period” that must be allowed for the concrete to strengthen before anything can be built on top of the newly installed caissons.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Concrete takes a while to cure. I know for a typical highway project where a new concrete highway is poured [[not just a random concrete patch), the typical curing time is 28 days.

Given that the concrete used in this foundation will bear much greater loads than a highway, I have no idea what cure time is necessary. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if there is a “waiting period” that must be allowed for the concrete to strengthen before anything can be built on top of the newly installed caissons.
    So, I wasn't complaining about the speed of this at all. Quite the contrary. I was remarking that it looks like they are very close to being done with drilling.

BTW, depending on the mix of materials used in the drilled piles, they can be loaded tested as soon as 7 days after the pour. So, vertical construction will be able to start almost immediately.

What has me baffled - and maybe it's not being able to see a close up of the site - is the total lack of pile caps. They've obviously been drilling piles for well over a year now, but I've yet to see a pile cap. Maybe they are under the dust/debris on the site, but usually you see the steel reinforcement poking out, at least. Admittedly, this would all be easier if Bedrock would just do a monthly update on what's going on on the site.

There's lots of activity, but you can't really tell. They drill, they fill, then it gets covered.

Name:  0429191450.jpg
Views: 1879
Size:  191.4 KB

Name:  0429191453.jpg
Views: 1851
Size:  111.6 KB

Default New hudson's project

I have not been in the area in awhile. Has anyone yet to see any iron begin to emerge out of that cavern that is supposed to ultimately become the new skyscraper on the old Hudson's Department store site????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You have not been on DYEs for a while either
    Almost 1000 pages already.
    https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showth...-Hudson-s-site

No iron, but they are clearing the concrete subfloor of the tower portion. I imagine beams will be rising soon.

you guys there are video updates so you dont have to ask the same question again and again

I have not yet seen a rendering of Detroit's skyline with that building. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I have not yet seen a rendering of Detroit's skyline with that building. Anyone?
    You'll find several at a magical site called google.com

Why the incremental creep in height? Just make it 1000' or more, and that would put it in a league with some the country's most ambitious projects. Just not one of those skinny NY towers - they look pretty scary to be in - or near.
    Last edited by A2Mike; May-23-19 at 02:15 PM.

There may be limitations with the foundation, or more importantly, the funding.

I honestly don't want it to be ridiculously tall and just tower over everything. It'll obviously generally do that, but keeping it to an appropriate height [[not sure what that is) I think will look better.

Page 38 of 143 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 88 138 ... LastLast