Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 58 of 142 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3540

At least 18. They were still pouring when the video cut off.

Good news, the base portion of the tower crane has been lowered into position!

Here are some pictures!

Name:  CraneBase.jpg
Views: 8871
Size:  165.7 KB

Name:  Crane Base2.jpg
Views: 4098
Size:  133.7 KB

I remember when it was just all farmland - kind of miss the girder farm.

Free Press article about the crane base; no new information: https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...it/4300937002/

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Free Press article about the crane base; no new information: https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...it/4300937002/

Keep in mind that their FAA permit starts December first, so the chances of going vertical prior to then are pretty much zero.

I would expect to see a line of trucks Monday morning with crane parts ready to go up

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    I would expect to see a line of trucks Monday morning with crane parts ready to go up
    As well as a line of cement trucks to fill the base. It will be exciting to see it rise.

I wouldn't be so sure of it going up on Monday. The base of that crane needs to be filled with its rebar cage and once the concrete is poured I believe there needs to be plenty of time for the concrete the cure before the tower can go up.

Here's an interesting youtube video on all the steps necessary to erect a tower crane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC9m3sGRlnE

In the most recent video, it looks like the foundation for the second crane is starting to get dug and prepared towards the north side of the pit.

Great that we can see the placement of the base for a high rise crane. There is another base sitting in the NE corner of the pit. Now, they are getting to the point where steel girders have had to be ordered as I'm sure that would not be a stock item as every building would require something unique. By any chance has anyone seen an announcement just what the tower will look like, how tall, who is the possible hotel operator and does the new design deviate from what we were shown before.

Are there any caissons that have to go in underneath the ramp? I feel like that's a big obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D'Asti View Post
    Are there any caissons that have to go in underneath the ramp? I feel like that's a big obstacle.
    Those were some of the first caissons they drilled and poured last year. The ramp used to be in the tower section of the pit. I assume once all the caissons are drilled and the cranes are up, they'll start to remove the ramp.

How long did it take for the RenCen to start building vertical from the time the ground was broken?

Interesting question, but apples and oranges comparison because RenCen wasn’t built over the foundation of a previous high rise [[Hudson’s building)

Looks like they've tarped over the tower crane base, which is presumably to keep concrete warm while it cures, but I never saw any trucks in there to pour it.

Any ideas why they might have done that?

Looks like they've tarped over the tower crane base, which is presumably to keep concrete warm while it cures, but I never saw any trucks in there to pour it.

I would imagine soon. Before it was covered we noticed more rebar in it. Perhaps it's covered to allow workers to place the rest of the rebar without freezing their asses off.

The site is visible from the building I work in and we've been checking quite a bit through the day because we REALLY want to see the concrete pour for the crane!

I hope so! I'm coming home for the holidays and it sure would be nice to see a crane!

Did they secure the tarp? Removing it should buy them a couple more months.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Did they secure the tarp? Removing it should buy them a couple more months.
    LOL. I would imagine 48307 is correct that they're just taking their time on rebar and heating the ground around it. Tarping wet concrete in the winter is standard practice, so with structural stuff it's reasonable to expect that it's gonna need some pre heating before the pour

Its kinda humorous but you do realize that we all [[ myself included ) comment and guess on every little movement made on this development, [[ and others ) in the city... Thats exhausting..A friend commented that we look a little desperate . I mentioned we probably are.. If they end up building a 15 story building, gosh have we wasted our time. 😊😊

^^You should see some of the threads on SkyscraperCity's forum. The one for Tottenham's new stadium had people updating when a bolt was put in place. I think it's fun to track the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    ^^You should see some of the threads on SkyscraperCity's forum. The one for Tottenham's new stadium had people updating when a bolt was put in place. I think it's fun to track the progress.
    Doesn't work here in downtown Toronto where there are over 100 cranes currently. Heck here in the suburbs there are 12 condos of over 20 stories under construction just next to our mall.

Quote Originally Posted by DetBill View Post
    Its kinda humorous but you do realize that we all [[ myself included ) comment and guess on every little movement made on this development, [[ and others ) in the city... Thats exhausting..A friend commented that we look a little desperate . I mentioned we probably are.. If they end up building a 15 story building, gosh have we wasted our time. 😊😊
    Include me also. I guess that everyone is questionable about the process being that construction is being done one a project where the design has been changed.

We're on a forum, about Detroit, in a thread about a specific construction project! This is our place to nerd out for the sake of the people that we know in the real life that aren't as interested!

I resemble that remark!

Page 58 of 142 FirstFirst ... 8 48 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 68 108 ... LastLast