Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 137 ... LastLast

is there no moderation here?? stop going off topic.

Yes, seriously, this unsourced conspiracy theory bull needs to stop. It adds nothing of any value to the conversation and actually subtracts from it.

It's a PICTURE BOOK crowd - reading hurts the brain.

Flip the page, new picture, new picture, new picture oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    It's a PICTURE BOOK crowd - reading hurts the brain.

Flip the page, new picture, new picture, new picture oooohhhhh ahhhhhhh
    Okay, now that was legitimately funny

Quote Originally Posted by Worldsgreatest View Post
    is there no moderation here?? stop going off topic.
    Okay, dad! Sure thing, dad!
    Last edited by 313WX; March-23-19 at 03:12 AM.

I guess I fall into the "picture book crowd" because I'm interested in seeing construction updates on a website, but it appears the old ramp is now completely gone. Name:  Ramp.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  85.3 KB

That’s quiet alright. I was a conspiracy nut when I had said that the Qline wasn’t going to go to 8 mile road and that a monkey wrench will be thrown into the plans which it were. I am routing for the 900 plus feet but if the plans changed to only be built to 700 feet I would not be surprised at all for that is the way things are done in Detroit. I know that as far as the timeline things are moving according to plans. It had taken 4 years to build the RenCen not including the two extra towers that were added in 1981

you've said this like five times already. you've voiced your opinion. again your posts are not relevant or on topic.

If people show enthusiasm, interest or even view the largest new construction project that is non stadia in Detroit in decades in a positive light others get bothered, upset or downright pissed off.

These attudes are so ‘metro Detroit’ and explain many of our problems. This is not common behavior around the rest of America. New construction represents new jobs, now and in the future when the projects complete.

One way or the other we need the Jobs in this state badly or we will end up more decades behind the rest of the country.

nevermind.....

Just for the hell of it...….I am an expat with family and friends still in the area and it is great that there is a real turn around taking place. This project is definitely worthy of the Hudson's space. These hic ups are a pretty common thing everywhere. Watching the construction boom here in Seattle delays, changes, arguments about style are all pretty normal. This project is truly monumental and now with the Monroe Block and newly announced hotel/apartment towers announced in Midtown you guys are in for some real game changers. Don't worry about the old Detroit attitude it is kind of what makes the place, well Detroit.

I am glad that the block is going to have the tallest building in the state as well as retail. I think that the project is moving along fast and there will be issues especially with inclimate weather, city and state codes etc but it is a win win for Downtown Detroit

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I am glad that the block is going to have the tallest building in the state as well as retail. I think that the project is moving along fast and there will be issues especially with inclimate weather, city and state codes etc but it is a win win for Downtown Detroit
    What issues with inclement weather? Are you concerned the crane won't have windshield wipers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    As they've done over time, I'd imagine they are building a ramp at the northeast corner. If you remember, the first ramp was in the southwest corner. They rebuild ramps in different corners are they work around the site for easier access.
    Just to add to what you said, they're moving the dirt to the northern end of the site for new ramps so construction can begin on the tower portion of the site. According to the schedule, tower construction starts this spring with podium/block construction on the north end will begin this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    Just to add to what you said, they're moving the dirt to the northern end of the site for new ramps so construction can begin on the tower portion of the site. According to the schedule, tower construction starts this spring with podium/block construction on the north end will begin this summer.
    Yes, the tower starts first and then the block, and these movements would definitely explain that. The underground portions of the tower are also the most complicated [[truck elevator and turntable in southeast corner).

...and then what happens Dex, hurry flip the page, and read us a story......
    [[don't forget to include the pictures, they are important)

...and then what happens Dex, hurry flip the page, and read us a story......
    [[don't forget to include the pictures, they are important)
    Why would you ask him when you know everything?

Quote Originally Posted by NSortzi View Post
    BTW, yesterday it looks like we got the best angle of the auger cast piles being drilled, yet:

It's also kind of cool to watch the sun move across the site now that we're moving into Spring. Man, that driller was really working.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Both Empire State Building and Rockefeller Center were built during the worst recession in US history.
    Gilbert Tower Building in Gilberttown Detroit will be built on the population decline of Black Detro---I mean city residents in Michigan history.
    Last edited by admin; March-27-19 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Gilbert Tower Building in Gilberttown Detroit will be built on the population decline of Black Detro---I mean city residents in Michigan history.
    Cities live, die, and are reborn. Those citizens chose to leave for jobs and a better life with no repleshment of new blood. Dan Gilbert is investing in Downtown because it’s where the youth want to be, or they’ll leave the state. Decline is happening throughout Michigan. There are others beyond Gilbert trying to rebuild Detroit as well. I for one, born in Detroit in1973, am happy to see a Detroit as a Phoenix , not dwell in parking lots, ashes and dust.
    Last edited by admin; March-27-19 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Hey, wait a minute. The RenCen, was built as Michigan's tallest building during the white decline in the city. Now, The Hudson Tower is being built during black decline in the city

What's the 5G contract look like, off the top of the spire,
    irradiating all the humans , with focused intense microwave radiation ?
    Little research has been conducted on the health consequences from long-term exposure to MMWs, constant widespread deployment
    of 5G or 5th generation wireless infrastructure 24/7 and 365
    constitutes a massive experiment that
    "may" have adverse impacts on the public’s health.

Skyscraper liability insurance policy writers - step on up, just sayin'

or you could just wait till bedtime for the Pictures and bedtime story....
    Last edited by O3H; March-28-19 at 07:11 PM.

Im not sure what is more scary. Skynet or 5g.

What's the 5G contract look like, off the top of the spire,
    irradiating all the humans , with focused intense microwave radiation ?
    Little research has been conducted on the health consequences from long-term exposure to MMWs, constant widespread deployment
    of 5G or 5th generation wireless infrastructure 24/7 and 365
    constitutes a massive experiment that
    "may" have adverse impacts on the public’s health.

Skyscraper liability insurance policy writers - step on up, just sayin'

or you could just wait till bedtime for the Pictures and bedtime story....
    Are you high? This literally has nothing to do with anything we are discussing. I thought you might just be a troll; now I'm wondering if you're legitimately unwell on top of it.
    Last edited by Dexlin; March-28-19 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Are you high? This literally has nothing to do with anything we are discussing. I thought you might just be a troll; now I'm wondering if you're legitimately unwell on top of it.
    Yeah no. There isn't gonna be a spire on this building. It's been repeated ad nauseam. The 5G was a weird tangent and pretty off topic but yes. Cell towers and the radiation they throw off is bad. 5G? I don't even wanna think about it. Life is short so why not make it shorter. For some that's a welcome relief!

I don't even come to this forum for updates anymore. More for LOLs from some of the shenanigans [[i.e. picturebook, etc). That youtube channel that posts the daily videos is getting interesting. They're sure drilling a lot of pilings down lately.

Page 37 of 142 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 47 87 137 ... LastLast