Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 3561

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The Book Tower renovation is very far along, so what is the damned point of that old link?
    Absolutely no point, some people just like to hear themselves talk, or type, even if no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    The Book Tower renovation is very far along, so what is the damned point of that old link?
    Even when that article was posted the tower was well into renovation and not abandoned at all.

I just hope by the time they finally get above grade and go vertical the economy doesn't hit a recession. So many good projects proposed in detroit and all the momentum could come to a halt. Especially since construction seems to take forever in the D.

I'm telling y'all, this was the best decision I have made on here.
    Name:  ignore.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  37.8 KB

😂😂😂👆👆👆😂😂😂😂

Recent observation indicates no work other than removal of concrete floor from tower area. They have a large red caisson drilling machine that just sits next to the east wall and has not moved in several days. I don't understand what the delay is or are they on a thrifted hold by Bedrock. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    Recent observation indicates no work other than removal of concrete floor from tower area. They have a large red caisson drilling machine that just sits next to the east wall and has not moved in several days. I don't understand what the delay is or are they on a thrifted hold by Bedrock. Anyone know?
    Just curious what you mean by recent? I religiously watch the time lapse videos on the ol YouTube, and noticed the green and white machine drill somewhere from 5-7 caissons this past week? Or at least I assume that's what those giant holes that they then put a long rebar cage and fill with 4-5 concrete trucks worth of concrete are... However, I will freely admit that I am no skyscraper foundation expert.
    Last edited by ILKSGAMI; June-14-19 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Just my observation and just seems that they have done nothing to the tower area which I thought was scheduled to be built first. It just looks like an area of dirt that has been sitting for sometime. I'm not an expert either, just wondering if someone knew more details.
    Last edited by bigboat; June-15-19 at 12:28 PM.

They made a statement that more tower drilling will be happening once they're finished with drilling on the rest of the site.

Somewhat related but lord knows money is truly bursting at the seems for Gilbert and Co. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/12/lead...n-volumes.html

I'll give you that, all the work done recently does seem to have been in the podium portion. I did find it interesting that in Crain's most recent article they mentioned starting on the podium before tower - contradicting the earlier timeline.

bigboat, most of the tower portion was excavated in the past few weeks. They've been removing broken concrete from that area for weeks. And sometimes plans change. Something obviously happened where it made better sense to start steel at the podium section first.

Quote Originally Posted by O3H View Post
    Perhaps you missed the point - of overlooking things,
    mistakes, not enough brainstorming, even on very large,
    complex, complicated projects - around the world.
    I made zero mention of any specific site, that was the point
    “Brainstorming??”

Do you even know what that is? Clearly you do not. Never successfully anyway have you ever done it.

Let’s see here, all you ever offer here is Earthquakes, floods, pollution, recession, gov. failure, uneducated, bankruptcy, unemployment, more pollution [[by the way, you’re a horrible advocate for an important problem. People like you are making it worse) events suck, sports suck more, anything other people might be interested in besides your interests suck the most, poverty, Detroit and Highland Park are the worst cities ever [[you’re not fooling anyone so why not just say it) restaurants suck, as well as the jobs and people in them, cars suck, automakers are the bane of human existence and we should “kick them out” [[ironic because you said you live in Warren which would look exactly like the places you hate if GM did pick up and leave) and the people who work in the auto industry deserve to be unemployed in your opinion. The negativity you inject in this forum is continuous and never ending.

You’re not brainstorming anything you’re just bitching. Lots and lots of bitching has nothing to do with “Brainstorming.”
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; June-14-19 at 10:03 PM.

That's crazy talk. Every obsessed Detroit hater is just an objective realist trying to help us poor plebs.

looking at the most recent video on that youtube channel who uploads daily construction timelapses, they have begun loading steel beams into the site. so before the summer is over i expect the base structure for the podium to begin going up

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    looking at the most recent video on that youtube channel who uploads daily construction timelapses, they have begun loading steel beams into the site. so before the summer is over i expect the base structure for the podium to begin going up
    I'm fairly certain that you saw them loading bundles of rebar into the pit. The workers then take those bundles and create cylindrical rebar columns that are inserted into the holes they drilling, then they are filled with concrete.

Let's stir some shit.

I heard LeDuff [[who I take with one single grain of salt) called it that this wasn't going to happen due to Dan's health, high costs approaching $2 billion, and the labor shortage.

I can't say why, but I too have my "gut skepticism".

^He said they are "moving dirt around" at the site. Sounds like he might be reading this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    ^He said they are "moving dirt around" at the site. Sounds like he might be reading this thread...
    Ahhh ok, which is such a cliche phrase to denounce any development's progress.

I see it as the opposite. I think Dan's health make legacy projects like this and Monroe Block, but especially Hudson's, that much more important to DG. I could be wrong, but he isn't taking all that money with him when he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I see it as the opposite. I think Dan's health make legacy projects like this and Monroe Block, but especially Hudson's, that much more important to DG. I could be wrong, but he isn't taking all that money with him when he goes.
    That's a rather dark take on it, but I suppose could be plausible.

And I agree that the "moving dirt around" line is very lazy, especially when if you take the time to watch a time lapse video or two you can See progress happening.

he/she drinks to much obviously.

I dont know. While I'm a sheet metal worker waiting for the mechanical construction to happen I would gladly switch to labor for work. I've been laid off since early november and I am loosing my ass with no cash. I cant be the only one willing to do some labor out there.

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    I made the joke that they are playing in the sandbox all this time on the YouTube channel. Obviously they are making progress even if it doesn’t appear like much to the untrained eye

They have been unloading steel for the past two days. Progress!

Quote Originally Posted by David L View Post
    They have been unloading steel for the past two days. Progress!
    Is it steel or just the materials for the caissons?

Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 31 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 51 91 141 ... LastLast