Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143
Results 3,551 to 3,561 of 3561

^ stasu1213... don't forget the Huntington Bank Tower...

Let's make it official ultra-luxury EDITION HOTEL for Hudson's Tower... 210 rooms...

Dan Gilbert confirms ultraluxury EDITION Hotel, condos for Detroit Hudson's tower [[msn.com)
    Last edited by Gistok; Yesterday at 03:25 AM.

Looking at the article Gistok posted, it says the RESIDENCES wont open until 2027. Which may at least be some good news for the hotel since it isn't mentioned directly.

Thinking about it this might make sense. The hotel has an incentive to open asap to start renting rooms. However the condos are more of a one and done type deal so I'm assuming they want to take their time with those to make sure they are building and marketing properly and getting the most they can out of each condo sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapooty View Post
    Looking at the article Gistok posted, it says the RESIDENCES wont open until 2027. Which may at least be some good news for the hotel since it isn't mentioned directly.

Thinking about it this might make sense. The hotel has an incentive to open asap to start renting rooms. However the condos are more of a one and done type deal so I'm assuming they want to take their time with those to make sure they are building and marketing properly and getting the most they can out of each condo sale.
    I really hope the hotel opens up earlier than 2027... I am personally very much excited about it and will book/stay there on the first day of the opening.

However, unfortunately, Bedrock's press release states that the hotel will be available in 2027 as well.

- "Work is already underway on The Residences at The Detroit EDITION and The Detroit EDITION, with availabilities starting in 2027."

Press Release: https://www.bedrockdetroit.com/press...dsons-detroit/
    Last edited by RAPLAS; Yesterday at 11:43 AM.

A bit of conspiracy theory here...

It looks like the floor plan's got removed from Bedrock's website as well as from the Hudson's new website. I have a feeling that they are revisiting the plan now with considerations of GM's join, office needs, schedule, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    ^ stasu1213... don't forget the Huntington Bank Tower...
    You are right . I think that the Hudson's Block would had been completed back in 2020 if the tower wasn't including with it. Detroit as a whole doesn't have a robust economy and sometimes the forcast have to study before major developments occur. Tony Lieberman, developer of Soho and South Beach had said during his Detroit visit that Detroit should start redeveloping one building at a time; one block at a time. He also had said that Detroit should not try to be a metropolis such as New York or Chicago but keep being a town.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    You are right . I think that the Hudson's Block would had been completed back in 2020 if the tower wasn't including with it. Detroit as a whole doesn't have a robust economy and sometimes the forcast have to study before major developments occur. Tony Lieberman, developer of Soho and South Beach had said during his Detroit visit that Detroit should start redeveloping one building at a time; one block at a time. He also had said that Detroit should not try to be a metropolis such as New York or Chicago but keep being a town.
    What kind of idiotic take. A region of 6 million people isn't a metropolis? Somehow a town? We should have a small town mindset yeah I'm sure that'll work out great for us. How brain-dead. Gilbert's whole mentality has been the opposite of that.

This is slightly after tower topping out. I’ve been pretty consistent on updates over the years, but will probably stop posting once last noticeable exterior glass is placed.

Update as of 4/18:
    Name:  IMG_3460.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  219.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    What kind of idiotic take. A region of 6 million people isn't a metropolis? Somehow a town? We should have a small town mindset yeah I'm sure that'll work out great for us. How brain-dead. Gilbert's whole mentality has been the opposite of that.
    Detroit had and still have under 800,000 during the time he had visited this city. He wasn't referring to a small town such as Mayberry. He was saying that Detroit shouldn't be forced into making it what is not. In other words stop trying to make Detroit like a New York City. New York had to build upward due to lack of land and space. Detroit doesn't have that problem. I am not knocking what Gilbert had done for Detroit. He had given the downtown area the shot in the arm that it needed. However, another focus should be the neighborhoods which in the past a working town such as Detroit boast of having

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post
    This is slightly after tower topping out. I’ve been pretty consistent on updates over the years, but will probably stop posting once last noticeable exterior glass is placed.

Update as of 4/18:
    You had done a great job photographing the progress of the development over the years

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSoarer View Post

Update as of 4/18:
    I really appreciate all your contributions!

Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 138 139 140 141 142 143