Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 3565

Looking forward to the day I can see someone post a ground level shot with construction rising.

From Wednesday looking down.Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 2890
Size:  178.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the pics. The NE corner looks roughly level with the street. Also, you can see the TCF crane in the backdrop

Quote Originally Posted by 313rd View Post
    From Wednesday looking down.Name:  IMG_1520.jpg
Views: 2890
Size:  178.9 KB
    queue the "it's just a parking garage" post

Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
    queue the "it's just a parking garage" post
    Lol...while I'm sure someone will say that, I'm actually waiting for them to build it back up beyond the original parking garage that was there before.

Then I'll truly take a deep breath on this one knowing that even if things go south in the mortgage industry, we're still above street level and SOMETHING will be there.

And to be honest, I'd be totally fine if they just extended the block section and killed the tower. It would suck in a way but at least we get the cohesive vibrant woodward that we want along that block

Quote Originally Posted by angry_fred View Post
    And to be honest, I'd be totally fine if they just extended the block section and killed the tower. It would suck in a way but at least we get the cohesive vibrant woodward that we want along that block
    Yeah uh, hell no. That ship sailed like 6-8 years ago

Default Hudsons Site

Observing the YouTube videos I have noticed they have some construction people working on the tower caissons or at least looking at them and having discussions. I think with it being almost November now they will have to start to move forward on the tower portion. I'm not sure how long it takes to receive structural steel once it is ordered, but if it gets there before they are really ready for it I'm sure they could store it in the storage lot called Monroe Block as long as they number the steel in a sensible manner. Then again, maybe they don't plan to use steel and this will be reinforced concrete construction as they have been doing on the podium.

But there's so much stuff in there now there's no room left to just move dirt around!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    But there's so much stuff in there now there's no room left to just move dirt around!
    That dirt is being used for Monroe Block - 2021-2026.

The erection of the Hudson's site cranes has transformed the Woodward Ave. view as seen these images from a couple of days ago. It will be fun to what these 'teenagers' grow.

Name:  Hudson-site-from-Woodward.jpg
Views: 2131
Size:  129.1 KB

Name:  Hudson-Site-cranes.jpg
Views: 2077
Size:  145.1 KB

Default Hudsons Site

They have moved the red armed cement pumping device to right next to the tower caisson area. There have been several men installing a large rebar base for a very large cement pour coming soon. I wonder why those larger cement caissons are not included in this rebar install. Hopefully this building has not been scaled back again and they don't need the larger supporting caissons. According to everything I have heard, the tower should begin to rise by this coming May 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by bigboat View Post
    They have moved the red armed cement pumping device to right next to the tower caisson area. There have been several men installing a large rebar base for a very large cement pour coming soon. I wonder why those larger cement caissons are not included in this rebar install. Hopefully this building has not been scaled back again and they don't need the larger supporting caissons. According to everything I have heard, the tower should begin to rise by this coming May 2021.
    Why would they need to delay a "rise" another 5-6 months? This week marks the three year anniversary of the hyped groundbreaking.

According to everything I have heard, the tower should begin to rise by this coming May 2021.
    According to who? one of your super-secret "insider sources" who months ago told you that the whole tower was going to be scrapped? keep it up BigBoat this is actually entertaining.

For those of you wanting to see the latest video. Lots of activity and this was on a Saturday!

Default Hudsons Site

Quote Originally Posted by CR75 View Post
    According to who? one of your super-secret "insider sources" who months ago told you that the whole tower was going to be scrapped? keep it up BigBoat this is actually entertaining.
    Well, in today's pandemic world of nothing but, bad news it is a good thing that my commenting can turn into some entertainment. This is strictly my observation and really I know nothing more than anyone else, at least until Mr. Dan Gilbert calls me next week and asks me just what I think.

I wonder why those larger cement caissons are not included in this rebar install. Hopefully this building has not been scaled back again and they don't need the larger supporting caissons.
    You kind of brought the response on yourself. This kind of idle speculation open the door up to this trolling. There has been absolutely no new, public or otherwise, that the tower has been scaled back from when we learned it was going to be 680 feet. The foundation has been done; what they are or aren't doing around the above-foundation caps has absolutely no bearing on what the completed foundation can hold.

Yeah, I'm annoyed with the both of you, but I really place the blame on Bedrock for not providing even monthly construction/development updates like any normal developer would. It's less them trying to 'hide' something as it is just their kind of culture of opacity in everything they ever do. There'd be less room for this kind of idle speculation and trolling if they'd just do regular updates. And it's not just the Hudson site; it's ALL of their properties.

They do updates at their community meetings. They've had several.

Since when do private developers hold the public's hand with updates on every little detail? That's not something that really happens.

Big developers do it all the time, and especially on projects of this size. What Bedrock has been doing - or in this case, hasn't been doing - is more than notable. And given how many public incentives they got for this project - not just from the city but had the whole legislature change the law for them - they should be extra sensitive to these kind of critiques.

And, lol at their annual meetings they are required to give under the community benefits ordinance. Puh-leeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Big developers do it all the time, and especially on projects of this size.
    Do you mind pointing to a project by a private developer that apparently gives the public more updates than Bedrock? And what do these updates look like other than some media releases? [[of which we've had many, we've even gotten detailed timelines and drawings)

What's notable is how hyper focused and obsessed some are with this building, that's not normal. Trolls nitpicking every last micro detail [[like the plastic protecting the rebar lol) and developing a new grand conspiracy theory every week is not normal or typical.

I've been trying to upload some pictures to the site about the construction progress from ground level but I keep getting a message that I've exceeded my limit. How can I fix that?

Is there a CBO meeting this year? I don't see anything on the city's calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    I've been trying to upload some pictures to the site about the construction progress from ground level but I keep getting a message that I've exceeded my limit. How can I fix that?
    Send a message to Lowell, he'll fix it for you.... I've exceeded my limit about 6 times in the last 10 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Satiricalivory View Post
    Do you mind pointing to a project by a private developer that apparently gives the public more updates than Bedrock? And what do these updates look like other than some media releases? [[of which we've had many, we've even gotten detailed timelines and drawings)

What's notable is how hyper focused and obsessed some are with this building, that's not normal. Trolls nitpicking every last micro detail [[like the plastic protecting the rebar lol) and developing a new grand conspiracy theory every week is not normal or typical.
    You're gaslighting. Maybe we're "obsessed" because it's been over 10 years in the making and we're tired of hot air and empty promises. The prime land was basically free, there's $1 billion in lobbied public money tied up in this, plus it's a federal opportunity zone. Local media has hyped this more than any local project ever. Groundbreaking was 36 months ago and there's hardly any progress -- while dozens of projects in Chicago, Nashville, Cleveland and Philadelphia began and have topped out and/or completed in the same time frame. Nashville alone has completed dozens of mid- and high-rises since 2017.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_in_Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post
    You're gaslighting. Maybe we're "obsessed" because it's been over 10 years in the making and we're tired of hot air and empty promises. The prime land was basically free, there's $1 billion in lobbied public money tied up in this, plus it's a federal opportunity zone. Local media has hyped this more than any local project ever. Groundbreaking was 36 months ago and there's hardly any progress -- while dozens of projects in Chicago, Nashville, Cleveland and Philadelphia began and have topped out and/or completed in the same time frame. Nashville alone has completed dozens of mid- and high-rises since 2017.

They dont have private investors building a project that have to go through a lo th of red tape

Quote Originally Posted by motorcity View Post

Literally nobody cares about how fast they are building in Nashville or Chicago. Start your own thread if you want to bitch about slow building, but don't highjack this one.

Page 91 of 143 FirstFirst ... 41 81 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 101 141 ... LastLast