Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

If the NOI wants to attract more, and evangelize:The NOI should encourage members to run for office as independents.Broaden membership to other ethnics.They should update their music selections at mosques to "Islamic gospel".Go beyond urban centers to suburbs & smaller town backdrops. Set up international locales abroad.Rev. Farrakhan is well into his 80s now. Longevity has its place, but he won't be around forever. Whenever he eventually passes, I wonder if there will be infighting?Will they move back toward the Sunni format, as happened when Elijah Muhammad's son Wallace took over in the mid 70s after his father's death. Farrakhan's group is technically a "reboot" begun in the late 1970s after separating from Wallace's re-organization of the NOI into a 'mainstream Islam' congregation.

Wow,.. that's almost 1/10th as bad as Al Sharpton,.. hyper racicts hate monger, and tax cheat.

Seen here in this video encouraging people to kill cops and inferring that he has already done so.

https://youtu.be/XpZ0RwtvZmk

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    1. Reading is fundamental. Did you even read that paragraph I transcribed? Or are you so eager to bolster your agenda, instead of actually reading what I wrote, you instead pull out the handbook and start accusing me of bad things? Which leads into my next point:
    No, you're making up stuff. You never posted anything that supports your claims. Please post where Farrakhan blamed everything on earth on white people, please explain why the NOI is equivalent to the KKK, and please explain what this has to do with the racist lies coming out of the scum in the White House. Actual text, no racist fakenews. KKK has killed thousands of blacks and terrorized nonwhites for over a century.

2. WTF are you talking about when you claim I'm supporting white racists?What did I write that indicates that? I despise any kind of bigotry, and think it should be called out. Especially when it's the first thing someone says in a speech. The difference between you and me, apparently, is that I'm not selective about when bigotry disgusts me.
    Ah, yes. You're a shining paragon of justice. That's why you started a thread to disparage the free media, defend white racism, and fabricated a worldview where Trump is a victim.

3. You're clearly bending over backward to push your sad, skewed worldview. You either denounce racism or you don't. It's that simple. And you're apparently perfectly fine with the media omitting or downplaying it if it's a certain type of person doing the hating.
    No, we're understanding you quite well. You're a bigot. The media [[generally speaking) tells the truth. You can't deal with this, so need to invent a false worldview that justifies your bizarre race victimization theory.

You accused me of being a Trump supporter, which shows you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    I'm willing to bet any amount of money you're a hardcore Trump supporter. You started a thread whining about "fake media" black people allegedly being racist against victimized whites, and the poor poor, President Trump. I have zero doubt you love the Trumpenfuhrer and his hateful message.

People like you, who are willing to look the other way as long as racism is propogated by people you're aligned with, and whose first instinct is to start calling people racist whenever they disagree, are a huge reason why that moron is President in the first place. It's not that so many people voted for him because they're racist, sexist, etc. It's that they're getting tired of Hilary and her ilk wagging a finger at them and telling them they're racist, etc.
    Hillary was 100% right. Many [[most?) Trump voters are deplorables. Many are racist. Decent people aren't going to give you a pass and will resist your agenda at every step. Deal with it. We're never going to accept you and your ilk destroying our country.
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-20-17 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    No one has posted anything from his speech that is particularly racist, or remotely analogous from what we get from the White House, or ...

Just a question,... can you name anything [[policies for instance) from the Trump White House that is racists? I keep hearing that inferred by people,.. but no one has ever made a rational claim of why they think that.

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by southen View Post
    I am white. Stop whining. A small gathering of people don't like white people. Oh gosh. Brush it off and keep in mind that as a white male in this country you have every advantage someone could ask for as well as a history of keeping women and minorities from enjoying the same advantages. I look forward to your war on Christmas post...

I have a history of keeping women and minorities from enjoying advantages? Actually, I don't. And I can't speak for anyone in the past. And I don't think there's a war on Christmas. And I'm not a conservative. And I'm not a Republican.

But, hey, nice job deflecting.

I don't like Trump, but if people like you insist on painting everyone who disagrees as a bigot/sexist, whatever, it's gonna be a long 8 years for you.

To boil down your argument: The media is supposed to shine a light on bigotry and hatred whenever it can...depending on who's spewing the bigotry and hatred. You're selective in when you want the media to do its job as public watchdog. Gotcha.
    Last edited by dookie joe; February-21-17 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but white men don't particularly have a corner on the oppression of women. Think parts of Africa, Asia and in larger part much of the Middle East, current and ongoing.
    em

On a side note,I find it a bit amusing that people blast Trump about Russia but yet say nothing about the countries you mentioned which are in a far worse category,but justify it because it allows them to fill their cars with cheap gas and cheap products and trinkets in their homes.Oppose slavery but yet support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Well that's kinda 'tight' for white folks, ain't it? Per your comment! Rather 'burdensome' to carry about, with a good helping of self-loathing - and a teaspoon of white guilt. Does confession bring any ease? [[I'm asking rhetorically not as an attack to you).

I'm black but just not feeling the statement in that it does not seem to fix anything. No one self loathes too easily as in an op-positional state from supremacy. Most folks are somewhere in the middle, trying to live their life.

For certain, whites have had a technological lead in weaponry for the most part, yet there's no exclusivity of violence and murder beyond that. It depends on what time in history and what fascist/ despot ruler was active.

I am sure Farrakhan remarked on this and more he used to in the past [[used to go see him from time to time back in the 80's - 90's.).

He's even more to say on race when speaking to his congregants only.

The Savior's day Sunday message is for 'mass' consumption, ala his form of ecumenism -- as he invites Christians, etc to attend. I always remind people of that when they go see him.
    Amen. Most folks are in the middle trying to live life. Personally, I think there's entirely too much discussion about our differences, and it's a way for the man behind the curtain to divide and control us all.

But if a reporter is covering a Farrakhan rally, and the first thing out of the man's mouth is to dog an entire race of people, I think it behooves those journalists to impart that to their readers. The media rightly highlighted the hateful crap spewing from that stupid reverend from down south who hated gays, and he had like 10 people in his group. Why make no mention of Farrakhan's hateful opening statement, and only give a brief mention way down in the story that, yeah, some people say he says some controversial stuff?

And folks, don't come back with stupid crap like "oh, white people have it so bad." People of all races are really struggling right now. That should go without saying. That kind of thinking, again, is why people were willing to look past Trump's many shortcomings and vote him in. I imagine those elderly white folks who have to choose between eating and getting their medicine, or whose kids are sick and they can't afford medical care, probably got tired of Hilary and her ilk telling them how lucky they were.
    "I'm sorry, honey. We finished the can of tuna last night. All we have is that can of Alpo. But I can't get groceries, because you need your medicine."

"That's okay, sweetie. The roof is leaking, but it's going to be fine. We're white!"
    That whole argument is so amazingly stupid, I'm shocked people have the gall to make it. Besides, comparing privilege penis size is completely immaterial to this discussion, anyway. This is about the free pass Farrakhan gets from the media. Let's stipulate [[and I don't) that white people are born with this innate privilege; does that mean the media should ignore hate speech when it's a black person saying it? What good does that do? Does it somehow even the cosmic scales? If so, let's at least be honest about it and move on. When I see a story about an event I didn't attend, I expect to be informed about what happened. Luckily, we have YouTube now, and we can see for ourselves what's being omitted. We can only guess why.

You know how to help bring people together? Call out real racism where you see it, rather than ignoring it because it doesn't suit an agenda. That's the way to make our society better. Be honest about stuff. It seems to me a fairly simple concept: Hating on an entire race of people isn't cool, and it should be called out. I don't care who's doing the hating.
    Last edited by dookie joe; February-21-17 at 01:14 AM.

Now THIS is some revisionist history. Apparently this explains all the blonde Germans in the Congo; they were apparently brought as slaves prior to 1500, duh.
    Uh, what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

There was just a great episode of Rick Steve's Europe on WTVS a couple weeks ago covering the French Rivera and Monaco. Every town on the coast had a fortress for the citizens to retreat to when the Barbary pirates would attack.

No, you're making up stuff. You never posted anything that supports your claims. Please post where Farrakhan blamed everything on earth on white people,
    Ok, he didn't blame white people for "everything on earth." He blamed the entire race for what some white people did...decades/centuries ago. It's like saying, "oh, a large percentage of black people commit crimes...I'm going to blame all black people for crimes." It's moronic.

It's the same thing Hitler did, and Farrakhan does, with Jews: Take a few facts, and then make what I call the stupid leap:

Fact: The banking, media and entertainment industries have always had an inordinate amount of Jewish people running them. That's an inescapable fact; for such a small part of the population, there are plenty of Jews in those positions.

Here's the stupid leap: Jews are responsible for ________ [[fill in the blank with whatever evil in the world you want to blame on Jewish folks). Because a few Jewish people were in positions of power, and may have done some bad things, that means, according to this stupid way of thinking, that all Jews are responsible.

See how that works? It's the same with this black/white business:

Fact: Although there are examples throughout history of people of all colors perpetrating slavery, groups of white merchants and certain governments instituted the worst system, resulting in 400 years of bondage of millions of Africans.

Stupid leap: White people are responsible for black people's misery.

This stupid leap ignores the fact that most white people never owned slaves...many white countries didn't participate in the slave trade...and white people fought and died to end slavery. In England, white people voluntarily abolished it without a war.

You can make the argument that the system of slavery still has a residual effect on black people, and we could have a rational discussion. But to blame it on "white people" or "the Jews"??? That's stupid.

Would you blame some Japanese baby who was born 20 minutes ago for the rape of Nanking?

Be smart. Don't make the stupid leap.

please explain why the NOI is equivalent to the KKK, and please explain what this has to do with the racist lies coming out of the scum in the White House.
    1. The KKK and the NOI both preach hate against an entire race/religion. One of the basic tenets of NOI is that white people were created by a scientist more than 6000 years ago for the sole purpose of wreaking havoc on the black race. I'm fairly certain this is what Farrakhan was referencing to open his speech in Detroit:

Yakub [[sometimes spelled Yacub or Yaqub) is a central figure of the Nation of Islam [[NOI). According to the story, Yakub was a black scientist who lived "6,600 years ago" and began the creation of the white race to be a "race of devils". He is said to have done this through a form of selective breeding referred to as "grafting", while living on the island of Patmos.

The Nation of Islam theology claims that Yakub is the biblical Jacob. Mainstream Sunni and Shia Muslims do not have this belief, or anything similar to it. The story has caused disputes within the NOI during its history. Under its current leader Louis Farrakhan, the NOI continues to assert that the story of Yakub is true, stating that modern science is consistent with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_[[Nation_of_Islam)
    So, according to the NOI, the white race is an abomination created by a scientist in order to make the world a shittier place...the minister is openly anti-Semitic ... and you're asking me what this group has to do with the KKK? Dude, do you need me to draw you a fucking map?

The NOI is a hate group. The media should reflect that. Now it's, "some people say they're controversial." No, they're completely open about the fact they think white people and Jews are inherently evil, disgusting people.

and:

2. I never mentioned the White House. You did.

Actual text, no racist fakenews. KKK has killed thousands of blacks and terrorized nonwhites for over a century.
    Wikipedia isn't "racist fakenews" is it? I can provide lots of other links, including the NOI website, but I'm being lazy.

Regarding the Klan: I'm not aware that the yahoos who dress up in their stupid white hats nowadays are killing people in any significant numbers, although there are cases here and there. But, yes, the Klan does have a horrible history of violence.

Does that render any comparison to the NOI invalid? Let's see...in what ways might they be similar? Hmmm....let me ruminate on that for a minute and get back to you....

Wait! I got it! Both groups despise another race! And they both hate Jews!

That would make them kinda alike...wouldn't it? Being that both groups believe people with different skin color are beneath them and all? Ya think? Maybe? Perhaps?

Come on, dude...this ain't Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon here. It's not a giant leap to compare one group that hates over skin color and religion with another.

Ah, yes. You're a shining paragon of justice. That's why you started a thread to disparage the free media, defend white racism, and fabricated a worldview where Trump is a victim.
    No, I'm an asshole like everybody else. I started the thread mainly because Farrakhan has always chapped my ass, and I've felt his utter hatred toward whites and Jews has been glossed over by the media. And, with the media under attack [[which isn't anything new, by the way), I thought I'd point out there's a point to be made that the media does indeed skew some things.

But I think there's an easy way for the media to be strong during this tough time. They can make themselves bulletproof against claims of bias by...not being biased!

Trump is an idiot by saying the media is the enemy of the people, and that all the media lie all the time. Most of the time they get it right. But there are certain topics where there's no question in my mind they promote an agenda, and race is one of them. I'm citing one such example, because I think it's an issue that needs to be discussed. I think Farrakhan is a despicable person, and he's not treated as such by the media the way other hate-mongers are treated. Yeah, I don't like the guy. That's why I started this thread. Not Trump.

Fixing anything has to start with honesty, doesn't it? That makes me a bigot and a Trump guy? That's a giant leap, comrade. I think Trump is a dickhead. And regarding your shopworn claim that I'm a bigot: What have I said in this thread that's bigoted? I think the media skews certain topics, and I also think it's clear to a lot of people, given the polls. The media needs to be honest and realize there's a reason so many people don't trust them, and it's not all because of Trump. That's such a lazy way of thinking. People have been steadily losing trust in the media for years. There's a reason why.

I keep hearing the media screaming that our democracy relies on them pointing out hatred and bigotry wherever it rears its ugly head. And I completely agree. And here was a chance: A man who spewed vile hatred and bigotry to open his speech in Detroit. It was the very first words out of his mouth.

Can you honestly say in this case, the media did its job by exposing hatred and bigotry when it surfaced? In.the.first.words.of.the.goddamn.speech.

But you've got your narrative. My views make me a Trumpet, a bigot, I go hunting in my pickup truck, drinking beer and listening to Kid Rock. So go with it, I guess...

No, we're understanding you quite well. You're a bigot. The media [[generally speaking) tells the truth. You can't deal with this, so need to invent a false worldview that justifies your bizarre race victimization theory.
    The media, generally speaking, does tell the truth. But on issues of race, they skew things. You know another unrelated area where they skew things? When some moronic anchorperson smiles and says, "good news, the unemployment rate dropped XX percent," knowing damn well that just means folks stopped looking for jobs. In some areas, the media is full of shit. That doesn't mean I agree with the loudmouth in the White House, or that I hold a "race victimization theory."

Why...why in God's name do people like you always assume anyone who discusses race critically is a bigot? Is Larry Elder a bigot? How about Herman Cain? There are plenty of black commentators who have the same viewpoint on this issue as I do. Are they bigoted against themselves?

I'm willing to bet any amount of money you're a hardcore Trump supporter. You started a thread whining about "fake media" black people allegedly being racist against victimized whites, and the poor poor, President Trump. I have zero doubt you love the Trumpenfuhrer and his hateful message.
    Again, you've already made up your mind. But whether you believe me or not, if God held the money and let us settle the matter in heaven or hell, you'd lose that bet. I've always thought Trump was an egotistical moron, from way back when he owned the football team. The guy rubs me the wrong way, always has. I don't think he's literally Hitler, though. A lot of the things he's doing and proposing were done and proposed by previous administrations. Trump just has no diplomacy, proving once again that it's not what you say, it's how you say it. There's a YouTube video floating around that shows both Obama and Bill Clinton discussing how we need to stop illegal immigrants from coming into the country, because a lot of them perpetrate crimes and are a drain on the economy. But Trump is Trump, so people hate it coming from him. And I get it, because the guy seems like a major a-hole. But I do think people are taking the fear and hysteria too far. I remember them doing the same thing when Reagan came into office. They just didn't have Facebook then. If so, the Reagan stuff would've eclipsed all the "Who Shot JR" memes.

And...to put a finer line around the issue: I.never.mentioned.Trump. You did. This post isn't about Trump. It's about my dislike of Farrakhan, how the media gives him a free pass.

Hillary was 100% right. Many [[most?) Trump voters are deplorables. Many are racist.
    Well, of course they are! And many of Hilary voters have been filmed beating the crap out of people for simply wearing Trump hats. Also among voters on both sides [[most?) are folks who feel the person they held their noses and voted for will best help them and their families get through tough times. I don't have a problem if someone believes those who voted differently were mistaken...but what good does it do to disparage so many people because you don't like their choice of the lesser of two evils?

Keep that up, and Trump is guaranteed another term, because people on the fence who say they support Trump in any little thing will have folks pointing fingers in their faces saying "racist! Sexist! Ist-ist!" The Democrats used to at least pretend to be about The People. What the hell happened? [[And by the way, since you seem to be obsessed with my voting record, the last time I voted was during Bill Clinton's first term. I had lots of hope. Then I realized he was as full of shit as every other politician. But that was back when Dems pretended they cared about the average Joe, and I fell for it.

Decent people aren't going to give you a pass and will resist your agenda at every step. Deal with it. We're never going to accept you and your ilk destroying our country.
    My agenda is that the media should call out hatred and bigotry whenever they see it, period.

My agenda is, I would like to see people get over this stupid race thing and come together -- and the only way to do that is to be honest.

If someone's saying hateful things, the media should shine a light on it. And it bothers me there was no mention in the local media about the hate which spewed from Farrakhan in the very first words of his speech. If you think that makes me a terrible person, go with what makes you feel good, I guess.

Good day.
    Last edited by dookie joe; February-21-17 at 02:37 AM.

Now THIS is some revisionist history. Apparently this explains all the blonde Germans in the Congo; they were apparently brought as slaves prior to 1500, duh.
    I never said the Europeans didn't colonize much of the world in the last 500 years. I was disputing Farrakan's silly claim that Europeans have been terrorizing the world for 6,000 years. Reading [[carefully) is your friend!

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    If you were paying attention in civics class - you'll recall that hate speech is still protected speech in the US. By the Supreme Court - that's what makes America different from most countries.

We don't ban people we don't agree with - otherwise who determines what is "hate" speech?

Some universities and colleges have started to ban select speakers because they don't believe in a free exchange of ideas and actually turn into censorship wind tunnels.

Like Voltaire said - I may not agree with any of your views - but I will defend to my death your right to say them.

Regardless of how vile, fake, insensitive, oppressive or derogatory they may be.

Learn to think on your own. Stop letting other people telling you who should and shouldn't speak. If people come to hear him speak and not you - work on your delivery.
    Thank you. Exactly the point. I may not like what someone spouts but allowing the government to silence that person ultimately allows it to silence all of us. That said I am enjoying this discussion as it make us examine our values.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Thank you. Exactly the point. I may not like what someone spouts but allowing the government to silence that person ultimately allows it to silence all of us. That said I am enjoying this discussion as it make us examine our values.
    I'm still not understanding why this is even being discussed. Of course people shouldn't be stopped from spewing hatred. Who said otherwise? I just said, if it's crucial to democracy that journalists be fair and shine a light on hatred and bigotry, then if a hate monger in the very first sentence says an entire race of people is inherently evil, the stories should reflect that. Arguing free speech in this discussion would be akin to arguing whether helmet laws should be changed. Nobody that I'm aware of has even raised the issue of censorship. Unless it's the media's self-censorship when it comes to Farrakhan.

It's
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermod View Post
    I never said the Europeans didn't colonize much of the world in the last 500 years. I was disputing Farrakan's silly claim that Europeans have been terrorizing the world for 6,000 years. Reading [[carefully) is your friend!
    What a good move on Allah's part to bring whites into the world 6000 years ago so they were available to colonize America into a wondrous country for his followers eventually to be able to refugee themselves to from the shit holes they built. If they had colonized it it would be another shit hole that nobody ever wanted to go to that didn't pay any benefits to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by belleislerunner View Post
    Some universities and colleges have started to ban select speakers because they don't believe in a free exchange of ideas and actually turn into censorship wind tunnels.
    This is such a sad, yet comical, spin on reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdd View Post
    Just a question,... can you name anything [[policies for instance) from the Trump White House that is racists? I keep hearing that inferred by people,.. but no one has ever made a rational claim of why they think that.

Just curious.
    Absolutely. Much of it is explicit. Countless people have explained it clearly.

The problem is that you don't get it. A racist doesn't have to realize he's a racist to be a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post

A racist doesn't have to realize he's a racist to be a racist.
    Exactly, that's why it's a multi lane two way highway.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Absolutely. Much of it is explicit. Countless people have explained it clearly.

The problem is that you don't get it. A racist doesn't have to realize he's a racist to be a racist.
    So...no specific examples then?

So...no specific examples then?
    Thanks for proving my point, racist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2