Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Work underway on 100-unit Philip Houze in downtown Detroit

I hadn't seen this mentioned recently, but work underway in the shadow of Detroit City Apartments. 100 more apartments to come online in 2018. Anything to continue growth toward the sea of parking behind the Fox is nice. Plus the addition of the DTE park should start to prop up that area of the CBD.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...wntown-detroit

Name:  Brabat-Houze1.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  70.5 KB

WTF is "Houze". WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Reading on, it's because of a domain name issue. Then come up with a synonym. Manor, Tower, Apartments, Place, Flats, etc. "Houze" just looks stupid!

Be glad that this wasn't 10 years ago or else it would be "The Lofts @ Philip Houze Place"

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I hadn't seen this mentioned recently, but work underway in the shadow of Detroit City Apartments. 100 more apartments to come online in 2018. Anything to continue growth toward the sea of parking behind the Fox is nice. Plus the addition of the DTE park should start to prop up that area of the CBD.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...wntown-detroit
    what will be the market rate for these once finished?

Get a place on the 7th or 8th floor and you will have a great view of the DCA pool deck all summer long!

Whatever they can get for it a year from now. With downtown's rapid growth, I think it would be fool-hardy to even venture a guess. If the economy tanks, they could go for mid to upper hundreds per month. If we're still booming, it could be much more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    Whatever they can get for it a year from now. With downtown's rapid growth, I think it would be fool-hardy to even venture a guess. If the economy tanks, they could go for mid to upper hundreds per month. If we're still booming, it could be much more than that.
    if we are talking about costs a year from now, we might be to talking rubles, not dollars.

I noticed they were working on this building. I was hoping they would strip off the 60's metal sheathing to reveal the original building. I see from the renderings they're keeping it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Get a place on the 7th or 8th floor and you will have a great view of the DCA pool deck all summer long!
    Or get one on the 9th Floor and you can wave at us at the DetroitYES ‘World Headquarters’ in the Michigan Building.

As to the ‘why now finally’, Barbat has just finished, or very very nearly so, his Park Apartments on Adams and perhaps is ready to focus on a new project.

Also with across-the-street construction of the City Club Apartments on the Statler site getting ready to start any day now, they might want to get a jump on tenants in what may soon be a softening rental market with all the units coming on line.

Name:  Brabat-Houze1.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  70.5 KB

A load of dry wall arrives.

Name:  Brabat-Houze2.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  53.2 KB

Don't mind the exterior especially contrasted with the dark windows

A load of drywall? Seems kinda early for that doesn't it? I would imagine they would be gutting this place for a while then starting the build out.

A load of drywall? Seems kinda early for that doesn't it? I would imagine they would be gutting this place for a while then starting the build out.
    I suspect they are going to fully complete and furnish a model unit, and then work on catching the rest of the place up over the next year.

Does anyone know how many units of housing are in the CBD right now, and how many units are announced & underway?

Demolish downward then build downward? Makes sense in terms of dust and rubble and if intent on getting a building online as quickly as possible. MikeyinB's model build makes sense too. Maybe they can sell their view of Campus Martius before City Club blocks it.

They have gutted the building, there has been a garbage chute in the rear for a few months now, and I have seen workers going in and out for a similar amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Or get one on the 9th Floor and you can wave at us at the DetroitYES ‘World Headquarters’ in the Michigan Building.
    Name:  Brabat-Houze2.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  53.2 KB
    Haha, I'd like to come check out the DetroitYES HQ at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    Haha, I'd like to come check out the DetroitYES HQ at some point!
    One guy, in his underwear, in a room, with a computer. Welcome to DetroitYes corporate headquarters.

One guy, in his underwear, in a room, with a computer. Welcome to DetroitYes corporate headquarters.

Please refrain from posting any photos....
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-21-17 at 07:40 AM.