Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Unhealthiest City

For everone's perusal:

https://www.studyfinds.org/study-fin...thiest-cities/

Better get to the Veladrome.

I don't get too worked up by these dime a dozen clickbait lists. Creating a list with publicly available data is a classic SEO trick to drive some traffic.

Now, is Detroit a healthy city? Probably not. I mean we're famous for Coney's.

They take the time to look at all these factors but ignore one of the biggest - air pollution.

I don't know how their 'green space' ranking is calculated but I find it difficult to see how the top three out rank us.

As for food... well a city that glorifies the coney dog hmm.

whatever the results are, regardless of what their data is--

Detroits' neighborhoods need more workout centers. There's a new stationary cycling place that opened on Livernois just north of McNichols. https://www.detroitcyclingstudio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    They take the time to look at all these factors but ignore one of the biggest - air pollution.
    Thank Marathon
    48216 is the worst

[QUOTE=EGrant;521143]I don't get too worked up by these dime a dozen clickbait lists. Creating a list with publicly available data is a classic SEO trick to drive some traffic./QUOTE] Agreed.

While I agree on issue of nutrition and health care accessibility, this list is misguided as fug'.

You want unhealthy?-go to Boston. Wonderful, cultured old-timey Boston in the wealthy state of Massachusetts. The town was overrun with huge rats [[bigger than my boot)-rats that had the scabby [[all together sick and shabby) mutant feral cats worried. Every job I had involved coming across rat feces somewhere in the back store room [[or just feces in general-which gives new meaning to the term "sh*t job"-even the Marshall's I worked at involved turds.). The garbage in Boston [[especially Allsto)n was overflowing and stunk up the backs and sides of building horribly. Boston is an old, evil town that is horribly overcrowded, and if anyone doubts, check out the opaque, shiny, translucent green water on the shores of East Boston. I got a viral infection for every two months I was in Boston, and this doesn't include maladies I never would ever in my dreams have ever imagined I would acquire from being on the road [[like an UGI blockage or a kidney stone).

We also have nowhere near the lead content as say a town bordering the Mississippi River [[like Dubuque or Galena).

[QUOTE=G-DDT;521156]
    Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post

You want unhealthy?-go to Boston. ... Boston is an old, evil town that is horribly overcrowded, and if anyone doubts, check out the opaque, shiny, translucent green water on the shores of East Boston. .........

Better watch out ther G-DDT. Sounds like you are promoting Sprawl!
    Next there will be a call for mass transit!

HaHaHa... couldn't resist.

Back on subject, More bike paths and green areas are a good thing. Our weather sucks for year round riding. That stationary bike riding studio Hypstyles mentioned sounds like a good alternative.

I used to ride my bike in Rouge Park on the weekends. Weeknights I would run through my neighborhood in Redford. Saw some interesting sights in the park and adjoining neighborhood at 2am!

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post

Now, is Detroit a healthy city? Probably not. I mean we're famous for Coney's.
    Coney Islands = Greasy Spoons