Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ItsJeff's Mom [[Nancy Heider)

It is with great sadness that I report the passing of ItsJeff's Mom, a supporter of this site and friend to some of you here. She passed away peacefully this morning after complications from a fall at her home. I will post memorial details after they are made. Unfortunately her cell phone is not accessible and so we are unable to get many of her regular contacts, so if you found out this way and you were close to her, please accept the family's apologies.

BBB

I wish Ms. Heider's family the best during a difficult time.

I offer my condolences to her friends and family.

Sending warm thoughts to Nancy's family. She was a very gracious person and mother who was very touched by the DetroitYES community's creating a memorial for her son and our great member ItsJeff.

Thanks, BillyBBrew, for posting.

Dave and I send our deepest sympathies to Nancy's family. We thought about her throughout the years, wondering how she was doing, and earlier this year as we remembered ItsJeff on the 10th anniversary of his passing.

Old friends, good times....never forgotten!!

i was a lurker for years and it was a story on WDET about ItsJeff memorial that prompted me to register on DYES.

The story was touching about the impact ItsJeff had on a diverse community of folks. IIRC, ItsJeff's mom was interviewed as part on the story. She mentioned how comforted she was by the love shown to her by countless people with on-line handles not names.

The old-timers here should know that you did good. You made a difference.

RIP, ItsJeff's Mom.

Condolences to the family.

For those unfamiliar, from his memorial rock:
    http://DETROITYES.COM/ITSJEFF

RIP Ms Heider..... sad day.

Lowell [[or anyone)... I've not been to the bench in at least 3 years... when a friend and I cleared away fallen debris from a nearby tree. How is it holding out today? Will it need to be re-stained?

Here is the obituary and service information for ItsJeff's Mom. If you are planning to attend the service and luncheon, please make a note here so the family will have an idea for food preparation. The family is following this thread and greatly appreciates all that the people of this forum have done for the family through the years. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/the...&pid=185792882

The bench is broken and unusable. It looks like the frame may have been hit by the lawn mowers. It needs to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    RIP Ms Heider..... sad day.

Lowell [[or anyone)... I've not been to the bench in at least 3 years... when a friend and I cleared away fallen debris from a nearby tree. How is it holding out today? Will it need to be re-stained?