Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default I Really Like Warren Evans

I watched his news conference today. He is well informed, even keeled, and working with taxpayers' best interests at heart. While I fully 100% support the Gilbert/Gores plan for the Fail Jail site, he is being responsible by keeping his options open, and maintaining 2 over-riding goals: keeping taxpayer costs at a minimum and making sure Wayne County has good criminal justice facilities going forward. He is honest and seems an able administrator. If only he had been elected instead of Ficano we wouldn't be in this mess at all!

I just wanted to start the week with a positive thread, and show that even a crazy right-winger such as myself can appreciate a good, honest, efficient Democrat when I see one. Warren Evans is a fine public servant.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I watched his news conference today. He is well informed, even keeled, and working with taxpayers' best interests at heart. While I fully 100% support the Gilbert/Gores plan for the Fail Jail site, he is being responsible by keeping his options open, and maintaining 2 over-riding goals: keeping taxpayer costs at a minimum and making sure Wayne County has good criminal justice facilities going forward. He is honest and seems an able administrator. If only he had been elected instead of Ficano we wouldn't be in this mess at all!

I just wanted to start the week with a positive thread, and show that even a crazy right-winger such as myself can appreciate a good, honest, efficient Democrat when I see one. Warren Evans is a fine public servant.
    It does appear that both sides are prepared to enter into serious, fair discussions for the benefit of each side.

I'm not sure most commercial deals meet that high bar for mutual fairness of win-win.
    Last edited by emu steve; February-13-17 at 04:22 PM.

Agreed. He has turned out to be thoughtful and dignified.

He used to seem a little too much "moth like" to me. When the TV lights were on he would appear. That seems to be toned down lately though.

Yeah, Warren Evans is great .... when he's not having sex with subordinates, and then giving them cushy jobs for which others are better-qualified...or handing his brother Blair Evans lucrative no-bid contracts.

But he speaks so well!

dookie joe, don't hold back. If you have any opinions on Warren Evans, share them!

If there is proof of illegality or wrongdoing in Mr. Evan's past [[I am aware of the rumors) they should get a fair hearing. My post had to with how he is handling his job as county exec, which appears to be competent and honest. And he seems to deliberately try to keep things transparent, about the jail and everything else.
    Last edited by MikeyinBrooklyn; February-14-17 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dookie joe View Post
    Yeah, Warren Evans is great .... when he's not having sex with subordinates, and then giving them cushy jobs for which others are better-qualified...or handing his brother Blair Evans lucrative no-bid contracts.

But he speaks so well!

If these allegations are true or not, it's no different than Ficano, who signed off on big pension payouts to some former workers in his administration, Some of them retired before they were 50 yrs old, with 6 digit pensions. Then, there was that big payout to former Airport CEO, Turkia Mullin. So, what's your point?

He's a great professor as well.

I had low expectations for him as county exec, based on his history of philandering and what not, but he does seem to have turned out to be a surprisingly decent exec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    If these allegations are true or not, it's no different than Ficano, who signed off on big pension payouts to some former workers in his administration, Some of them retired before they were 50 yrs old, with 6 digit pensions. Then, there was that big payout to former Airport CEO, Turkia Mullin. So, what's your point?

My point is: he's a cronyism politician just like the rest of them. No matter how well he speaks.

dookie joe, don't hold back. If you have any opinions on Warren Evans, share them!

If there is proof of illegality or wrongdoing in Mr. Evan's past [[I am aware of the rumors) they should get a fair hearing. My post had to with how he is handling his job as county exec, which appears to be competent and honest. And he seems to deliberately try to keep things transparent, about the jail and everything else.
    Yeah, I'm sure he's turned over a new leaf and stopped hooking up his friends and family. Or maybe he hasn't been caught yet.

I guess leopards sometimes change their spots. Right?

And there's plenty of proof about his no-bid contracts to his brother. Do a google search for "Warren Evans" "Blair Evans" and "contract."

Yeah, I'm sure he's turned over a new leaf and stopped hooking up his friends and family. Or maybe he hasn't been caught yet.

I guess leopards sometimes change their spots. Right?

And there's plenty of proof about his no-bid contracts to his brother. Do a google search for "Warren Evans" "Blair Evans" and "contract."
    Blair Evans ran the successful Catherine Ferguson Academy into the ground as a charter contractor. That pretty much ruins him in my eyes. Maybe Blair should write a book called, "How I Took a Successful Detroit School with Child Care and a 100 Percent Graduation Rate and Turned it into a Vacant Property."

But he speaks so well!
    +1. Check out Evans Solutions, which has/had the contract for the phones in the WCJ. BTW, whatever happened to MoPat? Is she still on the job?

Quote Originally Posted by ct_alum View Post
    +1. Check out Evans Solutions, which has/had the contract for the phones in the WCJ. BTW, whatever happened to MoPat? Is she still on the job?
    No MoPat...

My point is: he's a cronyism politician just like the rest of them. No matter how well he speaks.
    You didn't point out any other politician but him, specifically. Where's the rest of them? Evans has done a good job up to this point, and took advantage of a opportunity to redeem himself, so I could careless about what he did in the past.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; February-17-17 at 04:59 PM.