Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default One of the New QLINE Streetcars Vandalized...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/q...police-acronym

Two steps forward, one step back...

LOL Welp, this is why we can't have nice things.

I'm sure they'll power-wash it [[or whatever you do to remove graffiti) and move on. Also I've never been to a city with more graffiti on transit than Montreal. Graffiti plastered all in their blue metro cars. This isn't reflective on Detroit, just the way things are sometimes.

And graffiti isn't going to make it not work, so not sure we need to be that dramatic about it...
    Last edited by dtowncitylover; February-13-17 at 11:39 AM.

Whoever is guarding the Q-Line Streetcar should be ashamed of leaving unsecured. Even through Detroit is getting better. There will anti-gentrification folks want to tear our neighborhoods [[ ghetto hoods down). When you have brand new development in Detroit and anywhere else, Make sure its secured.

As for the right now the Q-Line Street Car will be up and running by late April or Early May.

NOTHING STOPS DETROIT!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if someone steals a streetcar. It's just the way things are unfortunately.

The storage/parking area behind the Penkse Cener seemed secure...got to believe there is camera footage of the vandals...smart for them to "co comment" at this point.

Big effin' deal. Private homes and buildings were spray painted for years in Detroit and no one did anything.

The storage/parking area behind the Penkse Cener seemed secure...got to believe there is camera footage of the vandals...smart for them to "co comment" at this point.

I think people who do illicit & illegal graffiti [[I think in the right situations graffiti can be nice) should have a miniature of what they did tattooed on their face.

Another reason for people to make fun. Unfortunately its going to happen. Vandalism is sensless and personal. That's why people get pissed. Brand new car and someone wanted to be the first. I think they should make them clean it off with their fingernails.

Biggest graffiti tag hit since Turtle. Betcha he / they get caught. Hope they do soon. No message, no art, just 'look at me'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Biggest graffiti tag hit since Turtle. Betcha he / they get caught. Hope they do soon. No message, no art, just 'look at me'.
    Spot on. For Christ's sake, kids, if you're going to tag, at least show some pride in your effin work.

Except for railway freight cars, I think Detroit has more disgusting grafitti than any place else in the world. [[By the way....have you ever seen the interiors of the Egyptian pyramids? Grafitti hundreds of years old!)

Where are all the graffiti lovers now?

Funny thing is Detroit has finally come back enough that it has graffiti writers. Seriously this is a sign of life in the city, not death. NYC, Montreal, San Fran, Paris, London, Berlin. We used to have turtle as our number #1 as Lowell said lol.

I think graffiti can sometimes look cool, sometimes not. What I really object to are 2 things: "tagging" a.k.a. defacing someone else's property. Also, buildings and bridges and mass transit are someone else's piece of art. Ask any designer or artisan who worked on anything, and they will probably have some pride in their own work, and the skills, talent and hard work that went into it. Someone builds and paints something, that is their work and their intent. It's so self-centered to deem your "art" more worthy than theirs. I don't really have a problem with non-profane graffiti in designated areas. I think cement underpasses, commercial building walls with owner consent, or abandoned anything being doctored up by local artists is okay. I realize that "approved" graffiti spaces seem to thwart the "rebel" nature of the graffiti artist [[and I think it is often much more about the bad boy attitude than the art). But I do not recognize anyone's right- such a right is a fiction- to vandalize or mar anyone else's private property or the taxpayer's property without proper consent.

Yea, it happens everywhere, but seriously man, we can't have anything nice here can we? The damn thing isn't even moving yet and it already got tagged. I'm sure someone will be scrapping the overhead wire pretty soon too.

more commissioned murals are needed throughout the city.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    LOL Welp, this is why we can't have nice things.

I'm sure they'll power-wash it [[or whatever you do to remove graffiti) and move on. Also I've never been to a city with more graffiti on transit than Montreal. Graffiti plastered all in their blue metro cars. This isn't reflective on Detroit, just the way things are sometimes.

And graffiti isn't going to make it not work, so not sure we need to be that dramatic about it...
    Yes, it doesn't help when cops and firefighters put stickers on their vehicles either. For a couple of years now, both departments plastered their cars and trucks with stickers protesting pension cutbacks, and police have been wearing camo pants in protest.

I hate graffiti even when it is well done if the tagger doesn't have approval from the owner of property. We have new subway trains now and they look great. I am hoping that not much happens to them in the future.

Further disgusting revelation from Deadline Detroit...

ACAB = All Cops Are Bastards

Large black and gray letters saying "ACAB," an anti-police slogan, are painted across two cars are seen in a photo posted Monday morning on Facebook by Mickey McCanham of Commerce Township. The letters stand for All Cops Are Bastards.

The tagger or taggers apparently scaled a seven-foot fence at the Penske Center rail yard.

This whole thing is why in general I dislike tagging and graffiti. It's hard to control or determine where it is best applied. Hard to vet, yeah.

I never was one so no conflict for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    Where are all the graffiti lovers now?