Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Comedy Central Offers Free Beer on Premier Night of "Detroiters"

From their Website...

Hope you’re thirsty, Detroit. We’re celebrating the launch of our new series Detroiters by toasting the city with a happy hour celebration on premiere night.

The show owes a lot to its namesake: In addition to being shot on location in Detroit, both co-stars and creators [[Tim Robinson and Sam Richardson) are natives of The D.

And so as a thank you to the Motor City, Comedy Central will buy a round of beer at select Detroit bars on Tuesday, February 7, during the airing of the premiere episode. See Promotion Terms for participating locations and full details.

WHERE TO GO

Anchor Bar
    450 W Fort St.
    Detroit, MI

Bronx Bar
    4476 2nd Ave.
    Detroit, MI

Bumbos Bar
    3001 Holbrook St.
    Hamtramck, MI

Checker Bar & Grill
    124 Cadillac Sq.
    Detroit, MI

Donovans Pub
    3003 W Vernor Hwy
    Detroit, MI

El Club
    4114 W Vernor Hwy
    Detroit, MI

Garden Bowl
    4138 Woodward Ave.
    Detroit, MI

Green Dot Stables
    2200 W Lafayette Blvd
    Detroit, MI

Harry's Detroit
    2482 Clifford St.
    Detroit, MI

Honest Johns
    488 Selden St.
    Detroit, MI

Jumbos Bar
    3736 3rd St.
    Detroit, MI

Kelly's Bar
    2403 Holbrook St.
    Hamtramck, MI

Marble Bar
    1501 Holden St
    Detroit, MI

Nancy Whiskey
    2644 Harrison St.
    Detroit, MI

Nemo’s Bar
    1384 Michigan Ave.
    Detroit, MI

Northern Lights Lounge
    660 W Baltimore St.
    Detroit, MI

Old Miami Bar
    3930 Cass Ave
    Detroit, MI

Painted Lady
    2930 Jacob St.
    Hamtramck, MI

PJ's Lager House
    1254 Michigan Ave.
    Detroit, MI

Punch Bowl Social
    1331 Broadway St.
    Detroit, MI

Queens Bar
    35 Grand River Ave.
    Detroit, MI

The Baltimore
    1234 Randolph St.
    Detroit, MI

The Old Shillelagh
    349 Monroe St.
    Detroit, MI

Ye Olde Tap Room
    14915 Charlevoix St.
    Detroit, MI

Dang! I have nothing going on but Stewie and Brian are using the time machine tonight again...

They'll need to keep bribing people to watch if they hope to stay on the air. I barely cracked a smile during the first episode.
    Maybe I'm just too old to understand "today's humor" because the critics seemed to like it.

I don't predict it will be around for long. Just wasn't that funny, and when they started trying to break the glass in the office I knew that they were thin on material. Love the local angle, but they better get some higher grade writing stat if it is going to survive.

Detroit isn't as sexy as most would like it to be. "Martin" must be a real hard act to follow.

The critics and some people around me seemed to like it. Even my baby boomer father...I didn't watch it, but hope to catch it soon.

I like the show. It shows the city without selling the cities comeback.

how humorous is the show? How deep are the Detroit references?

Really not funny at all. The idea that these guys are so childish they can't stop goofing off right after getting the opportunity to pitch Chrysler was way over the top. The breaking the glass scene and the basketball scene dragged on way past the couple of seconds of humor in the spot. Senility of the aged secretary is not something many find funny any more either and again they went back to the same joke more than once. I won't watch again and if it was even mediocre I would have returned for the Detroit references and scenes.

The show was pretty funny for a pilot episode. Most comedy pilot episodes are dreadfully bad and non-representative of the actual show. But I'd say this one shows a lot of promise. I'll definitely keep watching.