Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Kim Weston's career as a disc jockey for Honey Radio WHND AM56

The legendary Kim Weston was a radio personality for WCHB and later for Honey Radio WHND AM56. I am trying to determine what time span she worked for WHND. I believe it was in the early 1990's as the station ceased operation 11/24/1995.

Can anyone shed any light on what time span she worked for WHND?

If memory serves, the last couple years it was on the air as a full-time oldies station Honey Radio was mostly satellite fed. I think a couple of local DJs, Fred "Boogie" Brian and Richard D. Haase, held three or four hours each a day. I used to listen to WHND quite a bit in the mid to late 80s, but I don't remember hearing Kim Weston.

Anybody here know Arthur R. Vuolo? If anyone would know anything about Detrout radio, he'd be the one.

Quote Originally Posted by EstateSale View Post
    but I don't remember hearing Kim Weston.
    Me neither.

Now Lynn Woodison or Rosetta Hines may be 'legendary'.

From April 11, 1993 Detroit Free Press about Miss Kim's show. It only lasted 2 months because she was going to have a syndicated variety show on TV to be taped in Detroit. Oh, and she's legendary, all right.

Name:  Kim Weston.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  55.8 KB

Then, from March 17, 1994, same newspaper:

Name:  Kim Weston 2 - Detroit_Free_Press_Thu__Mar_17__1994_.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.0 KB

Unbe-freaking-lieveable!
    Last edited by kathy2trips; February-08-17 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kathy2trips View Post
    From April 11, 1993 Detroit Free Press about Miss Kim's show. It only lasted 2 months because she was going to have a syndicated variety show on TV to be taped in Detroit. Oh, and she's legendary, all right.

Name:  Kim Weston.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  55.8 KB

Then, from March 17, 1994, same newspaper:

Name:  Kim Weston 2 - Detroit_Free_Press_Thu__Mar_17__1994_.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  96.0 KB

Unbe-freaking-lieveable!

​Thank you very very much for this important information. I have been trying unsuccessfully for two weeks to get a time frame for her show on Honey Radio. You hit the nail on the head. Thank you very very much.

You're most welcome, William. I was happy to do it.