Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Brett Favre a Viking

Why Brett? After watching Brett Favre beat on the Lions like a meringue for what seems like 40 years, are you excited to see him back in the black and blue division?
    Last edited by rajdet; August-18-09 at 08:55 PM.

The over the hill, who cares news of the week. He'll retire again this year, then realize he hasn't been getting enough attention lately, and make yet another comeback.

As much as I respected and hated Favre for beating us so many times, I can only imagine what it must be like to be a diehard Green Bay fan today. He should've retired a Packer and taken that legacy with him. Instead he played them, used them and the way he left to play for the Jets last year- he abused them! And now to play within the division? Ouch.

This would be akin to Steve Yzerman coming out of retirement and playing for the Colorado Avalanche.

There comes a time to call it a career. Brett has passed that point. His arm is still there, but his legs will do him in during this stint with the Vikes.

That makes for two very interesting quarterback stories this year; Michael Vick and Brett Favre. Will be interesting to see what develops.

Brett did very well last year with the Jets until he tore his biceps tendon. After that, not so much. I understand his wanting to compete, & who are we to get in his way? Still, while I’ll watch his play with interest, I can never, ever root for the Vi-Queens.

Favre appears to be surrounded by a very good cast which should take some of the pressure off of him.

It looked easy for Favre last night. No interceptions either.

4-0 for 40 year old is pretty darn good. If the Lions were 4-0 the delirium around here would result in grown men choosing to wet themselves in fear of missing a play.

I have to hand it to the Vikings. They took a gamble and it's paying off. It was a ballsy move, one which the Front Office took a flamethrower's worth of heat for, but results are results.

273 straight starts. More then any other quarterback in the history of the NFL and just behind another Viking, Jim Marshall, for the most starts of any player - excluding the kicker Morton Anderson.

That is impressive. Now, if he lasts another 6 years he can knock George Blanda out as the longest playing gridiron hero.

He is also the first QB to beat all 32 NFL teams....

Default grandfather Favre

here's the latest [[like we really get excited), BrettFavre's daughter has made him a granddad. at 41, he's the ONLY player in the NFL to have attained such a paternal status.