Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default News, Info and Response to Trumps Policies re. borders, immigration, etc.

Well ok, president Trump is not wasting time with his policies/ measures re. borders, immigration and vetting therein!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/28/politi...ban/index.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...fugee-program/

Trump's immigration ban derailed: Federal court grants emergency stay temporarily HALTING deportation of visa holders detained at US airports after nationwide protests

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ban-order.html
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-29-17 at 06:53 AM.

Trump is doing a great job so far. Let's pray he goes further.

#Tremendous

Has it been a week? Hide all the ink pens! Though I thought former president Obama may have taken all the executive order pens he used with him.

Seriously though, no president can run off executive orders full out, unopposed. There are unintended consequences as we are seeing and will see.

The rift with Mexico is going to be hard to put back into the box for example.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-29-17 at 10:01 AM.

Out of 320,000 that came to the us since the ban 109 have been detained for further vetting.

The list of countries that are included in the ban was compiled by the Obama administration and identified as potential problems.

The wall with Mexico weather physical or not is not targeting Mexicans specifically,come from any country in the world and pay a smuggler who pays off border control in Mexico and they will bring you into the US.

If I have a felony of any kind I cannot visit Canada,but yet this action is criticized when this country follows the laws on the books regarding immigration.

If you are caught coming illegally across the southern Mexican border into Mexico,without the payoffs,and are a female child or woman you will be raped,beaten,jailed then sent back,the males just beaten then jailed before being sent back. 5 years prison,no trials.

Where is the human rights compassion there?

The system has been broken for a long time and it is time to fix it.

Saw this link on another site. Has more detailed info. on policies under Obama vs. Trump.

https://sethfrantzman.com/2017/01/28...wont-tell-you/

What? So there was a Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 two years before Trump? There was a kind of “Muslim ban” before the Muslim ban? But almost no one critiqued it in 2015 because it was Obama’s administration overseeing it.
    So for more than a year it has been US policy to discriminate against, target and even begin to ban people from the seven countries that Trump is accused of banning immigrants and visitors from. CNN even hinted at this by noting “those countries were named in a 2016 law concerning immigration visas as ‘countries of concern.'” But why didn’t CNN note that the seven countries were not named and that in fact they are only on the list because of Obama’s policy?
    Last edited by Pam; January-29-17 at 10:27 AM.

So much for draining da swamp. Nobody touches on our beloved Saudi Arabia.

^^^ "Saudia Arabia" who also refuses to take any refugees.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-30-17 at 06:46 AM.

Today's Sunday, and it set me thinking while I was at church....

It will be interesting to learn eventually how many "benefit refugees" from North Africa and South America are let into Heaven or [[Hannah). After all Heaven has got a Wall, with a Gate for admittance and Gabriel does the extreme vetting - and he answers to God who doesn't even hold an elected office; but of course there aren't any democrats so who cares? [[Wonder how many Mexians are in Heaven and are they all legal?).

It's sorta what we'd like to do here on Earth if it wasn't for democrats wanting to let everybody in from everywhere to vote for them - screw what Americans want.

I'm not too anxious to find out yet, but it does pose the question, will Gabriel do a fairer and better job than our State Department?

Oops, I missed the "Amen". sorry Gabriel!
    Last edited by coracle; February-12-17 at 11:26 AM.

Ice sculpture - Japan

Name:  Trump.jpg
Views: 749
Size:  17.3 KB

↑ What's he holding? Oh.
    TOPSHOT - Visitors take pictures of the snow statue of US President Donald Trump gesturing Pikotaro's PPAP [[Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen) during the Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo on Feburary 10, 2017. The week-long snow festival started on February 6. / AFP / TOSHIFUMI

Less tweeting and more exercise

Name:  C4eu4qeXAAAZ6TB.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  100.6 KB

I was certain that the ridiculously biased media coverage prior to November's election couldn't be topped, but I was wrong. Since January major media outlets have totally abandoned any resemblance to impartiality in their reporting of the Trump Administration, especially those actions related to immigration. It's turned into a 24/7, non-stop concerted effort to discredit his actions by any means necessary. From top of page articles about how his daughter's shoes aren't selling or misspelled tweets to repeating stories about the deportation of illegal immigrants [[I can't recall seeing this many articles about deportations the entire 8 years of the Obama presidency when he supposedly forced 2.6 million of them to return home).
    Last edited by Johnnny5; February-12-17 at 05:57 PM.

Flynn resigns. Whew!

Weird spike in illegal crossings at the Canada US border in the past weeks. The French version of this story by Canadian Press writers also mentioned that the border agents and RCMP were catching people almost daily.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/rcmp...er-into-quebec

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/na...ion_ECRAN1POS1
    Last edited by canuck; February-14-17 at 06:33 PM.

So now Trump tweets that the Flynn scandal is completely made up and tries to turn the story to the leakers. No investigation about Flynn, just the leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    So now Trump tweets that the Flynn scandal is completely made up and tries to turn the story to the leakers. No investigation about Flynn, just the leaks.
    Don't know what part is made up. Don't see anything that is scandalous.
    So he talked to a Russian ambassador. Big deal.

Now HRC while secretary of state allowed a Russian company to buy a U.S. Uranium mine and coincidentally the Clinton foundation got a multi-million dollar donation. Hmmn pay to play like here in the Motor City under the Kwame administration. Where was the press then???

Now what is worrisome is that appointed people, [[read non elected) in the intelligence agency are leaking data to the press who is running with the story which is against the law and people don't seem to care that this is happening. This is like a coup.

I think Trump pleaded with the combined Intelligence agencies to mount the evidence against Error Flynn, the swashbuckler in charge of Defense. Short of heavy meds, not much could help his delusional nominee, save a kick in the Rump.

Nothing personal, I kind of like Flynn's comic ability; he made dr Strangelove look like a hyper realistic character.
    Last edited by canuck; February-16-17 at 09:33 PM.

Dennis Kucinich seems to be more worried about a coup than about Trump.

CivilWar2 Kucinich Pins Flynn Leak on Intel Community
    2/14/17

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Don't know what part is made up. Don't see anything that is scandalous.
    So he talked to a Russian ambassador. Big deal.

Now HRC while secretary of state allowed a Russian company to buy a U.S. Uranium mine and coincidentally the Clinton foundation got a multi-million dollar donation. Hmmn pay to play like here in the Motor City under the Kwame administration. Where was the press then???

Now what is worrisome is that appointed people, [[read non elected) in the intelligence agency are leaking data to the press who is running with the story which is against the law and people don't seem to care that this is happening. This is like a coup.
    http://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/...as-kingslayer/

With members of the CIA and NSA leaking materials on Michael Flynn’s communications with Russian officials, we are witnessing a slow boiling domestic coup that will transform American governance and the Executive Branch’s relationships with intelligence agencies. It remains to be seen whether these moves signal broader attacks on the Presidency by agencies long accustomed to taking out administrations threatening the Agency’s perceived interests.

John Oliver - Sweden and Undercovered Stories

"... you look at what's happening last night in Sweden," [Trump] said.
    "Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden...."

Is he probing for the most preposterous "fake news" that someone — anyone — would believe? Why?

When you are working secretly to undermine the actions of the US govt, that is a big deal.

Let's see if this one will clear out-of-control judges and the 9th Circus.

And then return to their original country ASAP or sooner when it's no longer at war with anybody.
    Last edited by coracle; February-20-17 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    John Oliver - Sweden and Undercovered Stories

"... you look at what's happening last night in Sweden," [Trump] said.
    "Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden...."

Is he probing for the most preposterous "fake news" that someone — anyone — would believe? Why?
    http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/poli...t-stenkastare/
    Trump jumped the gun. He should have said "next Monday" instead.
    Meanwhile, Rioting Breaks Out In Sweden

edited to add: For days, the media went on about Trump incorrectly saying something had happened in Sweden on Friday. Initially, it was reported that trump had claimed a "terror attack" had occurred when, in fact, he never said a terror attack occurred that Friday. Yet when cars are being burned, stones are thrown at police, and the police withdrew making fools of Trumps detractors within days of Trump's otherwise correct comments, the news is silent. Censored news is as bad as fake news. I just did a Google search and the story, largely vindicating Trump, wasn't covered by CNN and fake comedians playing to smug arrogant audiences didn't do routines about it.
    Last edited by oladub; February-21-17 at 08:35 AM.

Or maybe he was referring to what has been going on already but nobody was paying attention.

They started back in 2013 and played out for weeks at a time.

Here is just one example.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/05/25/sweden-riots-violence/2360211/

But until reality affects someone personally,it is not happening and when it does it is usually to late.They are not driven by compassion,you will bow to their beliefs or die,it is that simple and anybody that doubts that needs to hop on a plane and experience the harsh realities of that life.

How many compassionate Americans are ready to strap a bomb to their 9 year old daughter and send her into a police station or mall to blow it up in the name of their god.
    Last edited by Richard; February-20-17 at 11:12 PM.

wow, I have never had any love for Trump, always thought of him as a parody and a fool... and this was well before he slapped an R next to his name. So my disdain for him is not partisan driven. However, I am amazed by how many people drink his kool-aid. This country is filled with people making excuses for him and filling his thoughts to align with their ideology. Perhaps is party driven? I do not know.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast