Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Visits Syria

One of the few Dems in Congress who supported Bernie Sanders, she recently went on a fact finding mission to Syria.

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2017/01...-in-syria-now/

“My visit to Syria has made it abundantly clear: Our counterproductive regime change war does not serve America’s interest, and it certainly isn’t in the interest of the Syrian people.
    “As I visited with people from across the country, and heard heartbreaking stories of how this war has devastated their lives, I was asked, ‘Why is the United States and its allies helping al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups try to take over Syria? Syria did not attack the United States. Al-Qaeda did.’ I had no answer.
    Interview with CNN tool Jake Tapper:

https://youtu.be/8LRZlfInXNs

Another interview clip:

https://youtu.be/vSRGo-WCemA

The more the establishment tries to smear Tulsi Gabbard the more I admire her. I hope she runs in 2020 or is Bernie's running mate if he runs again.

She needs to go visit Saudi Arabia to get to the root of the problem,they are the ones funding everything including the Turkey coup.

But she already knows that.

The Taliban had bin laden in their scope sites long before, but were told to stand down because he was standing next to a Saudi prince when they came off of the plane.
    Last edited by Richard; January-29-17 at 10:19 AM.

She's *against* a proxy war with Russia in Syria? She isn't long for the Democratic party...

Rep. Gabbard discusses Trump's attack on Syria:

https://youtu.be/2cduat02QyI

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Rep. Gabbard discusses Trump's attack on Syria:
    https://youtu.be/2cduat02QyI
    A more apropos title would have been: "Rep. Gabbard Jumps On Trump Bashing Bandwagon And Attempts To Gain Veteran Support".
    I bet Assad gave her a nice bracelet after her visit.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-10-17 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    A more apropos title would have been: "Rep. Gabbard Jumps On Trump Bashing Bandwagon And Attempts To Gain Veteran Support".
    I bet Assad gave her a nice bracelet after her visit.
    You really think America should be trying to overthrow foreign governments? I don't. I'm sick of all this shit. There's never any money to fix America, but there's always billions for bombing other countries.

You really think America should be trying to overthrow foreign governments? I don't. I'm sick of all this shit. There's never any money to fix America, but there's always billions for bombing other countries.
    I'm sick of pretty politicians playing favorites and manipulating opinion. If Mrs. Clinton bombed the airbase 7 ways till Sunday, her interview would be a tear shedding remorse for the poor children Assad killed.

I'm sick of pretty politicians playing favorites and manipulating opinion. If Mrs. Clinton bombed the airbase 7 ways till Sunday, her interview would be a tear shedding remorse for the poor children Assad killed.
    I think Gabbard is one of the few telling the truth and not trying to manipulate opinion. What did she say that was wrong? Trump needs the approval of congress- true. The UN needs to investigate- also true. We shouldn't be involved in regime change- true again. We've made things worse in other countries we've meddled in- more truth.

Mainstream Democrats like Howard Dean have been attacking her and supporting Trump on this so she's not following the party line.

I think Gabbard is one of the few telling the truth and not trying to manipulate opinion. What did she say that was wrong? Trump needs the approval of congress- true. The UN needs to investigate- also true. We shouldn't be involved in regime change- true again. We've made things worse in other countries we've meddled in- more truth.

Mainstream Democrats like Howard Dean have been attacking her and supporting Trump on this so she's not following the party line.
    Did Obama have prior Congressional approval when we flew into a foreign country and took out Bin Laden? I still remember George Bush getting on the tube and giving a mile by mile report as to where we were, what time we'd get there, and what we were going to do. I also remember thinking to myself, "WTF? why doesn't he just send the Iraqi's a meeting notice?" Her "discussion" was as empty as it gets. She keeps repeating the same line over and over, "Trump sucks". Typical Washington Bureaucrat, "Let's form a committee, to make a study, to have a meeting, to discuss a solution", etc., etc. Assad must have left quite an impression on her.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; April-10-17 at 10:59 AM.

Did Obama have prior Congressional approval when we flew into a foreign country and took out Bin Laden? I still remember George Bush getting on the tube and giving a mile by mile report as to where we were, what time we'd get there, and what we were going to do. I also remember thinking to myself, "WTF? why doesn't he just send the Iraqi's a meeting notice?" Her "discussion" was as empty as it gets. She keeps repeating the same line over and over, "Trump sucks". Typical Washington Bureaucrat, "Let's form a committee, to make a study, to have a meeting, to discuss a solution", etc., etc. Assad must have left quite an impression on her.
    No, she's been consistent on this issue. She supported Sanders in the primary and one of the reasons was she didn't like Hillary's foreign policies.

“The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria - big mistake if he does not!” -Donald Trump 2013

Agreed. Gabbard handled those questions well. Trump campaigned on less interventionism but he just took W. Bush/Obama/SOS Clinton foreign policy a step further in the wrong direction. Already we are seeing Chinese troops lining up at the Korean border and Russian threats and provocations... and for what, nine Syrian planes? We don't even know if Assad is guilty. If he was, it isn't our business. Trump had positioned himself to advance detente but that will be difficult to do now. My favorite Republicans, Paul, Massie, and Amash, also bolted their own party's leadership for the same reasons as Gabbard. I wonder if Trump reversed himself because one of the intelligence agencies actually does have something on him.
    Last edited by oladub; April-10-17 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    “The President must get Congressional approval before attacking Syria - big mistake if he does not!” -Donald Trump 2013

Agreed. Gabbard handled those questions well. Trump campaigned on less interventionism but he just took W. Bush/Obama/SOS Clinton foreign policy a step further in the wrong direction. Already we are seeing Chinese troops lining up at the Korean border and Russian threats and provocations... and for what, nine Syrian planes? We don't even know if Assad is guilty. If he was, it isn't our business. Trump had positioned himself to advance detente but that will be difficult to do now. My favorite Republicans, Paul, Massie, and Amash, also bolted their own party's leadership for the same reasons as Gabbard. I wonder if Trump reversed himself because one of the intelligence agencies actually does have something on him.
    Rand Paul was on point here:

https://youtu.be/yywInoayou8