Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Paging Ray1936 or especially Mrs Ray

Found a wonderful gift idea for Ray today. Details to remain hush-hush in case someone wants to surprise him with it.

Oooops....haven't been on this side in awhile. So do tell????????

Since I just bought myself a present today [[Photoshop for Dummies), I'm ready for another......

Photoshop for Dummies
    This looks like fun: The Squirrel Crasher.

Default Squirrelized

Heh. Couldn't resist:
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-05-09 at 07:35 PM.

What nickname has the curious squirrel been given? It has been showing up all over the net.

Don't know, but the book is super. I'm only on page 20 and I've learned a ton of things I didn't know.

Yer squirrelly if you think I'm gonna post all the details here, unless nobody wants to surprise Ray. I might share an ISBN if pushed.

Ray, Do you hear from Jjaba anymore? Is he still traveling? I miss his observations on this board.

Thanks,
    Stromberg2

I last heard from Jjaba on July 2nd. He said "I've not been on The Forum because of huge time constraints." I'm sure whatever work he's doing is very important.

The squirrel is just called the Crasher Squirrel.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Ray, Do you hear from Jjaba anymore? Is he still traveling? I miss his observations on this board.
    What Jimaz said.

I wish he would post something new. His older posts are getting stale.

ISBN: 0738561991

Sorry, life got in the way of posting any sooner.

It is probably old news, it was just new to me.

Ray, I love working with Photoshop. It's definitely a good hobby to pick up, so I hope you continue to enjoy reading the book. I have learned a lot from a magazine I get, plus just searching online for how to do things. And at the beginning, I did read a book about Photoshop Elements that was very helpful, too.

Right you are, cman. One of the most enjoyable things I'm doing with it is restoring many very old family photos I have that the ravages of time has marred. Example below [[my Pop, 1901).
    Last edited by Ray1936; January-26-10 at 08:41 PM.

Nice example, Ray. If you ever have something particularly challenging and want to run it by someone else, I'd be glad to have a play with it. I hope to eventually scan all my grandmother's old pictures. I have seen a few cool tutorials online about restoring old photos with very bad color casts. I would post you a link to the one I had found, but it is no longer active.

There are some people out there who try to colorize old black and white photos. It's not something I am that interested in practically [[I like black and white as black and white), but it would be a cool thing to learn.