Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Question on WW2 Army Patches

Hoping someone can help me out. I am going through my dad's "foot locker" and have his medals and list of all that were issued. On one of his jackets, there are several patches and one of them, I can't seem to find any information on [[with the exception of ebay). It is an oval patch with a blue star and below that, arrows pointing down. Along each side is, what looks to me, are gold chains.

thanks to anyone and all for any information.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Hoping someone can help me out. I am going through my dad's "foot locker" and have his medals and list of all that were issued. On one of his jackets, there are several patches and one of them, I can't seem to find any information on [[with the exception of ebay). It is an oval patch with a blue star and below that, arrows pointing down. Along each side is, what looks to me, are gold chains.

thanks to anyone and all for any information.
    Is this the patch? http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/4012631...&ul_noapp=true

My dad has his on his dresser, along with a picture of him on the bridge in front of the Parliament building. I believe all the soldiers serving overseas in E.T.O. during W.W.II received this patch for the shoulder of their uniform jacket.

yes, that's it! i ended up finding something on wikipedia [[not sure how i missed it before) with an explanation of representation of the patch. i thought maybe it had something to do with the unit they were in.