Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A question Trump should ask the Dems tomorrow

Many Dem congresspersons will skip the inauguration tomorrow in a whining insult to the Office of the Presidency.

Trump should ask this question of those yellow-dog Dems:

"If you people can't win an election against a guy like me, what makes you think you can run the country?"

stop...."he's surrounded by people that will". not a good enough answer for me. he's a publicity hound. nothing more.

If Trump's term ends with nearly a million more jobs created per month than when he started, as happened with Obama, he will earn respect. No need for questions, let the chips fall where they may.
    Last edited by Bobl; January-20-17 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    If Trump's term ends with nearly a million more jobs created per month than when he started, as happened with Obama, he will earn respect. No need for questions, let the chips fall where they may.
    That means Obama created 96,000,000 jobs during his 8 year term as president. We'd better send for reinforcements.....

Actually, Honky Tonk, the former president created few jobs. We were losing nearly 900,000 jobs per month when he took office, the economy, under his watch, is now producing 175,000 or thereabouts per month. The difference is nearly a million. I thought some hyperbole might result in comments here. I wasn't dissapointed.

Actually, Honky Tonk, the former president created few jobs. We were losing nearly 900,000 jobs per month when he took office, the economy, under his watch, is now producing 175,000 or thereabouts per month. The difference is nearly a million. I thought some hyperbole might result in comments here. I wasn't dissapointed.
    Sorry, couldn't resist. I liked Mr. Obama and thought he did a good job. I wish he had implemented a better and stronger national health care plan.

Here's his job creation report card:

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/18/obama...residents.html

No Trump's term will end with more job loss. Unemployment will be 21 percent.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post

No Trump's term will end with more job loss. Unemployment will be 21 percent.
    Actually, deregulation and supply side administrations have a period of growth before the likely collapse. If Trump only serves one term, he may escape the blame, which will go to his successor.

If Trump adds as many jobs as he's claiming, we should all probably buy some gold immediately. Lots of short-term reasons for inflation, but the only true long-term reason is lack of workers. Republicans think there's a bunch of people sitting on the sidelines waiting for better jobs before they enter back in the workforce. I don't believe it. Those people have mental illness, drug dependency, or are just physically unable to hold a job. If protectionism kicks in, even a new compact will cost you $50,000. People working in the public sector will get that long awaited raise of 3.9%, while inflation hovers at 8%, falling farther behind than they are now. Meanwhile the 1% will be given back their play and leverage to rip us all off again.

Bong-Man: I'm glad you see you predict that every cloud has a silver lining.

The 1% have been neglected for far too long [[8 years.)

Quote Originally Posted by 3WC View Post
    Many Dem congresspersons will skip the inauguration tomorrow in a whining insult to the Office of the Presidency.

Trump should ask this question of those yellow-dog Dems:

"If you people can't win an election against a guy like me, what makes you think you can run the country?"
    I wish this question had been asked. It would have made Trump look even more insane. What an absurd question.

Well, Noise, absurd or not, what's your answer?

As a result of a combination of causes, the Democratic Party, on the national, state and local levels is becoming irrelevant. It is going to be a long, slow road if the Democrats are to ever regain political respect and a modicum of power. The party of Saul Alinski has finally reached it's inevitable fate, with many thanks to HRC and BHO.

Sit back and enjoy the ride along the road to making American great again.

Well, Noise, absurd or not, what's your answer?

As a result of a combination of causes, the Democratic Party, on the national, state and local levels is becoming irrelevant. It is going to be a long, slow road if the Democrats are to ever regain political respect and a modicum of power. The party of Saul Alinski has finally reached it's inevitable fate, with many thanks to HRC and BHO.

Sit back and enjoy the ride along the road to making American great again.
    There is no answer as the premise of the question is flawed.

Furthermore, everyone said the exact same thing about the Republican party when Romney lost. The exact same thing.

Odd that "making America great again" starts with a bunch of steps backwards...

Noise, there's no reason we should be pissing in each other's boots. However, it appears to me you may be a politician stumped by a simple question and claiming you can't answer it because the "question has no premise." Let me enlighten you.

Trump is a very flawed person who alienated women and minorities, the backbone of the electorate. Democrats outspent Trump by a huge margin in support of a very experienced politician with impeccable political panache. Everybody and their dogs thought Trump was going to lose, yet he won a resounding victory [[in the electoral college, the only vote in our Republic that counts.) So, if the Dems couldn't win such a simple no brainer election what makes them think they can run a very complicated economy with one worldwide crisis after another?

Enough premises for you?

And, whether the steps you refer to are backwards or forward depends of course from one's point of view. I for one am upset about a couple of his decisions - backward steps for sure - especially the one where he's actually intending to push for a 20% tariff on Mexican imports; hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

I'm pretty attuned to current events and truthfully don't believe anyone really thought Mitt was going to win his election as you claim, and I even gave the guy some money. Hoping against hope I guess.

Noise, there's no reason we should be pissing in each other's boots. However, it appears to me you may be a politician stumped by a simple question and claiming you can't answer it because the "question has no premise." Let me enlighten you.

Trump is a very flawed person who alienated women and minorities, the backbone of the electorate. Democrats outspent Trump by a huge margin in support of a very experienced politician with impeccable political panache. Everybody and their dogs thought Trump was going to lose, yet he won a resounding victory [[in the electoral college, the only vote in our Republic that counts.) So, if the Dems couldn't win such a simple no brainer election what makes them think they can run a very complicated economy with one worldwide crisis after another?

Enough premises for you?

And, whether the steps you refer to are backwards or forward depends of course from one's point of view. I for one am upset about a couple of his decisions - backward steps for sure - especially the one where he's actually intending to push for a 20% tariff on Mexican imports; hopefully, cooler heads will prevail.

I'm pretty attuned to current events and truthfully don't believe anyone really thought Mitt was going to win his election as you claim, and I even gave the guy some money. Hoping against hope I guess.
    Winning an election has nothing to do with leadership ability. It's as simple as that.

So again, your question is absurd and the premise is flawed. You don't realize this because of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.

I didn't claim Mitt was going to win the election. You can't even seem to follow your own ridiculous talking points.

Fairly young, not new to the forum... I always wonder... has it ever worked? Has cutting taxes for "job creators" and deregulation ever really worked for the common man?

And what is the common man these days anyways?

Either way, from a personal standpoint, tax wise I did better under W. But it was a depressive time to be around, the overall economy was depressed. I paid more under Obama, but the overall economy around me was better.

If I had to choose between the two... I'd rather pay more and taxes and have a better standard of living for me and those around me than just me.

Although there is something seriously wrong with the tax spectrum. I consider myself in the "screw you" category... I am too poor for republican tax breaks and too rich for democrats.

Going back to taxes under W. I am no sucker, they can keep their crumbs. The best analogy I can give them is that they gave us crumbs in tax relief to shut us up while those at the very top got loaves.

I am no Marxist, but if I had to choose, my short professional career has seen better results under Obama than Bush. I am not convinced that deregulation or tax breaks ever trickle down.

Quote Originally Posted by mikehamm45 View Post
    Fairly young, not new to the forum... I always wonder... has it ever worked? Has cutting taxes for "job creators" and deregulation ever really worked for the common man?...
    You might appreciate watching Wealth Inequality in America.