Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DDOT improvements January 28, 2017

For the second time in three months, with more coming, DDOT is announcing new schedules that appear to improve service on some routes without cutting anything anywhere, including 24 hour service on three more routes, three new direct or express routes [[not sure what the difference is between "direct" and "express" routes) and what DDOT calls significant headway improvements on the Michigan Avenue line.

I'm afraid there's not much detail available yet, but what there is, is here: http://detroitmi.gov/Portals/0/docs/...ce-changes.pdf

The 89 will result in the curtailment of the 19 Fort Street's Bassett Street branch, which means the 19 will have headway improvements in some capacity too.

Quote Originally Posted by professorscott View Post
    [[not sure what the difference is between "direct" and "express" routes)

I'm afraid there's not much detail available yet, but what there is, is here: http://detroitmi.gov/Portals/0/docs/...ce-changes.pdf
    I would surmise express is limited stops and direct are stops that are going to specific places and neighborhoods, like the Villages, Southwest, and the Rosedales and acting like normal route.