Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Old Detroit Yellow Pages Phone Book / Telephone Directory

I'm looking for an old consumer yellow pages phone book for Detroit, from any year between the mid-80's and late 90's. Does anyone know a good place to find such a thing? Are there any used bookstores that may sell them? I'm sure there are people who have them collecting dust in their basement or attic... I've searched ebay and the google without luck. Thanks!

I've found mine on eBay and at antique and used book stores, but that's not very old to be thought of as a collector's item. I think I was throwing away ones from the nineties at the same time I was buying ones from the fifties and sixties.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I'm looking for an old consumer yellow pages phone book for Detroit, from any year between the mid-80's and late 90's.
    For what purpose? To buy or just to look something up?

Try Royal Oak library. They have some old telephone books and Besser's directories.
    I got a lot of good information on my old neighborhood by Grand River and Greenfield in Detroit.

Thanks daddeeo. if I can't get one of my own I'll check libraries. It's for a creative project so I'd like to be able to keep it, but I could adapt the idea to work with photos of the pages I need instead. I'd still want to be able to take it out of the library to take the photos though. Libraries aren't likely to let me do that, especially if I'm not a resident. Still hoping to find a hoarder who is willing to part with one.