Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

ziggyselbin Guest

Sludgedaddy Guest

Neat-o post, Ziggy ! The Armadillo looks something akin to what the Arab ice-cream peddlers use to sell their wares in the hood. Though, I would suggest, a rabid Aussie with a Mohawk riding on the top and a cow catcher on the front end to foot the bill.

Today, on a walk through the garbage strewn and ailantus foliated alleys just north of Hamtramck, I encountered an elderly gent, who warned me of the possible dangers I might face when walking through such an area. The old timer lamented the influx of Bengalis in the area and the absence of his former peers along with the pristine alleys of yore. He had with him two large dogs and pushed aside his coat to reveal his legal CCW side arm. Perhaps, I've met the Polish Robo-Cop.

They made a pretty good point that usually the drug dealing just moves to another street. Apparently this device is only employed when a complaint is filed. I guess I'm curious what happens when there are no neighbors or the neighbors are too scared to complain. If the drug dealer knew I was the reason why a big armored camera was pointed at their house they would probably not be very happy with me.

If it's just parked empty with the cameras running I bet a Detroit version would get used as target practice from a block or two away.

ziggyselbin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by xphillipjrx View Post
    If it's just parked empty with the cameras running I bet a Detroit version would get used as target practice from a block or two away.

Did you read the article? It is an armored vehicle with additional protection added.

It seems like you could disable it by pouring gas under it and over it and lighting it.

Nevertheless, it seems like a pretty cool idea, and it seems to provide relief so far.

Perhaps if they used the information provided by recordings they could put a few people away for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Perhaps if they used the information provided by recordings they could put a few people away for a little while.

Pssst, meet me by the giant truck with video cameras that says Police on it so we can conduct criminal activites.

Quote Originally Posted by Russix View Post
    Pssst, meet me by the giant truck with video cameras that says Police on it so we can conduct criminal activites.
    Have you ever noticed how stupid some criminals are?