Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Steamship Ste. Claire

This Bob-lo boat - and National Historic Landmark - was tied up in the River Rouge near the Dix Bridge for about two years. I head that it was towed away from that dock this month. Does anyone know where it was taken?
    Thanks

I looked out the window at the river the other day at work, and did a double take. The Boblo boat was cruising upriver, albeit powered by two tugs, just as the video shows. I hope their restoration efforts succeed, and we can see her sailing under her own power.

Current plans call for restoration as a "dockside attraction", parties, weddings, etc. Much further down the line power may be restored, but not in the financial cards as of now. The Columbia on the other hand may be cruising the Hudson river in NY in a couple years!