Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DPD Callbox Key...Help, anyone?

Hi all,
    I recently picked up a call box on ebay, and the lock mechanism was drilled out and replaced with a regular commercial lockset. I want to return the original style lcokset on it...Gamewell.

Anyone have any ideas where I might get a Gamewell lockset? Or better yet, are there any veteran or retired police or firefighters here with an old Gamewell key they'd be willing to lend me for a few hours this week, to show the locksmith working on this little gem? There are a few keys on ebay but i'm in a bit of a hurry...will go that way if I must.

Anyone with a key can find out why it needs to be a Gamewell, and will benefit from the having [[and the short term lending) of the key.

Thanks...4O.

I don't know if the link will work or not, but I simply did a search for "police callbox key" and came up with a number of links to sites that sell them. Hope this helps.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=pol...utf-8&fr=b2ie7

Here's my key, Oranges. Unfortunately, I'm about 8 states away from you. This photo is just a smidgin' above actual size.

Last edited by Ray1936; January-26-10 at 08:41 PM.

Here's a closeup of the working end.

Here's a picture of me using it when I first came on the job.

You look pretty spry in that last photo, Ray.

Yeah, Bob, but the caption for that photo should be:

"Damn. Someone took the bottle..........."

Bring your call box over to a professional lock smith. They may be able to order one for you if they don't all ready stock it. I have good shop near my house on John R St. in Hazel Park.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; April-22-09 at 07:47 AM.