Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5151

^ well he certainly seems to be in good company.

• "We will offer an alternative to the corruption and the incompetence in the White House," Newsom said in his speech after being sworn in as California's 40th governor.

Here in California, we will prove that people of good faith, and firm will can still come together to achieve big things," Newsom said. "We will offer an alternative to the corruption and the incompetence in the White House. Our government will be progressive, principled and always on the side of the people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/07/new-...aboolainternal

California,where the homeless are guaranteed a street to sleep on and the million airs a beach side view.

He just did not say which people that they are on the side of.

The Democrats seem to have mastered the BS while everything crumbles around them,they just cannot see it from their ivory towers,or just do not care about the people they claim to represent.

Trump has brought jobs and prosperity to the country while the democrats continue to try and keep everybody down so they can keep up the wealth transfer to the corporations and continue to make millions as guest speakers.

Their cities crumble around them while they claim to be for the people,they just do not clarify which people they are for.
    Last edited by Richard; January-10-19 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

• "We will offer an alternative to the corruption and the incompetence in the White House," Newsom said in his speech after being sworn in as California's 40th governor.
    You're aware that California is basically the most prosperous and successful place on the planet, right? The innovation center of the globe?

California is the polar opposite of Trumpism- it's opening, welcome, forward-facing, honest, values smarts and gumption, and is a frankly spectacular place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    "As of September 30, 2015, 183 illicit cross-border tunnels have been discovered in the United States since Fiscal Year 1990."
    Has anyone heard how deep Trump's Folly is supposed to go?
    Border official shows Trump tunnels under wall.

Just so we know he has been shown existing tunnels already dug under existing walls. He may, in the future, deny knowing that but we now know otherwise.

"The buck stops with everybody." That tells you all you need to know about Trump's deceptive lack of personal accountability.

Border official shows Trump tunnels under wall.

Just so we know he has been shown existing tunnels already dug under existing walls. He may, in the future, deny knowing that but we now know otherwise.

"The buck stops with everybody." That tells you all you need to know about Trump's deceptive lack of personal accountability.
    Tunnels have little to do with illegals,they go through the expense to run 50 million in drugs through,it is not economical to dig a tunnel to smuggle illegals.

Common sense need not apply.
    Last edited by Richard; January-11-19 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    You're aware that California is basically the most prosperous and successful place on the planet, right? The innovation center of the globe?

California is the polar opposite of Trumpism- it's opening, welcome, forward-facing, honest, values smarts and gumption, and is a frankly spectacular place to live.

The innovation center of the globe and the most prosperous place on the planet?

Then with all of that innovation and wealth there should not be 60,000 homeless in one city alone,or a 40% increase in 5 years between the richest and the poorest.

A little search will show you how it works,Not hard to figure out,do you live there?

Why is the middle class and lower income leaving for Arizona and Texas if it is such a spectacular place live?

Agreed, walls have successfully been used for a long time but they aren't perfect. Tunnels, wire cutters, and other methods circumvent walls. However, here is how a medieval fix helps:

" The [[Israeli) fence along the Egyptian border has slashed the number of illegal African migrants arriving in Israel, with 14,669 infiltrations in 2010 to 213 in 2015, to 14 in 2016. But the number of successful infiltrations prompted authorities to raise the height of the fence from five to eight meters along a 17-kilometer stretch. There have been no infiltrations from Sinai since."

Another article says that Israel depend on other laws to reduce economic illegal immigration. It uses 1. fences, 2. Israel discourages illegal immigration, and 3. "the government has implemented laws which make it difficult for them to become permanent residents and access services granted to citizens, as well as not allowing them to transfer their savings out of the country and the government withholding access to part of their salary [[20%) unless they leave."

Illegal African residents are a proxy for illegal economic aliens who come to the U.S. to better their standard of living. I'm trying to distinguish them from Arab terrorists. Israel doesn't seem to do round-ups. About 14,000 illegal African residents have left but 40,000 stay on not including their children.

The U.S. has arrested over 50,000 illegal border crossers in each of the last three months. It's unclear what Democrats and illegal employers plan to do with all these people come the next recession; or consequent unemployed Americans for that matter. Over the last week, I've been reading that some Democrats are now coming forward and suggesting that some compromise over increasing border security might be a better idea than keeping government closed. Israeli solutions might not work here as national solidarity is largely missing here.

Also go to Google images "Israeli border fences"
    Last edited by oladub; January-11-19 at 10:23 AM.

SOMEBODY on here said this 21 days ago ago:
    Outside of Clinton,Carter,Obama [[D) the adverage shutdown has been a couple of days,the government pays every two weeks.

So unless they shut down on the friday of the pay cycle they could shut down for 13 days and it still would not stop those from getting their paycheck.

To say they could be furloughed,when it has actually never happened is like saying the federal government is going to lay off thousands because of belt tightening,odds are slim that it is going to happen,so no point of the drama.
    Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    SOMEBODY on here said this 21 days ago ago:

Hmmm.
    Yea we will not mention any names,but I believe it was posted at the time when everybody was freaking out about a shutdown like it has never happened in history.

I also believe that it did,with the list provided,show that then president Bill Clinton had the longest running shutdown on record,I may be mistaken but I think he was a democrat.

As of yet the current shutdown has not passed that record but is close to it as of today.

Hopefully the current shutdown breaks all and any future shutdown records or at least until the wall is built.

At the very least it has shown that we have way to many personal in government and should take a close look at if that is really necessary and the cost savings of reducing that payroll or maybe useing it towards a wall payment.

City's across the country slashed workers in order to meet budgets,Why is the federal government exempt from maintaining a bloated budget in the first place.

Anyways it could be a made for TV drama series and break those records for the highest level of drama thought up in a single day.

I find it hard to imagine with the likes of Schumer who is on record and all over social media campaigning and advocating for the exact same thing the president is,but yet stand up in public now denounceing the things he supported.

But yet Trump has issues.

I even like how they keep on saying Trumps wall,it is millions of Americans that also approve of the wall and he is doing what he said he was going to do.

But yet everybody is in shock,maybe it is because they are so used to being told one thing by politicians that do another,they just have a hard time when they see one that actually does what they say and cannot mentaly process it.

I even like how they keep on saying Trumps wall,it is millions of Americans that also approve of the wall and he is doing what he said he was going to do.
    But yet everybody is in shock,maybe it is because they are so used to being told one thing by politicians that do another,they just have a hard time when they see one that actually does what they say and cannot mentaly process it.
    No, he's not; he said Mexico would pay for it and taxpayers would not. Now he's trying to walk that back even though there are countless videos of him saying just that.

And that is your concern?

Canada also told told you that they were giving you a bridge that you would not have to pay for,but nobody had a problem with it coming out that it’s not so much the case,but no problem there.

The problem is with Trump,because he said it,it’s got nothing to do with border security.

The Libs keep pushing alternatives to border security without an actual wall,any ideas that do not have a continued additional yearly cost attached to them?

Cato institute has come out and reported that the use of drones for the last 20 years has been a failure and all of that technology is based on the use of power and continued updating and funding.

A wall is effective and just sits there looking pretty and does not cost a dime after installation,outside of a little paint here and there.

The installation creates jobs and pumps revenue into the local economy,the liberal plan pumps billions into the coffers of the tech companies that,o by the way,Pelosi owns stock in.

Even with all of the tech installed somebody still has to monitor it,fix it when it goes down and come up with new ideas when somebody figures out how to circumvent it.

We have spent 6 billion over the years installing sound barriers along freeways but balk at spending money to secure the border,I guess if somebody is not directly impacted by the whole illegal immigration aspect they do not see it as a threat until it happens to them.

And besides bad things are only happening in states that have a large illegal immigration population,why should Americans care about what happens to their fellow Americans as long as it does not happen to them,who cares.

Nobody cared about students overstaying visas or fixing a broken system or border security and 3000 Americans paid that price with their lives on 9-11 then everybody acts all sad when those deaths happened,nobody really cares,that was the cost of compassion.

I am thinking the police office that was recently killed by an illegal that was already deported multiple times but still jumped borders and was given sanctuary in California,would have something to say,if he was still alive.

We could make it simple.

How many of your fellow Americans are you willing to sacrifice in order to continue protecting illegals.

Come up with a number.

Maybe an even swap,line up 10,000 Americans to kill in order to make room for more illegals,they are dead already anyways.

Are you willing to trade your life so others can have that chance,who makes that choice,outside of the illegals that are already deciding for you.

The war on terrorism has cost the US over 6 trillion dollars and 7000 American military personnel,but hey 5 billion on a wall in order to maintain our border security and help prevent them from entering the United States in the first place,naw that is Trumps little pet project.

Whether people want to realize it or not,it is everybody’s pet project,and somebody’s matter of life or death.
    Last edited by Richard; January-11-19 at 08:24 PM.

I really hope you like the flavor of Kool-aid you're drinking; it would SAD if you didn't because you drink so much of it, Richard.

Can D.C. Shut Off The White House’s Water For Unpaid Bills?

The government is the largest water customer in the city, and because of the ongoing federal shutdown, its water bill is past due. The large unpaid bill left DC Water officials wondering what their options are, and whether turning off water to the White House is among them.

“We received an email Wednesday, January 2, from an individual at the bureau of fiscal services at the treasury,” said Matthew Brown, chief financial officer at DC Water, speaking during the water authority’s first board meeting of the year. He went on to read from the email: the federal government would not be paying $5 million of its $16.5 million quarterly water bill.

“That brings up an interesting question,” responded DC Water board chairman Tommy Wells. “Is there a time from nonpayment when we cut someone’s water off?”

“1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, is that what you’re talking about?” asked another board member, to laughter....
    I don't know. That address generates a disproportionate load of crap that needs to be flushed somehow. Oh NOOOOO!

Can D.C. Shut Off The White House’s Water For Unpaid Bills?I don't know. That address generates a disproportionate load of crap that needs to be flushed somehow. Oh NOOOOO!
    By that reasoning a good part of the country’s mindset could use a good flushing.

It is a good example of the silliness of some,but also makes a good case for removing a large portion of government from the DC area and into to other cities and states,as long as some feel the need to bite the hand that feeds them,with technology there is no longer a need to have everything on one spot.

In the interest of national security.

The savings could be substantial.

It probably would not be such a joke if that water department lost that 16 million dollar a year customer.

The White House is symbolic and there are contingency plans for it to operate from many different locations,so shutting off the water would only hurt the water department.

But then again being a rocket scientist or utilizing common sense does not seem to be a qualification in order to be a water board chairman.
    Last edited by Richard; January-12-19 at 11:42 AM.

I really hope you like the flavor of Kool-aid you're drinking; it would SAD if you didn't because you drink so much of it, Richard.
    Providing a canned response would be indicative of drinking the cool aid or the inability to do ones own research in order to acquire the facts is commonly referred to as being sheeplike.

Providing a canned response would be indicative of drinking the cool aid or the inability to do ones own research in order to acquire the facts is commonly referred to as being sheeplike.
    I don't need your validation to know that I'm not ovine nor do I need to share my research with you. You don't read it anyway and wouldn't believe it if I provided it. Also, I spare myself, and everyone else, another one of your TL;DR posts.

Exactly, hence the comments. Your posts are essentially direct-from-Kremlin propaganda talking points.

I don't need your validation to know that I'm not ovine nor do I need to share my research with you. You don't read it anyway and wouldn't believe it if I provided it. Also, I spare myself, and everyone else, another one of your TL;DR posts.

You disputed what I posted,it is on you as an adult to post proof that I am wrong.

But you cannot,so you and Bham up there have to resort to distractions and comments toward me because the truth does not fit your agenda,so it does not exist.

Then when you guys do not like to face the truth,the mommy button is pushed because not only do you guys do not want to face the truth you want to suppress it.

That is useing social media as a biased based agenda while claiming others are biased.

During the campaign we saw videos of children saying Trump sucks so I guess that is the standard level of commentary and discussion.

You can go here and tell some of the victims that they are lying,my guess is that nobody will.

http://www.ojjpac.org/memorial.asp

You can go here and tell the Sheriffs that they are lying.

Data from U.S. Sheriff’s offices revealing the startling fact that about 25 Americans are killed each day by illegal immigrants, has forced the concern that President Barack Obama’s biggest political enemy many not be the upcoming Republican Senate and House after all.

https://redice.tv/news/u-s-sheriffs-...gal-immigrants

The overall perspective of the criminal behavior of illegal aliens is grim. In a 2007 Government Accountability Office study of 55,322 illegal aliens, analysts discovered that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about eight arrests per illegal alien: 70 percent had between two and 10 arrests, and 26 percent [[about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Drug or immigration offenses accounted for 45 percent of all offenses, and approximately 12 percent [[over 6,600 illegal aliens) were arrested for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes.[14]

https://www.constitutionparty.com/il...e-all-victims/

Here is another list of those killed,do not forget to tell them they are not dead.

https://www.thedustininmansociety.or...re_deaths.html
    Last edited by Richard; January-12-19 at 02:15 PM.

Ok, we all need to give Richard a break 'cause honestly, I don't feel like seeing all his responses [[especially from whack-a-doodle websites including but not limited to Cato Institute).
    Last edited by Maof; January-12-19 at 02:43 PM.

Lol life is simple all one needs to do is prove that the listed names on the sites are fake.

Simple enough,no matter where the names are posted,dead is dead,call their loved ones and tell them that they are no longer dead.

I am thinking that concept confuses some.

Really, you guys should stop being the moles.
    Last edited by Richard; January-12-19 at 03:49 PM.

I agree; I usually read the first couple sentences and then zone out. It's the same post time after time, so I just read long enough for him to insult my intelligence, call me some generic name, like sheep, and then babble something unintelligible. After that it's the same old thing; a bunch of links to right wing websites and his contention that no one is as smart or informed as he is. TL;DR
    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Ok, we all need to give Richard a break 'cause honestly, I don't feel like seeing all his responses [[especially from whack-a-doodle websites including but not limited to Cato Institute).

^ translated into,you do not want to see the facts.

Just kinda like posting little memes and saying Trumps a Dolt,I get it,you do not want to be a part of the discussion,just want to retain the ability to disagree with the ones that do not fit the Trump hate profile but others are not allowed to disagree with you.

I am willing to bet that you have not called the families of the lists I provided and told them that it was all fake.

As of yet neither one of you guys have provided a counter point,just more of the same.

You are actually writing more words in direct negativity towards me then towards the actual discussion.

classic TDS.
    Last edited by Richard; January-12-19 at 07:55 PM.

I told you a long time ago, I gave up. It’s pointless to argue with you; you never admit you’re wrong, your spelling and grammar irritate me endlessly, your arguments make no sense and your blind loyalty to Trump is beyond my comprehension. If you don’t like my one liners, my pop in comments or whatever you’re calling them now, ignore me. It’s that simple, just ignore me. It certainly won’t hurt my feelings, not that you would really care if you did. Also, if you didn’t monopolize the entire conversation with your page long rants, it might be easier for others to post without getting lost in the morass.
    Last edited by jcole; January-13-19 at 02:04 AM.

Yea,your just not making any sense when you say you do not read my posts then say I never admit when I am wrong.

The discussion was about the validity of a wall and its effectiveness,I posted lists of those killed by illegal immigrants,if you actually read the links and had some self thought,you would have seen that the majority that committed the crimes had the same thing in common.

They had multiple felonies that they were already deported for and continued to sneak back in.Some as many as 5 times.

The majority lived in sanctuary cities where they were protected.

It does not matter what media outlet posted the content because it is easy enough to fact check,either the victims are dead or they are not.

It is not about blind loyalty towards anybody,it is about what is best for the country and looking at things from both sides,some are unable to do that and allow their life to be controlled by emotions.

I do not monopolize anything anybody is free to join the discussion,but how is a three word line continuously stating distaste towards the current president followed by a twitter link meme contributing to the discussion ?

I try to involve you in to the discussion but your response is the same every time,nothing to back up your thoughts,just your thought on how you personally feel about somebody.

It is pretty clear that you hate Trump,maybe try commenting about policies implemented verses what color his socks are for the day.

That is kinda what a discussion is about,looking at both sides.

The thread has 120,000 plus views,I doubt people are coming here to view one liners about how trump sucks,they can get that non stop on TV,most are not going to post because the canned responses are predictable if not scripted,so why should they bother.

You and some of the others keep making it about me,it is not about me or my spelling etc.

If I was the only one in the county that thought the way I do,then there would never even be a discussion.

Just like making everything about Trump,he is implementing policies that millions care or are concerned about,kinda like every other president has done before him.

That is why he won,because others felt it was better to attack individuals personally and what they had to say was the only thing they wanted to hear,push come to shove pull out the label maker or create a distraction from the content,clearly that was not the path to take.
    Last edited by Richard; January-13-19 at 11:45 AM.

1950s TV episode featured con man named "Trump" who wanted to build a wall

Here's the full episode: Trackdown - The End of the World [[1958) [[23 minutes)

They don't write 'em like that anymore.

I don't see anything mystical about this coincidence. It's more amazing that it hasn't surfaced before now.

Page 96 of 207 FirstFirst ... 46 86 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 106 146 196 ... LastLast