Autum Colors
AUTUMN COLORS ABLAZE »

FUN THINGS TO DO IN DETROIT »



Page 8 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 3795
  1. #176

    Default

    Oh Great! Another Wall Street er in the White House;

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/u...secretary.html

    T's advisors are as!#$%es!

  2. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Let's hope the press finds time from the Russia story to ask.
    Trump hires 70 foreigners to staff his private resort. #MAGA #AmericaFirst

    Maybe he'll import them from the same countries where he and Ivanka have their signature clothing brands produced.

  3. #178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Trump hires 70 foreigners to staff his private resort. #MAGA #AmericaFirst

    Maybe he'll import them from the same countries where he and Ivanka have their signature clothing brands produced.

    We are talking about West Palm Beach where a livable wage would have to be $30 per hour.

    A seasonal gig paying $10 per hour or $400 a week to someone coming from a country where the monthly income is from $40 per month and others at best $300.

    $10 per hour in Florida for housekeeping is a prevailing wage because of a high percentage of illegals who are willing to work for a lot less,and the abundance of unskilled labor.

    In tourism peak times this is a common practice and Disney world has been doing it for years and most situations include housing which would actually increase the minimum When that cost is factored in.

    WPB is where you either have lots of money or none and it is more efficient to stay at home and collect then to risk losing benefits for a temporary job.

    $10 per hour or even $15 per hour in that location is pointless because of the high local cost of living and as mentioned the extremely high rate of illegals from across the world puts a damper on a right to work state.

    When it comes to manual mundane labor I would have to admit it is hard to find somebody local to actually work or even show up no matter what you pay them,the illegals are actually harder workers and more reliable,maybe because thier incentive is to be able to eat without benefits.

    Places like Miami,Tampa,Orlando you can put a 6x8 storage shed in the back yard and collect $600 a month rent,in the 1980s there was an adverage of 3000 people per day moving into the state and it is not that far off even today,very few of those are skilled and for the first year or so some feel like it is all sun,party time and beaches so it creates somewhat of a mess.

    Agriculture,farming,construction,time share resorts,theme parks etc. there are very few things in this state that does not use seasonal labor,no difference when places like Sears etc that hire seasonal for the holidays.

    They say Detroit has a high percentage of unskilled labor,that is on a micro scale,take the same thing and multiply it by millions across the state and you kinda get a bigger picture.
    Last edited by Richard; July-21-17 at 02:56 PM.

  4. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We are talking about West Palm Beach where a livable wage would have to be $30 per hour.

    A seasonal gig paying $10 per hour or $400 a week to someone coming from a country where the monthly income is from $40 per month and others at best $300.

    $10 per hour in Florida for housekeeping is a prevailing wage because of a high percentage of illegals who are willing to work for a lot less,and the abundance of unskilled labor.

    In tourism peak times this is a common practice and Disney world has been doing it for years and most situations include housing which would actually increase the minimum When that cost is factored in.

    WPB is where you either have lots of money or none and it is more efficient to stay at home and collect then to risk losing benefits for a temporary job.

    $10 per hour or even $15 per hour in that location is pointless because of the high local cost of living and as mentioned the extremely high rate of illegals from across the world puts a damper on a right to work state.

    When it comes to manual mundane labor I would have to admit it is hard to find somebody local to actually work or even show up no matter what you pay them,the illegals are actually harder workers and more reliable,maybe because thier incentive is to be able to eat without benefits.

    Places like Miami,Tampa,Orlando you can put a 6x8 storage shed in the back yard and collect $600 a month rent,in the 1980s there was an adverage of 3000 people per day moving into the state and it is not that far off even today,very few of those are skilled and for the first year or so some feel like it is all sun,party time and beaches so it creates somewhat of a mess.

    Agriculture,farming,construction,time share resorts,theme parks etc. there are very few things in this state that does not use seasonal labor,no difference when places like Sears etc that hire seasonal for the holidays.

    They say Detroit has a high percentage of unskilled labor,that is on a micro scale,take the same thing and multiply it by millions across the state and you kinda get a bigger picture.
    I'm sure it's just a happy coincidence then that the Trump Administration lifted the cap on H2-B worker visas...and then Mar-a-lago asks for 70 H2-B visas literally just three days later.

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...b-visa-program

    Three days. What a weird coincidence! It's almost as if Donald Trump is a position to make public policy decisions that will also directly benefit his own businesses.

    Anyways, on to some of your other points, the living wage for Palm Beach County depends on if you are a single adult, if you have kids (and if so, how many), or if you have a spouse/partner and whether or not they work. For a single adult, the living wage for Palm Beach County is $11.62 an hour. Source:

    http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/12099

    And who says that Trump HAS to pay his people $10 an hour like you keep suggesting? It's a luxury resort in West Palm Beach that caters to the rich, you don't think they can pay their employees something more than a buck or two over minimum wage to attract American workers? I'd point out to you that revenue at Mar-a-lago has shot up 25% since Trump became President, in part because he doubled the membership fee after he won the election.

    http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...osure-released

    So they're raking in cash hand over fist there, thanks almost solely to the fact that Trump is President now and people will pay top dollar to get close to him, but they need to import immigrants to work for $10 an hour to staff the place?

    Surely even you must acknowledge the optics of this, right? That Mr. "Make American Great Again", "America First", "Hire American", etc. staffs his private resort with cheap foreign labor? Can you at least find it in you to acknowledge the basic reality that his actions in his private business ventures are the exact opposite of his public rhetoric and promises as the President? This is hardly the only incongruity between President Trump and Private Businessman Trump, as evidenced by the fact that most of his Trump-branded products (like his shirts and ties) are made overseas in the same countries that he repeatedly demonizes for stealing American jobs.

  5. #180

    Default

    You really like to generalize in a micro based society.

    When places like Disney use the program to replace thier higher paid IT guys n gals with cheaper foreign labor then yes that is taking higher paid jobs and replacing them with immigrants.

    When places use the program to supply unskilled labor because the opportunities are not being filled local then no they are not taking any jobs.

    When illegals in the construction trades are installing cermanic tile for 50c per sq ft when the adverage is $3.50 per square ft then yes they are taking jobs.

    This is not a socialist country or a co op run business just because a company makes millions it does not require them to pay more.

    It takes millions to set up and run that type of business and the profit is the payback on the investment of millions and the risk.

    When an employee is ready to invest millions and also absorb the losses if necessary then they would be entitled to a percentage of the profits and losses.

    I have never had one employee that did not expect to get paid on Friday,their concern is not weather I made or lost money that week and nor do they care they just expect to get paid for thier time.

    I deal with coustmers and the price I charge them is based on industry standards,so by your thought pattern I should be charging based on a coustmers net worth,if I precieve one to be rich I should charge them more.

    I was in a field before that I maxed out in salary and nobody would hire me because there were others that would work cheaper,I could have cried and complained and demanded but instead I borrowed the funds and opened up my own and became the competition.

    That is what this country is about and what you will not find in your preferred socialist society.

    If you see something for sale for $20 are you going to offer $50 for it?

    You are getting hyped up over a 3 day order,do you actually believe that anything that concerns the US government can happen in 3 days start to finish,it probably takes a week just to get a roll of toilet paper with all of the red tape.


    Bringing MAGA into this is a dead horse,they have nothing to do with each other.

    MAGA is not about providing service based jobs,it is about educating and providing skills training to low paid service job workers so they can live a better life.But yet the conversation fixation is on $15 dollars per hour instead of fixing the real problems.

    MAGA is also about those who are coming out of college loaded with debt and standing there with their private parts in their hand with no place to go but thier parents house,but yet the conversation fixation is on elimination of student debt,instead of dealing with the real issues.

    We need to be able to provide those livable wage jobs for the grads and the way to do that is to start building stuff here in the states here again.

    But yet when that is addressed the conversation fixation is on this country is horrible because it is enclosing itself.

    To me first and foremost the responsibility of this country and its government is to its citizens,personally I could care less about somebody in another country until our own people are able to be the best as they choose to be.

    We cannot all of the sudden bring everything back because we do not have the skilled labor force to fill the jobs and secondly the mindset of most Americans is that if they can buy something a few dollars cheaper from a foreign manufacturer they will,even though thier neighbor is out of a job.
    Last edited by Richard; July-21-17 at 05:25 PM.

  6. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Oh Great! Another Wall Street er in the White House;
    One aspect in favor of "Another Wall Street er" is that they do know how to "make" money and use it efficiently, to get the deficit down; while regular members of the both parties in the swamp only know how to wastefully spend other people's money on "social programs" to buy more votes for themselves to enable them to spend more money to get more votes.......to get the deficit up.

  7. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Mmmmmmmm.... Heart stopping goodness!
    Thanks for the warning! But i think i've taken care of the "Heart stopping goodness!" by having it on a Bagel so i don't have to eat the (w)hole. If I have miscalculated it's still a great way to "go."

  8. #183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    One aspect in favor of "Another Wall Street er" is that they do know how to "make" money and use it efficiently, to get the deficit down; while regular members of the both parties in the swamp only know how to wastefully spend other people's money on "social programs" to buy more votes for themselves to enable them to spend more money to get more votes.......to get the deficit up.
    A "Wall Streeter" may know how to leverage funds but his role is communications not finance. Not even sure he was successful fund manager as far as that goes. As for being loyal to Trump, he backed Bush, then Walker in the primaries.

  9. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    One aspect in favor of "Another Wall Street er" is that they do know how to "make" money and use it efficiently, to get the deficit down; while regular members of the both parties in the swamp only know how to wastefully spend other people's money on "social programs" to buy more votes for themselves to enable them to spend more money to get more votes.......to get the deficit up.

    Gman, I get it. You are the Good Humor Man.

  10. #185

    Default

    You know things are about to go south when you find yourself chambering rounds like this into your library for anticipated frequent reuse:

    [quote=NOTSteve;528594]♪That's the way we can get things done & that's how i do it.♪
    ♪It's easy & simple cuz you know what to do.♪[/quote][color=white]characters[/color]

    Please feel free to copy and repost at will.
    Last edited by Jimaz; July-22-17 at 11:15 PM.

  11. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Gman, I get it. You are the Good Humor Man.
    I like Good Humor Almond bars but ???

  12. #187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    One aspect in favor of "Another Wall Street er" is that they do know how to "make" money and use it efficiently, to get the deficit down; while regular members of the both parties in the swamp only know how to wastefully spend other people's money on "social programs" to buy more votes for themselves to enable them to spend more money to get more votes.......to get the deficit up.
    During the campaign, Donald Trump hated Wall Street and regularly demonized it, blaming it for America's economic woes. After he won, he did a 180 and fully embraced Wall Street, filling his cabinet with the same Goldman Sachs executives he was denouncing just months earlier. For context: Anthony Scaramucci is also a former Goldman Sachs man.

    Trump gave speeches and ran ads accusing Wall Street of "getting away with murder" and "bleeding our country dry."

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/26/inve...eet/index.html

    "The Wall Street investors who have rigged the regulations against the middle class – they are donating to Hillary Clinton." - Donald J Trump

    "I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over (Ted Cruz). Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton" -Donald J Trump
    Last edited by aj3647; July-24-17 at 10:48 AM.

  13. #188

    Default

    I'm thinking Scaramucci may be the biggest ass kisser of them all after seeing him spew his love for DT last week.

  14. #189

    Default

    We The last
    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    During the campaign, Donald Trump hated Wall Streets and regularly demonized it, blaming it for America's economic woes. After he won, he did a 180 and fully embraced Wall Street, filling his cabinet wiht the same Goldman Sachs executives he was denouncing just months earlier. For context: Anthony Scaramucci is also a former Goldman Sachs man.

    Trump gave speeches and ran ads accusing Wall Street of "getting away with murder" and "bleeding our country dry."

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/26/inve...eet/index.html

    "The Wall Street investors who have rigged the regulations against the middle class – they are donating to Hillary Clinton." - Donald J Trump

    "I know the guys at Goldman Sachs. They have total, total control over (Ted Cruz). Just like they have total control over Hillary Clinton" -Donald J Trump
    l agree with you; Trump is fantastic; he uses everyone and everything to his advantage, which ultimately is ours; unlike the "swamp people" who are incapable and have been doing it "to numbers" to line their own pockets for decades. Trump treats everyone equally, if you piss him off he attacks you; when you don't, he doesn't. You know where you are with Trump.

    He didn't like Scaramuccl when he was supporting Bush and the other guy and was Wall Street; now he's a Trump man so he's "in". It's not difficult to understand!(for most people anyway)
    Last edited by coracle; July-24-17 at 10:45 AM.

  15. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    I'm thinking Scaramucci may be the biggest ass kisser of them all after seeing him spew his love for DT last week.
    Did you see the Twitter deleting spree he went on? His expressed admiration for Hillary Clinton, was pro-gun control, expressed concern over climate change, support for gay marriage, etc. All gone, down the Twitter "memory hole", 1984-style.

    It's the typical Trump Admin tactic: If things you said in the past prove to be politically inconvenient today, just pretend like you never said them at all. Kind of like how Donald Trump was a pro-choice, pro-gun control, liberal Democrat his entire adult life right up until about 2011 or so when he started flirting with the idea of running for President as a Republican.

  16. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    We The last
    l agree with you; Trump is fantastic; he uses everyone and everything to his advantage, which ultimately is ours; unlike the "swamp people" who are incapable and have been doing it "to numbers" to line their own pockets for decades. Trump treats everyone equally, if you piss him off he attacks you; when you don't, he doesn't. You know where you are with Trump.

    He didn't like Scaramuccl when he was supporting Bush and the other guy and was Wall Street; now he's a Trump man so he's "in". It's not difficult to understand!(for most people anyway)
    He spent the entire campaign bashing Goldman Sachs as an example of everything that was wrong with mixing Wall Street influence into politics and then as soon as the election was over, he filled his cabinet with Goldman Sachs executives.

    There's a word for that: hypocrite.


    You seemingly acknowledge that his number one criteria for choosing staff is whether or not they kiss his ass and that's a good thing in your eyes? "Competence" and "qualifications" don't matter (see: Betsy DeVos and Ben Carson), only blind loyalty.

    That's the opposite of good. That's bad. That's the absolute worst way to run a government. He's filled the Executive Branch with incompetent sycophants. I "get" what he's doing, that's the problem.

  17. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Did you see the Twitter deleting spree he went on? His expressed admiration for Hillary Clinton, was pro-gun control, expressed concern over climate change, support for gay marriage, etc. All gone, down the Twitter "memory hole", 1984-style.

    It's the typical Trump Admin tactic: If things you said in the past prove to be politically inconvenient today, just pretend like you never said them at all. Kind of like how Donald Trump was a pro-choice, pro-gun control, liberal Democrat his entire adult life right up until about 2011 or so when he started flirting with the idea of running for President as a Republican.
    yes, yes i did. lmao! now, i'm kinda hoping sean spicer comes out with a "tell all". wouldn't that be something.

  18. #193

    Default

    The United States is stuck on stupid.

    There's no more to say than that.

  19. #194

    Default

    Now taking bets on which top-level Trump official will be the next to quit or be fired:

    -Chief of Staff Reince Priebus
    -Attorney General Jeff Sessions
    -Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
    -HHS Secretary Tom Price

  20. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Now taking bets on which top-level Trump official will be the next to quit or be fired:

    -Chief of Staff Reince Priebus
    -Attorney General Jeff Sessions
    -Secretary of State Rex Tillerson
    -HHS Secretary Tom Price
    My hope is Priebus.

  21. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    My hope is Priebus.
    Trump's new PR man Anthony Scaramucci has the knives out for Priebus, having insinuated today that Priebus is responsible for leaking Scaramucci's Financial Disclosure Form to the press and suggesting the FBI should investigate Priebus.

    The Trump Administration is like Game of Thrones, with all the scheming and backstabbing by people looking to gain power and influence. I honestly can't think of a Presidential Administration as publicly dysfunctional as this one has been.

    Or maybe it's like House of Cards, if everyone on House of Cards had an IQ less than 80.

  22. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Did you see the Twitter deleting spree he went on? His expressed admiration for Hillary Clinton, was pro-gun control, expressed concern over climate change, support for gay marriage, etc. All gone, down the Twitter "memory hole", 1984-style.

    It's the typical Trump Admin tactic: If things you said in the past prove to be politically inconvenient today, just pretend like you never said them at all. Kind of like how Donald Trump was a pro-choice, pro-gun control, liberal Democrat his entire adult life right up until about 2011 or so when he started flirting with the idea of running for President as a Republican.

    Yea,next thing they will be deleting thousands of emails and smashing hard drives to cover up the trail and haveing clandestine meetings on tarmacs in the middle of the night,the gull of it all.

  23. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Trump's new PR man Anthony Scaramucci has the knives out for Priebus, having insinuated today that Priebus is responsible for leaking Scaramucci's Financial Disclosure Form to the press and suggesting the FBI should investigate Priebus.

    The Trump Administration is like Game of Thrones, with all the scheming and backstabbing by people looking to gain power and influence. I honestly can't think of a Presidential Administration as publicly dysfunctional as this one has been.

    Or maybe it's like House of Cards, if everyone on House of Cards had an IQ less than 80.
    How is politics any different then the corporate world? This must be your first foray into politics if you think that this is the first administration to act like this,the only difference is one sees it played out in real time,unedited and real,which leaves lots of room for speculation and allowing minds to see things that are not there.

    At least it is all out there verses a scrubbed propaganda aspect of we will let you know what and when,the things we want you to know.That is more dictatorship then what is happening.

    It has its upsides and downsides.

  24. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Yea,next thing they will be deleting thousands of emails and smashing hard drives to cover up the trail and haveing clandestine meetings on tarmacs in the middle of the night,the gull of it all.
    Whataboutism. Google it. Hillary Clinton didn't win the election, Trump did. Her misdeeds do not excuse the misdeeds of members of the Trump administration. Why do you feel the constant impulse to bring up her name every time Trump's names comes up? Just once, just once, can you just address the things that Trump and his people say and do without engaging in Whataboutism or red herrings or outright deflections?

    If you want to talk about Hillary Clinton, start a thread about Hillary Clinton instead of constantly derailing a thread about things Donald Trump is doing today with shit Hillary Clinton did four years ago.

  25. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

    It has its upsides and downsides.
    Oh, this ought to be good. Please do tell, what are the "upsides" to Donald Trump publicly feuding with HIS OWN Attorney General and bullying him on Twitter? What possible upside could there be to that?

    Trump's daily attacks on Jeff Sessions have now resulted in his own political party turning against him. Congressional Republicans have leapt to the defense of Jeff Sessions and are warning Trump to back off. Both Breitbart News and Drudge Report have criticized Trump and defended Jeff Sessions. Sessions himself is reportedly furious about what Trump is doing and is refusing to quit. Senator Lindsay Graham warned that there would be "holy hell to pay" if Trump were to fire Sessions and Senator Chuck Grassley has warned that the Senate will not take up a recess appointment for Attorney General in 2017 if Trump decides to fire Sessions.

    So where's the upside? The public dysfunction of the Trump Administration now has members of Trump's own party issuing warning and threats to him, criticizing him, telling him to back off, and now he's even turning influential and formerly pro-Trump Right Wing media outlets against him. It also makes Trump look bad to feud publicly with the man he picked to be Attorney General. Remember "I only pick the best people?" What possible benefit is there to any of this? It's embarrassing. Trump is literally embarrassing himself on a daily basis with his bizarre and unprofessional behavior. Newsflash Richard: It's bad when your own party unites to call you out on your bad behavior. That's never a good thing. Well, maybe that's not true, if you're trying to spin this as a good thing, then I guess you can say that Trump succeeded in finally uniting the GOP around an issue.

Page 8 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Instagram
BEST ONLINE FORUM FOR
DETROIT-BASED DISCUSSION
DetroitYES Awarded BEST OF DETROIT 2015 - Detroit MetroTimes - Best Online Forum for Detroit-based Discussion 2015

ENJOY DETROITYES?


AND HAVE ADS REMOVED DETAILS »





Welcome to DetroitYES! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
DetroitYES! is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to DetroitYES! [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.