Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Well it was the United States' ambition and self defined role to be the world's cop for the past 70 years. Just look at how this is reflected in the massive turn toward heavy armor within the US police departments of even the smallest towns in the past decades... The buildup wasn't foisted on the US, it was a money grabbing, job procuring mammoth enterprise from the get-go. It just transformed over time and now, it all seems terribly expensive when set against less warlike partners in the equation. That's about it.
    It is about time the U.S. stopped being the world's cop not that I see that happening. Perhaps, to the extent necessary, Canadian and the rest of NATO's money and bodies could be substituted for that purpose.

The policy of giving police departments armored military surplus vehicles began in 1997 when Bill Clinton was President. President Obama restricted track vehicles and some other military equipment by executive order but armored military vehicles like those used in Ferguson were still allowed. President Trump seems to have erased Obama's executive order with one of his own.

Where I used to live, one of these armored military vehicles was used to approach an old coot's house to lob tear gas into his house. He had been refusing to pay his taxes in a dispute with the County. It was a test for the new equipment. The tear gas canisters burned down his house.

Well it was the United States' ambition and self defined role to be the world's cop for the past 70 years. Just look at how this is reflected in the massive turn toward heavy armor within the US police departments of even the smallest towns in the past decades... The buildup wasn't foisted on the US, it was a money grabbing, job procuring mammoth enterprise from the get-go. It just transformed over time and now, it all seems terribly expensive when set against less warlike partners in the equation. That's about it.
    It was not ambition that created our self defined worlds cop for the last 70 years,it was countries like France that said in 1937 that we do not need to fund our military.

What happened? Lots of smaller countries do not have the population to defend thier borders so they buy insurance,that insurance costs money.

The world has been at war from day one and there will allways be those who want to stretch thier legs.

So the question is,If another country decide Candada was cute and they wanted to add her to thier fold,how long could Canada hold out against overwhelming force without outside intervention?

When your trying to out run machine gun bullets in the streets I bet your outlook will be a bit different.

We took on a responsiblity back then,one we did not have to and if you do a little research Canada was on Japans radar also and Germany was looking for world domination.

We could have just protected our borders and worried about ourselves,I doubt millions debating our presence back then,outside of the other side who had little problem rolling through those who decided,because at the moment there was no war they needed no military.

There are a lot of wackos in this world and country,some even slither across the Canadian border,next time the police need to intervene with force maybe they can call you and you can walk naked into the situation and resolve it.

Se how easy that is,just leave your number with the PD so they can call you.
    Last edited by Richard; July-12-18 at 10:57 AM.

Trump Has Stormy Daniels Arrested While @ NATO Summit!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/adult-film...opstories.html
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-12-18 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Trump Has Stormy Daniels Arrested While @ NATO Summit!

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/adult-film...opstories.html
    "Are you kidding me? They are devoting law enforcement resources to sting operations for this? There has to be higher priorities!!!" Avenatti tweeted.

I guess he has never been in a strip club,that is enforced every day and has been for years,no touchy feely or you both go to jail,always has been.

Everybody with the dramatics.
    Last edited by Richard; July-12-18 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    "Are you kidding me? They are devoting law enforcement resources to sting operations for this? There has to be higher priorities!!!" Avenatti tweeted.

I guess he has never been in a strip club,that is enforced every day and has been for years,no touchy feely or you both go to jail,always has been.

All is well, the pussy grabber-in-chief had his good time, paid for it handsomely, now let's end the drama and avoid this subject altogether.

Special counsel Robert Mueller said he's planning on getting together with Stormy and taking a closer look @ what she has.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-12-18 at 02:46 PM.

All is well, the pussy grabber-in-chief had his good time, paid for it handsomely, now let's end the drama and avoid this subject altogether.
    You still have yet to prove that he actualy did that,I am sure that you have said things in life without actually doing them that we could create all kinds of labels for you.

Have you ever walked around with one on your head in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Special counsel Robert Mueller said he's planning on getting together with Stormy and taking a closer look @ what she has.
    Remember the old saying of " I would not touch that with a ten foot pole"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    He is a laughingstock isn't he

Remember the old saying of " I would not touch that with a ten foot pole"
    That should read..... I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot BRASS pole. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    He is a laughingstock isn't he
    I agree Colbert is a laughingstock,who is he anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    That should read..... I wouldn't touch that with a ten foot BRASS pole. 
    Then inquiring minds would want to know,who would even want to touch that brass pole after she slithered across it.

Trump’s presidency is illegitimate
    It’s all right there in the indictment — day by day, hack by hack, theft by theft — how agents of the Russian intelligence service, the GRU, set out in the spring of 2016 to steal the election for Donald Trump. When you track the actions taken by Russian intelligence in the indictment with statements made by Trump and actions taken on his behalf by members of his campaign, the picture is as clear as an iPhone photo. Agents of the Russian government coordinated with members of the Trump campaign and took cues from Trump himself in order to influence the election of 2016....

On July 27, at a press conference, seemingly out of the blue, Trump said: “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” referring to the so-called “missing” emails from the private server Hillary Clinton used while serving as secretary of state....

Russia was listening, all right. They started hacking immediately after Trump’s call-out to them. After hours....

Oooo a smoking gun,to bad it is a squirt gun.

They wrote that it was as clear as a iPhone picture,that is the first clue it is a speculative opinion.Iphone pictures are not very clear.

^^^ No they are not very clear for all the hype [[well former hype - Apple is loosing sales in the iPhone department).

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ No they are not very clear for all the hype [[well former hype - Apple is loosing sales in the iPhone department).
    If mine were not so cheap I would ditch them,but with the news,it does seem like there is only 10% news and 90% rhetoric and they can always find people to agree with them.

Sky news was interviewing a guy in the UK that is one of the organizers of the resist Trump movement over there.

He told them that Trump should be impeached because he did not win the popular vote,when they told him that our presidential elections are not based on popular vote he said it did not matter because it was an illegal system.

Sky usually is left leaning when it comes to US politics but even then they were looking at the guy like he did not have a clue and did not even know exactly what he was resisting.

Attached Images Attached Images  

You’re pictures are PUERILE. Obviously photoshopped by some democrat no-nothing idiot. You’re not funny or pertinent. You’re snide.

^ that is just how the resistance rolls,no need for substance.

Look at thier mentors

Hillary sends a tweet asking what team the president is on but had no problem brokering a US uranium deal with the Russians.

Maybe she sees lost personal profit of selling Americans down the road.

The previous president and his supporters did nothing and said nothing about Russian invasions,and now expect the current to clean up the mess that they made,while bitching about it the whole time.

The Putin summit had nothing to do with the president supposed to be spanking Russia,it was an opening dialogue between the countries,no more or no less,but yet everybody is crying about what he should have done.

Maybe he should just take the stance of those before him and bend over,good thing he can multi task between cleaning up the children's messes and moving the country forward,he has his plate full.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=XsFR8DbSRQE
    Last edited by Richard; July-16-18 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    You’re pictures are PUERILE. Obviously photoshopped by some democrat no-nothing idiot. You’re not funny or pertinent. You’re snide.
    Well, than maybe HT's pic. was photoshopped by a no-nothing Repub?

I've been told I have a good sense of humor but that wasn't my intent really. Just a visual of the truth. Snide? maybe on occassion. Again, thanks for the personal attack. Apparently, that's something your good at.

But, it's ok though for the president to side with Putin rather than his own country.

"President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today...."
    Last edited by Maof; July-16-18 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    But, it's ok for the president to side with Putin rather than his own country.

"President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today...."
    Remember glasnost, perestroika, and the end of the cold war? Too bad Obama turned that around. Toward the end of his presidency, Obama looked like a scolded dog, tail between legs, every time he had to enter a room with Putin. I was ashamed of him but not surprised. A few years later, McCain is the Democrats' favorite Republican even though he never voted against a war. So it is no surprise that today's talking point is that Democrats are horrified that Trump seemed to get along with Putin.

Atlantic had a long article about Putin, moderate and fair enough, taking the position that Putin personally directed spying on the U.S.. The article described Putin as vindictive; claiming that he did so because western reporters had unveiled some illegal doings, the Panama Papers, exposing illegal money transfers by his oligarch friends. Whether or not Putin should have responded in kind doesn't obscure the fact that the U.S. also interferes in other nations' elections and even overthrows foreign government. Today's Democratic deep state talking point is therefore hugely hypocritical, we even tapped Merkel's phone, and a throwback to the cold war. I'm ok with a president who can get along with Putin and prefer that to, for instance, Hillary threatening to shoot down [[Russian) planes over Syrian airspace when she was running for President or going back decades, hiding under desks in school air raid drills.

What is needed, in a world where the reality is that nations do spy on each other, is better security. We can probably agree on that. That might include punishing government officials who carry out government affairs on illegal personal computers and idiots who use "Password" for their password.
    Last edited by oladub; July-16-18 at 08:05 PM.

You guys kill me. Putin is playing Trump like a violin, yet it's Ok. Anytime the president throws his intelligence team and the country he runs under the bus, blames everything on the left, and when everybody and their mama knows the Russians interfered with the election, this country has a serious problem. Yet Trump is showing diplomacy towards Putin. Gimme a break....Russia is the enemy, always has been.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-17-18 at 05:53 AM.

I find your pictures on point

Page 59 of 207 FirstFirst ... 9 49 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 69 109 159 ... LastLast