Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 52 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 5151

For Richard;

"Those Were The Days"
    by Lee Adams and Charles Strouse

Boy, the way Glen Miller played. Songs that made the hit parade.
    Guys like us, we had it made. Those were the days.
    Didn't need no welfare state. Everybody pulled his weight.
    Gee, our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days.
    And you know who you were then, girls were girls and men were men.
    Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
    People seemed to be content. Fifty dollars paid the rent.
    Freaks were in a circus tent. Those were the days.
    Take a little Sunday spin, go to watch the Dodgers win.
    Have yourself a dandy day that cost you under a fin.
    Hair was short and skirts were long. Kate Smith really sold a song.
    I don't know just what went wrong. Those Were The Days

For Richard;

"Those Were The Days"
    by Lee Adams and Charles Strouse

Boy, the way Glen Miller played. Songs that made the hit parade.
    Guys like us, we had it made. Those were the days.
    Didn't need no welfare state. Everybody pulled his weight.
    Gee, our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days.
    And you know who you were then, girls were girls and men were men.
    Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
    People seemed to be content. Fifty dollars paid the rent.
    Freaks were in a circus tent. Those were the days.
    Take a little Sunday spin, go to watch the Dodgers win.
    Have yourself a dandy day that cost you under a fin.
    Hair was short and skirts were long. Kate Smith really sold a song.
    I don't know just what went wrong. Those Were The Days

lol I will not repeat it a 3rd time,and close but not that old.

Hoover was an ass and that history shows us what happens when you use hatred and fear as a manipulative tool against the public.

I think Trump became a spineless lizard by signing the EO,but am sure he has something else up his sleeve.

I really like the combining of the department of education with the department of labor currently in progress,if they can get their heads together that should help millions of Americans prepare for the workforce verses just being dumped into it,like never before in the past.

People can say and feel what they like but if he can deal with the infrastructure,jobs and skills training and immigration reform,I do not care if he swings naked off of the top of the sears tower.

Those things,if delt with,will positively directly effect millions of Americans daily lives and future.Everything else is just rhetoric.

Just don't please little Jeezus let him fall off the ledge. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    That deserves to be pulled out of the click.
    Possible good news: The Daily Mail is reporting that this child's father says that his wife and this their 4th. child were never separated. According to the father, his wife abandoned him and their their three other children, paid $6,000 to a coyote unknown to him and against his wishes and were caught crossing the Rio Grande. He says that she wanted a "better life". Given that the father might be lying, I wonder how this new information about the open borders' poster child of a mother who sounds like an economic migrant will play into the open border crowd's narrative about compassion and keeping families together.

In other broken border news. Bill Di Blasio was surprised that migrant children were being cared for in NYC; some having lice, bedbugs, and contagious diseases. Those children could wait though because the Mayor had to fly off to a photo-op in El Paso outside of a similar migrant child care facility there.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Possible good news: The Daily Mail is reporting that this child's father says that his wife and this their 4th. child were never separated. According to the father, his wife abandoned him and their their three other children, paid $6,000 to a coyote unknown to him and against his wishes and were caught crossing the Rio Grande. He says that she wanted a "better life". Given that the father might be lying, I wonder how this new information about the open borders' poster child of a mother who sounds like an economic migrant will play into the open border crowd's narrative about compassion and keeping families together.

In other broken border news. Bill Di Blasio was surprised that migrant children were being cared for in NYC; some having lice, bedbugs, and contagious diseases. Those children could wait though because the Mayor had to fly off to a photo-op in El Paso outside of a similar migrant child care facility there.

So do you support putting children in cages?

It's also being reported, some of the children are given "gummy vitamins"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya1nxXq1r0U

Quote Originally Posted by TKshreve View Post
    I would think that nobody supports putting children in what is being referred to as cages.

A border by its existence is designed as a deterrent and not a tourist destination,you walk up to it,present your papers and continue on your way.

The borders are the same across the world and it is common knowledge and common sense that if you approach one and try to pass without proper documentation there will be negative results.

The best way to look good on immigration is to cut funding to border patrol,part of that funding includes buliding holding facilities.

In the past,the children were not kept in holding facilities and placed with non related families across the country while the process is completed.

Did you know that there are over 6000 that have gone missing,nobody knows where they are or what happened to them.

Some have been found in sex trafficking rings and forced prostitution situations,they can even be beaten and dead and buried somewhere,nobody knows.

Cage or not at the very minimum they are safe,protected and cared for,and you know exactly where they are at any given second.

But on the same accord you can not have a massive amount of people meandering around in a facility with 5 adults watching over 200 kids,with chain link you can watch multiple groups at the same time with limited personal.

Some kids are cute and cuddly and make for good press while others have grown up in a world of violence and are not used to being with or playing nice with others,so everybody needs to be closely watched for their own safety.

I did notice that instead of commenting on what could have very well been considered by some the useing of a child to further a fake agenda,if true,you twisted it on to the poster as the bad one.

So who is worse?
    Last edited by Richard; June-22-18 at 08:55 AM.

In this country that would be known as parental kidnapping.

At the very least the agent interviewed said the mother had been traveling for 30 days,asked her to set her down in order for the search and when she started crying.

When he asked her why she was crying the mother replied that she was tired and hungry,the whole process took less then two minutes.

The mother was turned over to ICE because she was already deported once and this was the second time trying to re-enter illegaly,a felony.

She was never separated from her daughter.

Another mother is suing the US government for seperation,that is the new American dream try and enter the country illegally and make money with a law suit when things do not go your way.
    Last edited by Richard; June-22-18 at 09:15 AM.

Referring to my post #1280 and Richard's post #1285 although it isn't supported with a link- This is wonderful propaganda that Goering would have approved of. But when it turns out, as it apparently has, that the little girl was, according to her father, never separated from her mother and the mother abandoned her husband and her other kids in pursuit of a "better life", it become more difficult to keep up the hateful anti-Trump narrative. But like Goering said, if a lie is told often enough, the lie gains a life of its own. Where are all the pictures of poverty in America; of American children suffering because their parents live in poverty having been displaced by cheaper foreign workers or were dragged off to foster homes when their parent was hauled off to jail? Where are the photos of Iraqi and Libyan children who were killed with American bombs? Many of the same members of Congress who were silent or supportive of those wars are now sanctimoniously berating Trump for trying to uphold our own border. Even if the little girl had been separated from her mother, why should lawbreaking illegal parents be treated preferentially to lawbreaking American parents?
    Last edited by oladub; June-22-18 at 09:35 AM.

No, I hope that I didn't imply that I did when I pointed out what might be a huge fraud perpetrated by our media. I have seen the pictures of empty dog cages that open border advocates post but most of the "cages" I've seen are just cyclone fence partitions between age groups in these Wal-Mart places. Would you rather cinder block walls be constructed between groups? That would work too and look less like "cages". We wouldn't need any of this if our border was secure and people weren't incentivized to come here. Our #1 border strategy should be to severely punish the profiteering cheating employers of illegal alien caste labor.

Wait, I found a photo of children in cages.
    Last edited by oladub; June-22-18 at 09:36 AM.

I did not post a link because it was something that I watched on CBSN Roku/Pluto.

It came from the source and from the mouth of the source and not some interpretation of.

They guy that snapped the photo also said that he never dreamed that it would receive the attention that it did,he has a book to sell and I have a bridge to sell.

As I stand there kicking the cat,I am going to show surprise and shock when I hear of somebody else kicking the cat.

In Saudi Arabia they are arresting women that are trying to learn how to drive,but yet we live in such a repressive and disgusting country.

Jane sees something on tv and is manipulated by emotions like a puppet,Sally takes a step back and looks at the whole picture and gets the facts.

Do not be like Jane.

Hopefully no posters are named Jane or Sally and the above statement was not intended to be directed to anybody personally and referenced as an example only.The use of male names may also be inserted to replace the female gender reference.

The referenced names are not to be construed as a race specific based on the actual applied name and should not be viewed as such.

It should also be considered that the referenced names are over the age of 21,no monetary rights are applied for the use of the names.
    Last edited by Richard; June-22-18 at 10:35 AM.

No, I hope that I didn't imply that I did when I pointed out what might be a huge fraud perpetrated by our media. I have seen the pictures of empty dog cages that open border advocates post but most of the "cages" I've seen are just cyclone fence partitions between age groups in these Wal-Mart places. Would you rather cinder block walls be constructed between groups? That would work too and look less like "cages". We wouldn't need any of this if our border was secure and people weren't incentivized to come here. Our #1 border strategy should be to severely punish the profiteering cheating employers of illegal alien caste labor.

Nice......

How. Embarrassing.

Did you even read the article you linked to? It looks like you did not, and just googled an image with a title stating something like: [Mexican Children In Cages + Obama]

The article refutes your entire stance - lol. Now we can all know better than to debate you on controversial topics, as the facts you bring to the table are no better than what falls out of a cracker jack box. Read the article. Scroll past the pretty little pictures and READ towards the overall point of the entire piece. #Yikes #Cages #TrumpCamps

While penalizing employers who feed the illegal immigration incentive is the right way to address this problem, we all know that is not in the best interest of Trump. He staffs his resorts with foreigners all the time, and procures his apparel from overseas without batting an eye. He would never want to penalize his crony buddies who profit off the illegal workers who make it, he only wants to punish those whom become ensnared in the net, and then use them as fodder to keep his uninformed, racist and zealot-infused followers thinking he still holds their best interest at heart.

I pity his base and those who still believe their vote was the right one.
    Last edited by TKshreve; June-22-18 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I would think that nobody supports putting children in what is being referred to as cages.......

Cage or not at the very minimum they are safe,protected and cared for,and you know exactly where they are at any given second.
    Soooooo.... you do support locking up children in cages against their will. Got it! Thumbs up, dude!

I suppose I'm done with you altogether. I'd comment on your lack of heart and empathy, but that will just rattle down into a bottomless, black well and be forgotten.

The rest of your [endless] post was simply a non-sourced heap of conjecture. Complete with a red herring spinning circles around a straw man.
    Last edited by TKshreve; June-22-18 at 11:17 AM.

How. Embarrassing.

Did you even read the article you linked to? It looks like you did not, and just googled an image with a title stating something like: [Mexican Children In Cages + Obama]

The article refutes your entire stance - lol. Now we can all know better than to debate you on controversial topics, as the facts you bring to the table are no better than what falls out of a cracker jack box. Read the article. Scroll past the pretty little pictures and READ towards the overall point of the entire piece. #Yikes #Cages

While penalizing employers who feed the illegal immigration incentive is the right way to address this problem, we all know that is not in the best interest of Trump. He staffs his resorts with foreigners all the time, and procures his apparel from overseas without batting an eye. He would never want to penalize his crony buddies who profit off the illegal workers who make it, he only wants to punish those whom become ensnared in the net and use them as fodder to keep his uninformed, racist and zealot-infused base thinking he still holds their best interest at heart.

Ok, I've read it twice now, and the article still says:

"In 2014, we saw an enormous spike compared to what usually happens every year, in the number of kids crossing alone into the United States," she said. "And we didn't have enough shelter facilities, because we had a huge increase, so kids ended up piling up in Border Patrol lock-ups, which are no places for children."

What are you seeing that I'm missing? I see the photos ARE from 2014 when Obama was in charge, not that it matters. Ok, it's no place for kids, permanently. What DO you do when there's an unforeseen huge spike in illegals crossing the border with kids? Yes they're sleeping on cots under thermal blankets on the floor, but the floor is clean, they're out of the sun and heat. I'm sure they're being fed and hydrated in a climate controlled environment. What's your solution TK? If you feel that strongly, call them up, give them your CC #, and take them all to Disneyland.

Some are to busy standing in the corner with their fingers in their ears and only wanting to hear what they want to hear.

Soooooo.... you do support locking up children in cages against their will. Got it! Thumbs up, dude!

I suppose I'm done with you altogether. I'd comment on your lack of heart and empathy, but that will just rattle down into a bottomless, black well and be forgotten.

The rest of your [endless] post was simply a non-sourced heap of conjecture. Complete with a red herring spinning circles around a straw man.
    No,actually I am like you in supporting throwing them back over the fence and let them fend for themselves.

You do not think a 30 day trek in the elements through jungles is more a traumatic expirence then a week in a secure facility,if you have a 2 year old grab their hand and start walking across country for 30 days,12 to 18 hours a day,and you have to do it through places where you can be raped,robbed,kidnaped,or killed in the process.

Your child is tired and cannot walk anymore and you want to rest,tough,keep moving,if you cannot keep up with the rest you get left behind,twist your ankle,you get left behind,get sick from drinking tainted water,you get left behind.

You get left behind both you and your 2 year old have a very slim chance of making it out alive.

You cannot carry 30 days food and water with you,so eat bugs and drink from the polluted rivers along the way,try that in this country and you would be in jail for child endangerment and separated from your family.

A 2 year old has less then 50/50 chance of making the journey alive,do you know how many two year olds are buried along the way,and you want compassion because they have to spend a couple of weeks at best in a not so comfortable facility?

I am a parent and I would never be willing to sacrifice my children under the guise of seeking a better life for them and I have zero compassion for those who do.

Honestly, those who would be willing to do that please speak up.

You suppose you are done with me? Why do you leave the door open,either you are or you are not.

When you speak of straw men,let me guess you are following the yellow brick road because you come up with enough straw to bed a drove of donkeys.
    Last edited by Richard; June-22-18 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    What DO you do when there's an unforeseen huge spike in illegals crossing the border with kids? Yes they're sleeping on cots under thermal blankets on the floor, but the floor is clean, they're out of the sun and heat. I'm sure they're being fed and hydrated in a climate controlled environment. What's your solution TK? If you feel that strongly, call them up, give them your CC #, and take them all to Disneyland.
    The unforeseen spike in 2014 was from individual children attempting to cross the border. They were unaccompanied. There was no recourse other than to detain the children until they could be processed. Oladub would have you believe that these children in 2014 were purposely separated from their parents [[like what's happening now), and caged like animals.

More so, we've seen a spike in trump camps over the past few months as this administration ramps up its human-rights atrocity against these refugees. Capacity was not needed in 2014, because the law was not being wielded in the autocratic manner it is today.

In the case of 2018, our government went out of its way to separate the children from their parents in a sole effort to deter border crossings through fear mongering. Stephen Miller is the suspected monster who implemented this awful agenda.

The solution is simple. Raze the incentive for these immigrants to illegally enter the United States. Go after the employers who feed the end user jobs these refugees come to seek. Will Trump though? Nope - he doesn't want to upset his well-to-do profiteering voter base who fan the flames of this issue. He'd rather treat the disease, than cure it. #MAGA

America - The only place where immigrants woefully accuse immigrants of being immigrants.

The unforeseen spike in 2014 was from individual children attempting to cross the border. They were unaccompanied. There was no recourse other than to detain the children until they could be processed. Oladub would have you believe that these children in 2014 were purposely separated from their parents [[like what's happening now), and caged like animals.

More so, we've seen a spike in trump camps over the past few months as this administration ramps up its human-rights atrocity against these refugees. Capacity was not needed in 2014, because the law was not being wielded in the autocratic manner it is today.

In the case of 2018, our government went out of its way to separate the children from their parents in a sole effort to deter border crossings through fear mongering. Stephen Miller is the suspected monster who implemented this awful agenda.

The solution is simple. Raze the incentive for these immigrants to illegally enter the United States. Go after the employers who feed the end user jobs these refugees come to seek. Will Trump though? Nope - he doesn't want to upset his well-to-do profiteering voter base who fan the flames of this issue. He'd rather treat the disease, than cure it. #MAGA

America - The only place where immigrants woefully accuse immigrants of being immigrants.

That's all fine and dandy, and I agree, but they're heeeeerrrrre! You have to do something. Remember Katrina and the stadium? There were reports of underage girls being raped, assaults, theft, etc. This isn't new, these "laws" have been on the books for decades, and no one wants to touch the subject with a 10 foot Pole. [[who was also an immigrant) Now when the proverbial poop hits the fan, all the finger pointing and fake news starts up, again. I see the media is doing one hell of a job. Remember, if you want to sell papers, "Man Bites Dog!"

How. Embarrassing.

The article refutes your entire stance - lol. Now we can all know better than to debate you on controversial topics, as the facts you bring to the table are no better than what falls out of a cracker jack box. Read the article. Scroll past the pretty little pictures and READ towards the overall point of the entire piece. #Yikes #Cages #TrumpCamps

While penalizing employers who feed the illegal immigration incentive is the right way to address this problem, we all know that is not in the best interest of Trump. He staffs his resorts with foreigners all the time, and procures his apparel from overseas without batting an eye. He would never want to penalize his crony buddies who profit off the illegal workers who make it, he only wants to punish those whom become ensnared in the net, and then use them as fodder to keep his uninformed, racist and zealot-infused followers thinking he still holds their best interest at heart.

Embarrassing for you perhaps. I'm not embarrassed. The top picture is the only thing that looks like a cage and is titled "
    In this June 18, 2014 photo, two female detainees sleep in a holding cell, as the children are separated by age group and gender, at a US Customs and Border Protection center in Nogales, Arizona." It is odd that the Obama era picture that looks most like a cage is called a "holding cell" while what looks like a fenced off holding area of trump vintage is called "cage". I have to hand it to the propaganda folks. If you don't want the "children" separated by age and gender, would you prefer concrete wall in between, to mix them all together or just get rid of borders?

Let me get this straight. It's ok for Obama to hold "children" in cages if they are sent, on their own, to live with their illegal alien parents in the U.S. but its bad, bad, bad if they came with their parent under Trump. If so, then you must not mind the 10,000 or so unaccompanied "children" who are also presently in "cages". I would use the term "cyclone fence barriers" to better describe most of these photos taken during both the Obama and Trump presidencies. How is the left going to keep the narrative going when all these photos come out of Obama doing the same thing and the narrative based the little girl icon photo turned out to be mostly fake news? Time to dig up Stormy and try that again!

Even the Washington Post, a little late for the party, is now reporting this media fraud and backing some of the points Richard introduced. The little girls mother was previously deported. Are repeated immigration violations felonies?

Every Democrat in the House voted against a bill that would have required e-verify about two days ago.

Last edited by oladub; June-23-18 at 06:39 AM.

Your continued mentioning of Trump shows what this is really about.

If you pay attention they have been also cracking down on employers and then the cry becomes,your anti immigration all they are trying to do is feed their families,have some compassion.

Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done.

In order to go after the employer they have to have proof,that takes months,thousands of man hours which translates into millions of dollars.

So you see the larger crackdowns more often verses the smaller employer,it is also harder to red flag because with the amount of stolen identities the paper trail becomes time consuming.

It is not pandering to any base or protecting anybody,the last Ohio takedown had ties to a Florida politician and that did not stop it.

We have finite resources for enforcement,that is why you see verbal deterants,they do not cost anything but produce results.

When the current president took office the Mexican immigration of Mexicans across the border dropped to the leval of insignificance,all from useing retoric,but then the cry was the president elect at the time was racist against Mexicans.

But once again if all of the energy and money being thrown at this actually went into fixing the immigration system as a whole,none of this would be an issiue,but apparently what fun would that be.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Some are to busy standing in the corner with their fingers in their ears and only wanting to hear what they want to hear.

Paul Simon said it best in "The Boxer".

Yep and then some are just Disturbed

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

Page 52 of 207 FirstFirst ... 2 42 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 62 102 152 ... LastLast