Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 4 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Trump has a dangerous disability - George F. Will interview MSNBC

George Will's quiet renunciation of his long-time Republican Party membership was a tipping point.

He now recommends that the public actively "quarantine this presidency."

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Trump has a dangerous disability - George F. Will interview MSNBC

George Will's quiet renunciation of his long-time Republican Party membership was a tipping point.

He now recommends that the public actively "quarantine this presidency."

Lol, he is quite the funny,it is a shame that what used to be media that you could count on parade a daily dose of comedy,Wapo has dropped down to the level of a supermarket tabloid that nobody really reads any more.

I was watching CBSN on ROKU today and the commentator got pissed off because thier inhouse guy said that the Paris agreement was probably not in the best interest of this country,she or whoever killed his live feed.

I guess there will be no check in the mail for that one.

Name:  IMG_0579.JPG
Views: 4239
Size:  99.7 KB
    Last edited by Richard; June-01-17 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Name:  IMG_0579.JPG
Views: 4239
Size:  99.7 KB
    Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Great post!
    Seriously. Democrats and average liberals are pretty embarrassing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Seriously. Democrats and average liberals are pretty embarrassing right now.

Politics in general is getting pretty old. Same scenario when Obama was in office. Instead of trying to get something done, both sides sat down, dug their heels in, started name calling, and, like packs of monkeys, flinging poop @ each other. What are we paying these guys for?

Default Naomi Klein: How to Resist Trump's Shock Doctrine

Shock. It’s a word that has come up a lot since November— for obvious reasons.

I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about shock. Ten years ago, I published “The Shock Doctrine,” an investigation that spanned four decades from Pinochet’s U.S.-backed coup in 1970s Chile to Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

I noticed a brutal and recurring tactic by right wing governments. After a shocking event – a war, coup, terrorist attack, market crash or natural disaster – exploit the public’s disorientation. Suspend democracy. Push through radical “free market” policies that enrich the 1 percent at the expense of the poor and middle class.

The Trump administration is creating chaos. Daily. Of course many of the scandals are the result of the president’s ignorance and blunders – not some nefarious strategy.

But there is also no doubt that some savvy people around Trump are using the daily shocks as cover to advance wildly pro-corporate policies that bear little resemblance to what Trump pledged on the campaign trail.

And the worst part? This is likely just the warm up.

We need to focus on what this Administration will do when it has a major external shock to exploit.

Here's a 5-step plan.

I really do not think it is president Trump at all,I think that when she lost,they kidnapped him and what we are seeing is a imposter put in place to destroy and destabilize the Republican Party.

Seems plausible enough when all you really have to do is print something and people believe it.

The whole media aspect of things like what was discussed in a phone conversation between your president Trump and the queen of England.

Does the media have direct access to CIA listening posts or is the CIA in collusion with the media to overthrow the US government and take control,while playing some like a deck of cards.

There was collusion with Russia,we have not heard the results of the investigation yet and really have no proof,but I do not like the guy so it must be true because WAPO said it was.

The media now has American blood on thier hands and now that they tasted it they want more and they will not be happy until the ratings improve and bring more clicks to what was a rapidly declining death spiral of thier own.

Step 2: Daddy will not protect you.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-15-17 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Step 2: Daddy will not protect you.
    Actualy my daddy passed on 10 years ago and I never needed anyone to protect me,from age 15.

For some of the Trump haters,I will not mention any names,

Step 1: Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to fixing the problem.

The Democratic Party imploded on thier own accord and instead of organizing and regrouping they have chosen the path of self destruction and extinction.

Instead of looking in the mirror,choosing to find blame everywhere else.

Which is kinda sad because the founders did set up a two party system for checks and balances,I guess they never invisioned the massive tears aspect.

Maybe the Democratic Party can hook up with the Tea Party,at least in the U.K. They were organized enough to collect 900 votes in the currant election,maybe they can be a mentor on organizing,one does have to start somewhere.

I was always considered an independent but is does appear that the Democratic side prefers to push the independents to lean republican.

It is funny how the Democrats like to call Trump racist but yet I live in a heavy Blue city that still systematically likes to keep people segregated,so everybody knows to stay in thier zones.

I have nothing against Democrats,Republicans,Bernie Sanders or even who or what the tea party really is,it is a supposed free country and everybody is entitled to vote for who they believe in without recourse.

It is already clear that only one side agrees with that,which to me anyways is a bit hypocritical.

Sometimes it is kinda like the little bully at the beach,he cannot build a sandcastle so he goes around destroying everybody's else's figuring if he cannot have one nobody can.

It is probably easier that way then actually building his own,but then he would actually have to make an attempt to do so.

Do not like Trump,no problem,vote him out in the next election.
    But at the currant rate of grasping at straws and pissing and moaning instead of trying to rebuild a party,you may get eight years of trying because your handing him the next election already.
    Last edited by Richard; June-15-17 at 11:56 PM.

I just found out yesterday that Chelsea Clinton's father in law is a convicted felon who served years in jail for fraud. Also, Ivanka Trump's father in law Charles Kushner served time in prison for unsavory stuff too. I guess it runs in little circles. Chelsea and Ivanka are great pals in spite of the mudslinging btwn Hilary and Donald. One thing they all have in common; a great faith in the dollar sign. They will do anything for a buck.

There is an interesting article about Ivanka's clothing manufactured in Indonesia in the Guardian newspaper this week. 178$ a month wages for women making these expensive garments. Let's make Indonesia great again.

Trump ordered the appointment of a family friend, a wedding planner to the Federal office of housing development for NY and NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I just found out yesterday that Chelsea Clinton's father in law is a convicted felon who served years in jail for fraud. Also, Ivanka Trump's father in law Charles Kushner served time in prison for unsavory stuff too. I guess it runs in little circles. Chelsea and Ivanka are great pals in spite of the mudslinging btwn Hilary and Donald. One thing they all have in common; a great faith in the dollar sign. They will do anything for a buck.

There is an interesting article about Ivanka's clothing manufactured in Indonesia in the Guardian newspaper this week. 178$ a month wages for women making these expensive garments. Let's make Indonesia great again.
    Good thing these women live in Indonesia and not Canada, eh? What is a living wage in Indonesia?

http://www.averagesalarysurvey.com/indonesia

According to this article, the factory where her stuff is made is in a province with one of the lowest minimum wage scales in the country. You don't maximize profits from cheap labor if your laborers aren't treated like the dirt under their feet, do you now? Dang Muslims after all, for the most part. The same folks Trump wants to stop at the border need to stay where they are for good use... Lolorama.

Revealed: reality of life working in an Ivanka Trump clothing factory

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...thing-factory?
    Last edited by canuck; June-16-17 at 09:28 PM.

I would prefer that the US produced thier own goods,but the general public seems to prefer cheap.

It is funny how all people talk about not paying the locals overseas a living wage by US standards seem to overlook two things.

#1 Pay them a living wage according to US standards and you will no longer be able to buy cheap products.

#2 Close the factories and they go back to eating dirt.Because there are no other options.

There you go,sounds like a plan,pay them more so our fellow citizens get paid less and are forced to buy cheaper products which gives them job security over there.The cycle of self destruction continues.

Yup, Ford cancelled its plan to outsource production of the Ford Focus to Mexico...and instead they are outsourcing it to China.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/20/news...ina/index.html

Still want to give the credit to Trump? You sure seemed to back in January, does that still apply today given the latest news? Trump still gets the credit though, right? Because surely you wouldn't back-peddle on that, would you?

Welcome to Trump World indeed. Make China Great Again!

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Yup, Ford cancelled its plan to outsource production of the Ford Focus to Mexico...and instead they are outsourcing it to China.

Still want to give the credit to Trump? You sure seemed to back in January, does that still apply today given the latest news? Trump still gets the credit though, right? Because surely you wouldn't back-peddle on that, would you?

Yeah they are moving lower profit margin vehicles off shore and making production room for the new Ranger / Bronco models which are sold here. We will have to wait and see if there is a tariff placed on the Focus that is imported here.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post

One has to ask one's self "WWHD?"

Check out this post in the Trump family vibe: "CNN Producer Says Trump-Russia Story ‘Mostly Bulls— Right Now’ in Leaked Undercover Video"
    https://www.yahoo.com/newsroom/vibes....tsrc=newsroom

Politics in general is getting pretty old. Same scenario when Obama was in office. Instead of trying to get something done, both sides sat down, dug their heels in, started name calling, and, like packs of monkeys, flinging poop @ each other. What are we paying these guys for?
    Honestly, I find it maddening. I refuse to vote for candidates of either major party, if I can help it. This does nothing, but at least I can voice my own objection.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Honestly, I find it maddening. I refuse to vote for candidates of either major party, if I can help it. This does nothing, but at least I can voice my own objection.
    At least you guys benefit from a strong military. You've got a strong defense around that built-in insecurity. If you're lucky, your President gets to build his wall. It gets better with time.

Indeed the whole 'democrats GOOD' vs. 'republicans BAD' or the variant 'dems BAD' vs. 'rebuba GOOD' on and on cycle reverb is mostly subterfuge.

A subterfuge and flux that keeps us at once hopeful, yet bound.

I sometimes vote for neither party!

Trump is a funny old coot.

Page 4 of 207 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast