Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I stopped it when he mentioned the past president as being smart...
    It was the part about our currant president useing bad spelling, wasn't it? More than your refusal to except Obama is a man with far abouve adverage intelligence?

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    It was the part about our currant president useing bad spelling, wasn't it? More than your refusal to except Obama is a man with far abouve adverage intelligence?
    How did change occur in Detroit, From a beloved 8 year president or the people of the city ?

He was smart at kicking the can down the road,but that has a habit of catching up with worse then original results.

I except that in 8 years not much had really changed from hope and change.The run down inner city school does not care about how smart one is,results count everything else is bs as they say.

Psychiatrist Robert Jay Lifton on Duty to Warn: Trump’s “Relation to Reality” is Dangerous to Us All

At 6:59 he says "... for the most part Trump is not psychotic." [[I'm being kind to Trump by taking that out of context.)

At 9:47 he talks about how Duty to Warn is discussing Trump's psychology with congress.

At 14:10 he says it's a strange world when the generals are there to restrain the civilian instead of the other way around.

Attachment 34373

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    How did change occur in Detroit, From a beloved 8 year president or the people of the city ?

He was smart at kicking the can down the road,but that has a habit of catching up with worse then original results.

I except that in 8 years not much had really changed from hope and change.The run down inner city school does not care about how smart one is,results count everything else is bs as they say.
    To the extent that Detroit has a large African-American population: from 2000 to 2016, African-Americans were the only racial group whose incomes went down adjusted for inflation. From 2009-2015, under Obama, incomes of African-Americans fell by over $900. So far under Trump, median family incomes for all races have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. African-American unemployment fell by a point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election.
    The rate of job growth per month for blacks under Trump has so far been 40 percent higher than the monthly average under ‎Obama. Trump has averaged nearly 30,000 new black jobs per month.

My guess is that by trying to restrict the number of illegal non-citizens taking US jobs, President Trump is causing labor shortages allowing US workers to demand higher wages. [[supply/demand 101)
    Last edited by oladub; October-16-17 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clubboss View Post
    Attachment 34373

Time will tell
    So if he gets impeached we get Pence. Is he really going to be any better?

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    ......nope

Maybe better off transferring power over to Jeb Bush.

Auto correct does not like the name Jeb,it kept changing the name to Jen,I am beginning to wonder why my IPhone auto correct takes such a liberal stance when it comes to picking replacement words.

Bill Clinton escaped his impeachment by way of congress. I'm certain Trump will wriggle his way out the process as well. Oh, and yeah the Pence factor... uh.

Last edited by Zacha341; October-17-17 at 07:35 PM.

"Any increase in ObamaCare premiums is the fault of the Democrats for giving us a "product" that never had a chance of working."

From the deflector in chief's twitter. Playing the blame game once again. From here on, it's "Trumpcare".
    Last edited by Maof; October-17-17 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post

"Any increase in ObamaCare premiums is the fault of the Democrats for giving us a "product" that never had a chance of working."
    Did you get your $2,500 a year savings from obamacare or are you one of those that gets your health paid for by somebody else?

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    Did you get your $2,500 a year savings from obamacare or are you one of those that gets your health paid for by somebody else?
    The point is coracle, he signed executive order to "slowly dismantle OC". He may actually foresee it's not going to work therefore, that's on him. Is he ever going to stop acting like a teenage girl and stop blaming others and past administrations for his actions? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Maof; October-17-17 at 09:27 PM.

The point is coracle, he signed executive order to "slowly dismantle OC". He may actually foresee it's not going to work therefore, that's on him. Is he ever going to stop acting like a teenage girl and stop blaming others and past administrations for his actions? I don't think so.
    So I guess you didn’t get your $2,500 either and your healthcare IS paid for by somebody else.

As for your “...like a teenage girl...” anomaly, NO President’s physique ever fit that description more aptly than your obama [[especially running up and down aircraft ramps!; he would have looked good in a tutu).
    Last edited by coracle; October-18-17 at 10:24 AM.

As for your “...acting like a teenage girl...” anomaly, NO President’s physique ever fit that description more aptly than your obama [[especially running down aircraft ramps!).
    https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...AakjXO3HQ.jpeg

you're right.
    Last edited by Maof; October-18-17 at 12:25 PM.

It's just come to light that Trump and some of his team had Russian Dressing on their salads several times during the Primaries! Mueller, CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, ESPN et al are already on it. It’s the best lead they’ve had on collusion to date.
    Last edited by coracle; October-18-17 at 11:55 AM.

It's just come to light that Trump and some of his team had Russian Dressing on their salads several times during the Primaries! Mueller, CNN, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, ESPN et al are already on it. It’s the best lead they’ve had on collusion to date.
    I also heard from an un-named source that when President Trump was 6 he also walked by a bottle of Russian dressing while in the supermarket,more proof.

Senator Franken to Mr Sessions today,there was proof that the Russian collusion that put President in office was a fact.

2 Weeks ago in the press conference,one of the investigators clearly stated several times to the reporters that kept asking the same question,so he had to repeat it several times.

The Russians did not pick one candidate over another in their campaign,it was an unbiased propaganda attack.

It seems like it is becoming if one says something enough times they begin to believe it to be true and therefore fact.

The one thing that is clear,is if one is a nobody,then to get their 15 minutes of fame then all that is needed is a microphone and an anti Trump speech.

RT was staying pretty much unbiased for awhile,mainstream media started crying and trying to have them banned from the US media stream,kinda like do not do it to us but it is okay for us to do it to others,in a matter of 1 week it seems like RT has now jumped on the anti Trump bandwagon to gain points,180 turn just like that.
    Last edited by Richard; October-18-17 at 04:27 PM.

He should stencil "This machine kills fascists" on his guitar.

Oh, wait. That would brand him as Antifa, as too would it brand the entire United States as such during World War II.

That would be way too patriotic to achieve the hard right's approval. We must now limit our patriotism to their brand.

We can't feel patriotism for the United States unless it's first approved by the hard right [[seeing as they're so exclusive now) can we? Hmm?

Are these the new rules under which we must now live?
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-18-17 at 10:49 PM.

I would not necessarily say hard right,but we did try the medium left for the last eight years.

How did that work out?

Do you pay 100% out of pocket for your own health care costs?

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Do you pay 100% out of pocket for your own health care costs?
    Yes. I pay double digit thousands of dollars per year in Premiums and Deductables [[which we never use or exceed) and co-pays if we ever got to them. So I pay, pay, pay, just in case, and then somebody else gets the benefit; and I’m still waiting for your Obama’s $2,500 reduction. It’s called redistribution of health and the reversal of Darwin’s Survival of the Fitest. What about you?
    Last edited by coracle; October-19-17 at 08:04 PM.

From the deflector in chief's twitter. Playing the blame game once again. From here on, it's "Trumpcare".
    He's not wrong.

If Obama had used his bully pulpit to at least push for a public option [[let alone Single Payer Healthcare) and not cave to health industry donors or the Republicans, we wouldn't even be having this discussion right now [[and Trump likely wouldn't be president).
    Last edited by 313WX; October-19-17 at 07:36 PM.

He would be worse.

Trump's incompetence has stopped him from doing much of the evil shit people were fearmongering about during the election. Pence, on the other hand, is a very cunning politician and would likely get all of that evil shit done and more.
    Last edited by 313WX; October-19-17 at 07:36 PM.

Yes. I pay double digit thousands of dollars per year in Premiums and Deductables [[which we never use or exceed) and co-pays if we ever got to them. So I pay, pay, pay, just in case, and then somebody else gets the benefit
    If you are over ten thousand dollars a year in premiums and deductibles and aren't getting a benefit from it in terms of the value of the health care services you use, then might I ask why you even bother paying for health insurance AT ALL? Why not just go 100% out of pocket then?

No, I don't pay 100% out of pocket for my own health care. I have Tricare Reserve Select, which I pay a modest monthly premium for. I don't have a problem with that, nor do I have a problem with poor people getting subsidized health care. You are the one who seemingly, based on your vile political ideology, thinks that poor people deserve to die from treatable conditions if they can't pay for their own health care.

So I guess you didn’t get your $2,500 either and your healthcare IS paid for by somebody else.
    Obama repeatedly said that his [[un)ACA would reduce the average family's health care premiums $2,500/year when he was trying to sell it. Instead, "Average individual market premiums more than doubled from $2,784 per year in 2013 to $5,712 on Healthcare.gov in 2017 – an increase of $2,928 or 105%." That's a $5428 annual discrepancy between President Obama's repeated sales pitch and reality.

The [[un)ACA would have been in worse financial condition except President Obama used his pen to legislate executive funding orders to keep it alive. Not only was it sold with incorrect numbers but the [[un)ACA wasn't funded adequately either because its estimated cost was lowballed to get the thing past or miscalculated. Trump just ended Obama's unconstitutional executive legislation and correctly threw the mess back to Congress which is what Obama should have done. The ACA requires that subsidies be funded annually. Only Congress has the delegated power to provide funding.

Another option would be for at least one of the 14 states with Democratic governors and legislatures to create its own single payer plan that Democrats claim to want. [[crickets)
    Last edited by oladub; October-20-17 at 11:15 AM.

Page 17 of 207 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 67 117 ... LastLast