Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 158 of 207 FirstFirst ... 58 108 148 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 168 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 5151

Soooooooo Trump supporters. You know your local recruiting office is looking for a few good men, women and soldiers to fill their ranks right?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Soooooooo Trump supporters. You know your local recruiting office is looking for a few good men, women and soldiers to fill their ranks right?
    I'm pretty sure they all have bone spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Stylin View Post
    Sooooooo non Trump supporters you know there are a lot of supporters that already did and do support thier country in service.

Its the ones that haven’t that do not have a clue what it is like.

Kinda like Pelosi up there today wanting to do foreign policy on hopes and prayers and telling Iran that she has their back when it comes to neutering a presidents means to defend this country.

She does not have a clue that they could give a crap about her hope and prayers,they worship a different god and want to kill the ones that believe in ours.

I would like to see her go over there and have a prayer session with them.

The Iran army is no slouch,500,000 strong with advanced weaponry and their guard is well trained and religiously devoted to their leader.

They are no match still to the US but the reason they want us out of there,which I agree with,is because they want to control the Middle East.

They would have zero problem taking Saudi and most of the others but when desperate Pakistan and Israel will break out the nukes before surrendering.

Maybe that is best,turn the entire Middle East into a nuclear waste land and solve 2000 years of fighting,but then there is the whole millions dead and millions of refugees that one has to deal with in the aftermath.

What part of anybody related to Christianity or democracy must die is hard to understand,there is no middle ground.

You can go over there with Pelosi and have a prayer session with them while saving the world,just do not expect and Americans to risk their life saving you from your stupidity.

Or maybe do what Trump is suggesting and get the rest of the world involved so we can limit our liabilities.

People seem to think Hitler was a one of a kind knock off,there are a lot of people that have the same mentality and are running countries.
    Last edited by Richard; January-09-20 at 05:10 PM.

[[CNN) - Canada and Britain's leaders said Thursday that they have intelligence a Ukrainian airliner was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile.

The Ukrainian International Airlines [[UIA) flight PS752 came down just minutes after takeoff from Tehran on Wednesday local time, killing all 176 people on board, including dozens of Iranians and Canadians. The Boeing 737-800 was headed for Kiev, where 138 passengers were expected to take a connecting flight to Canada. Ukrainians, Swedes, Afghans, Germans and British nationals were also aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'm pretty sure they all have bone spurs.
    Very funny! Ha Ha. Medical deferments are part of conscription law. Taking deferments is like taking legal tax deductions. You aren't against that too are you? I'll bet that Trump even took took a exemption for each of his kids. The shame...

Speaking of conscription which you brought up, the draft is a form of involuntary servitude at least to any male who doesn't want to be drafted. The Supreme Court chose not to believe that forcing people to serve involuntarily had anything to do with the term "involuntary servitude".

When Republicans were the liberal party, Lincoln created the first draft although one could pay someone else to take his place if he had enough money. Since then, Wilson, and FDR started drafts and Jimmy Carter, whom I personally like, ordered draft registration to punish the Soviet Union for sending troops into Afghanistan. All Democrats. Harding and Nixon, both Republicans, ended the draft.

More recently, Democrats have supported the idea of expanding the draft to include women. Given the two choices of ending draft registration or expanding it to include women, Democrats tend to prefer the latter. my guess is that when their only daughter gets drafted and has to change her plans from attending Wellesley College to basic training at Fort Benning, some Democrats are going to go doctor shopping too.
    Last edited by oladub; January-10-20 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Very funny! Ha Ha. Medical deferments are part of conscription law. Taking deferments is like taking legal tax deductions.
    Sure, if the medical condition is legitimate and your dad didn't pay a doctor thousands of dollars to write a letter claiming you had a medical condition you did not in fact have just so you can avoid a draft. Oladub, do you take tax deductions that you aren't legally entitled to? Do you think the average working man at that time could afford to drop 5 or 10 grand into the lap of a doctor to give them a bogus diagnosis for draft evasion purposes?

When Republicans were the liberal party, Lincoln created the first draft although one could pay someone else to take his place if he had enough money. Since then, Wilson, and FDR started drafts and Jimmy Carter, whom I personally like, ordered draft registration to punish the Soviet Union for sending troops into Afghanistan. All Democrats. Harding and Nixon, both Republicans, ended the draft.
    Yup, Democrats LOVE the draft. That's why FDR enacted the draft, you know, because he loved the idea of drafting people against their will. It wasn't because there was a war or anything, let alone one involving the entire world... And it's interesting that although Democrats love the draft so much, it's been REPUBLICANS that have committed America to every single one of its major wars since Vietnam [[Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq).
    Last edited by aj3647; January-10-20 at 01:36 PM.

Curtsy definition: a woman's or girl's formal greeting.

Trump is accepting a gift from someone who is shorter. Obama is bowing. Obama is making a formal greeting. There's a difference. Apples to apples below-
    Attachment 39485
    You can cherry pick images all day long. Here's one of Trump SALUTING a North Korean general. WTF? If a general got a salute, I wonder what physical act he did for Kim...

^ and you wrote all of that without having a clue.

We are not in armed combat,Trump is CIC of the United States,the NK General is an officer in uniform and deserves respect as a military officer.

You do not even know if the general saluted first then offered his hand.

It kinda makes me wonder what physical acts you do on a Saturday night corner with the way you think.

That is a general of the army/Air Force and fleet admiral combined,so not considered a branch specific general in our terms.
    Last edited by Richard; January-10-20 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    [[CNN) - Canada and Britain's leaders said Thursday that they have intelligence a Ukrainian airliner was shot down by an Iranian surface-to-air missile.

The Ukrainian International Airlines [[UIA) flight PS752 came down just minutes after takeoff from Tehran on Wednesday local time, killing all 176 people on board, including dozens of Iranians and Canadians. The Boeing 737-800 was headed for Kiev, where 138 passengers were expected to take a connecting flight to Canada. Ukrainians, Swedes, Afghans, Germans and British nationals were also aboard.

Just hoping this is not retribution for an Iran Air airliner that was mistakenly downed by USS Vincennes in 1988. 290 people died in that tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Sure, if the medical condition is legitimate and your dad didn't pay a doctor thousands of dollars to write a letter claiming you had a medical condition you did not in fact have just so you can avoid a draft. Oladub, do you take tax deductions that you aren't legally entitled to? Do you think the average working man at that time could afford to drop 5 or 10 grand into the lap of a doctor to give them a bogus diagnosis for draft evasion purposes?
    I didn't suggest a "bogus" diagnosis. You should have seen the bus that came from Ann Arbor to the Fort Wayne draft physical and induction center as I did. Almost everyone was carrying folders presumably documentation that would be useful. Those of us who went to university knew more about medical and other deferments than small town white kids or blacks from Detroit. You didn't have to have an especially rich father bribing a doctor. Its the same as taking legitimate tax loopholes. That's why richer people hire accountants. There isn't anything illegal about it. Their is, however, a correlation between understanding and utilizing legal loopholes and wealth.

Yup, Democrats LOVE the draft. That's why FDR enacted the draft, you know, because he loved the idea of drafting people against their will. It wasn't because there was a war or anything, let alone one involving the entire world... And it's interesting that although Democrats love the draft so much, it's been REPUBLICANS that have committed America to every single one of its major wars since Vietnam [[Gulf War, Afghanistan, Iraq).
    I didn't suggest Democrats LOVEd the draft. My point was that Democrats instituted the draft under Wilson, FDR, and draft registration under Carter and are threatening to expand conscription to include women. Republicans Harding and Nixon ended the draft. Nixon greatly increased the pay scale to accomplish a volunteer army during the Vietnam war to do so. What could be more dictatorial than forcing people to fight in unpopular wars at low pay? Vote Democratic is you want to possibly remove the option of your own children determining what to do with their own bodies. That's a reference to the pro-choice cliche.

Why did you write "since Vietnam"? Let's include the the Korean war too [[Truman-D). We lost about 60,000 Americans in Vietnam. Johnson-[[D) started that war. Nixon-[[R) ended it. Another similar number of Vietnam Vets are said to have since committed suicide. Both undeclared wars were fought using conscription. Thanks, Democrats. You also seem to forget that Democrats, including Senators Clinton, Biden, and Kerry voted for Bush's Iraq War. Congress did give an authorization to get rid of Bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan. Mission accomplished. I don't know why we are still there. Clinton bombed Serbia for 83 days straight and Obama helped overthrow Khaddafi, the elected Ukraine government and attempted to overthrow Assad.

I notice that you still haven't supported a prompt removal of our troops from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq as I have - and now you you are nominally supporting conscription. I consider that a potentially lethal combination making future Hamburger Hills and more frivolous wars possible and possibly including women next time. I guess there are a number of things I don't like about aj's Amerika including the coup and a tolerance for involuntary servitude.

Yep! That's as bad as the Obama bowing guffaw!

Look at their expressions! Nutso, as Obama was viewed 'double-deep' bowing. I find it useless to cherry pick or carry water for political parties, peeps and persons. Both sides are so complicit in deceit and compromise, too often.

And can Trump EVER close his jacket? Does he not like buttons?

Side note: the Korean's really take their military hats to a new level in re. the large bowled shape and size. Goodness!

You can cherry pick images all day long. Here's one of Trump SALUTING a North Korean general. WTF? If a general got a salute, I wonder what physical act he did for Kim...

Last edited by Zacha341; January-12-20 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Just hoping this is not retribution for an Iran Air airliner that was mistakenly downed by USS Vincennes in 1988. 290 people died in that tragedy.
    What does that have to do with the price of a scud missile on the black market ?

It was a Ukrainian airliner filled with everybody but US citizens so why would they shoot it down as a act of retribution towards the US?

Technology has changed,civilian aircraft transponders identity different then military aircraft.

The FAA had warned US based aircraft not to fly over Iran,so they had to know in advance that there was an upcoming strike,the busiest airport in Iran with multiple flights leaving and it picks that plane to shoot down?

The plane was filled with ex pat Iranians visiting relatives and returning home,I am going with somebody picked the opportunity in order to teach those who they considered traitors that joined the western world a lesson.

If it had been an American airliner all hell would have broken loose,they knew exactly what they were doing.

If everybody else in the world was watching their missile radar track a civilian airliner from launch,they sure knew exactly what was going on.

You do know that there are Canadian special forces on the ground carrying out missions over there,right?

Maybe they just picked an airliner and counties that they knew would never react with force.

Not one But two SA-15 Missiles That track incoming threats and not outgoing and the operator has the option to cancel the launch.

If you were the operator sitting in that truck watching the screen it would be clear that the airliner originated from the airport and was going outbound,they watched it take off before “accidentally” pulling the trigger.
    Last edited by Richard; January-10-20 at 05:00 PM.

What does that have to do with the price of a scud missile on the black market ?

It was a Ukrainian airliner filled with everybody but US citizens so why would they shoot it down as a act of retribution towards the US?

Technology has changed,civilian aircraft transponders identity different then military aircraft.

The FAA had warned US based aircraft not to fly over Iran,so they had to know in advance that there was an upcoming strike,the busiest airport in Iran with multiple flights leaving and it picks that plane to shoot down?

The plane was filled with ex pat Iranians visiting relatives and returning home,I am going with somebody picked the opportunity in order to teach those who they considered traitors that joined the western world a lesson.

If it had been an American airliner all hell would have broken loose,they knew exactly what they were doing.

If everybody else in the world was watching their missile radar track a civilian airliner from launch,they sure knew exactly what was going on.

You do know that there are Canadian special forces on the ground carrying out missions over there,right?

Maybe they just picked an airliner and counties that they knew would never react with force.

Not one But two SA-15 Missiles That track incoming threats and not outgoing and the operator has the option to cancel the launch.

If you were the operator sitting in that truck watching the screen it would be clear that the airliner originated from the airport and was going outbound,they watched it take off before “accidentally” pulling the trigger.

Yes, the tracking equipment they had on the USS Vincennes was the latest tech, and the captain was a cowboy according to witnesses. You can tell it the way you want it but they shot down a plane with 290 innocent people on board with 2 missiles as well.

Yes, the tracking equipment they had on the USS Vincennes was the latest tech, and the captain was a cowboy according to witnesses. You can tell it the way you want it but they shot down a plane with 290 innocent people on board with 2 missiles as well.
    Not sure why you keep going on about that,it has zero to do with current Iranian actions and if you are so adamant about standing up for the Iranians,jump on a plane and join them in their cause without the comfort of protection that Canada offers you.

You seem as concerned about your fellow Canadians about as much as you do with the thousands of women and children getting hacked up with ethnic cleansing in Africa and the wars going on over there with guns supplied by Canada with zero restrictions on whose hands they fall into.

Nice try on the whole Iran shot the plane down out of retribution against the United States,when there were no Americans on board.

Okay let me go kick a Swedish person in the nuts because a Japanese guy hit on my girlfriend.

Maybe the guy pulled the trigger because Canadian Special forces took out his brother or sister and that was his retribution,you just do not know do you.
    Last edited by Richard; January-11-20 at 05:49 PM.

The U.S. paid Iran $61.8M for the lives of the 290 passengers lost in that crash. That works out to $213,103 per passenger. $100 of 1988 dollars equals $217.42 of 2020 dollars because of inflation. Iran would have to pay Canada $463,329 [[US) per Canadian lost in the Ukrainian plane the Iranians shot down to equal the amount per passenger Iran accepted from the United States in 1988.

I wonder how much Iran will compensate the families of its 56 citizens who were trampled to death in government organized demonstrations and the families of other Iranian citizens who were shot down in the Ukrainian plane.

Here's a deep fake that's as hilarious as it is creepy:

Trump Just Wants to Be #1
    Iran launched a retaliatory missile attack against US troops in Iraq while Trump was busy bragging about himself to Rush Limbaugh where he claimed he has wiped out ISIS [[he has not), and claimed he is #1 on Facebook [[he’s not). Meanwhile Republican Congressman Paul Gosar tweeted himself into a pickle with a fake photo, and before the ban of deep fakes takes effect on Facebook, we wanted to get one in under the wire, specifically Donald Trump on “Toddlers & Tiaras.”

Ukraine has launched a criminal investigation into associates of Donald J Trump after Giuliani associate Lev Parnas turned over evidence to Congress of a plot to illegally stalk and possibly harm the then-Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch:

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...hreats-against

The texts were between Parnas, who was acting as Giuliani's point man in Ukraine and a back-channel middleman between Giuliani/Trump and the Ukrainian Government, and Robert Hyde, a major Trump donor/supporter and Republican operative who is currently a GOP candidate for Congress in Connecticut.

In the messages, Hyde and Parnas discuss the need to "get rid of" Yovanovitch, they track her location and her security arrangements, and they discuss hiring men in Ukraine who would do things "for a price" in what very eerily sounds like something a bunch of mobsters on the Sopranos would say to each other when planning a mob hit.

Annnnnnd more bad news for Trump. The Government Accountability Office [[GAO) released a report concluding that the Trump Administration BROKE THE LAW by withholding funding to Ukraine that had been lawfully appropriated by Congress.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...lding-aid-from

Faithful execution of the law does not permit the President to substitute his own policy priorities for those that Congress has enacted into law," it continues. "OMB withheld funds for a policy reason, which is not permitted under the Impoundment Control Act [[ICA). The withholding was not a programmatic delay. Therefore, we conclude that OMB violated the ICA."

Now let's see if Republicans in the Senate actually give a fuck about enforcing the Constitution and holding the President accountable when he commits a crime.

A senior administration official on Thursday characterized the GAO report as an “overreach” and blasted the independent watchdog for getting involved “in the media's controversy of the day.”
    “In their rush to insert themselves in the impeachment narrative, maybe they'll have to reverse their opinion again," the senior administration official said, pointing to changes to earlier GAO opinions.

Like they say,opinions are like ...... everybody has one.

A senior administration official on Thursday characterized the GAO report as an “overreach” and blasted the independent watchdog for getting involved “in the media's controversy of the day.”
    “In their rush to insert themselves in the impeachment narrative, maybe they'll have to reverse their opinion again," the senior administration official said, pointing to changes to earlier GAO opinions.

Like they say,opinions are like ...... everybody has one.
    It wasn't an opinion, Richard. It was the definitive conclusion made by the one agency in the federal government that has independent oversight and auditing powers over federal spending, after they conducted an exhaustive investigation. Womp Womp.

Anyways, in other news, this is REALLY shaping up to be a bad day for Trump and Co...

FBI spotted at the home AND office of Trump donor and GOP Congressional candidate Robert Hyde, after he was implicated in the Ukraine scandal.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/polit...yde/index.html

Ukraine asks for FBI support to investigate Russian hacking of Burisma.
    https://thehill.com/policy/cybersecu...ussian-hack-on

Well it looks like Trump finally got his Ukrainian investigations, just not the ones he wanted...

Meanwhile, among the documents seized from Giualini associate Lev Parnas were documents showing that a quid pro quo existed, arranged directly by Rudy Giuliani, with corrupt Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuri Lutsenko in which he promises to open investigations into Joe and Hunter Biden if the Trump Administration removed US Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-step-by-step/

The U.S. Government Accountability Office [[GAO) is an independent, nonpartisan agency that works for Congress. Often called the "congressional watchdog," GAO examines how taxpayer dollars are spent and provides Congress and federal agencies with objective, reliable information to help the government save money and work more efficiently.

Imagine that,a non partisan agency that works for congress.

Given recent events one could speculate that congress is a bit on the partisan side,yes?

They are tasked with rooting out government waste in government contracts,not only are they out of thier realm on this,they of all organizations would or should understand the importance of knowing exactly where taxpayer dollars are going in foreign aid.

They say Trump had no authority to withhold funds approved by congress to the Ukraine but what if congress had been given wrong information in order to secure the funds.

Why would congress,at the time,approve funds to a country that was knee deep in fraud,with no restrictions or oversite?

That is like handing a drug addict a shot of heroin while telling him not to shoot it up.

So you have congress approving funds with no strings or guarantees on who’s pocket they will go in.

Then you have a president that says,hold off,this is taxpayers money and the taxpayer needs to have some guarantee that the funds will be spent accordingly.

That money is our money,congress had no right to give it to anybody with zero accountability to us.

But yet they want to impeach the president for doing the job they failed to do.

I guess that make sense to only them because they are working with free government money,so who cares.

AJ I notice you are gung ho investigating Trump even supporting the FBI spying on his campain ,but if he dares investigate fraud at the highest levels in the country they want him to go away,Funny how that works.
    Last edited by Richard; January-16-20 at 02:14 PM.

Saudi has reportedly cut a check for $500 million to cover the costs of US troops stationed there.

The current Iranian naval blockade and the use of US warships in order to keep the shipping lanes open,is done on a cost share basis where other countries involved are also cutting a check for our costs.

South Korea is also in negotiations for costs involved while the US military is there.

President Trump campaigned on if we are going to be the worlds police force then other countries need to step up to the plate and pay us.

It is nice having a non politician in the White House that is actually looking out for this countries tax dollars and actually doing what he said he was going to do.

Or maybe do what Trump is suggesting and get the rest of the world involved so we can limit our liabilities.

People seem to think Hitler was a one of a kind knock off,there are a lot of people that have the same mentality and are running countries.

Yes, nothing gets countries lined up to help like threatening to destroy another country's cultural sites.

I agree that Hitler knock offs run countries. one currently resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    Yes, nothing gets countries lined up to help like threatening to destroy another country's cultural sites.

I agree that Hitler knock offs run countries. one currently resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

You should take a ride in a boxcar heading for a shower,then you would possibly have an understanding of Hitler.

Not sure why people stoop so low as to refer to the current president as Hitler when if that was the case they would be dead already.

That is what you guys really long for,a nice dictatorship that makes all of your decisions for you and provides you with a nice cardboard box to sleep in free of charge.

Lucky for you there is a cure for TDS outside of re-education camps or death.
    Last edited by Richard; January-20-20 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post

I have been following this interesting thread since, ohhhh, what? 2016 or something? Full disclosure, I am a supporter of Trump. Better put, I am a supporter of anything or anyone that ... oh, forget it. But really, leapfrog? Hitler? You anti-Trumpers are fine and all. I even tolerate folks like AJ. He ... or SHE ... or goddam who knows WHAT, does make for some very compelling arguments. But really, making a direct comparison to Adolf Hitler?

I'm pretty well read and can speak to history and what resulted in the Third Reich, going all the way back to the dark ages, the ending of the Roman Empire, etc. And I have gone out of my way to find ANY similarities between DJT and Adolph Hitler and I can actually point to some similarities, mostly surrounding the Trump's ultra charismatic persona and ability to mesmerize and capture the imagination's of a "down-trodden" people. Touche.

But really... Trump is more similar to Winston Churchill so far as I can assess.

I would really be impressed that anyone who wants to make comparisons to the Reich, or more easily, the facts of the Weirmacht and rise of National Socialism, the rise of Communism, Fascism, the battles of the Roman Catholic Church, Lutherans, Industrialist's, artist's [[oh geez, THE ARTISTS!)...

Contrary to popular belief, guns were not the first thing that Adulous Hitler took away from the population. People need to study facts and it takes effort. In Nazi Germany, hunting rifles, ammunition, hand guns, etc, simply had to be registered with "The State" and you had to be a bona-fide member of a local hunting club, or law enforcement.

"You vill show your papers! IMEDDIATELY!"

So be careful people. I see absolutely no comparison between Donald Trump and Adolph Hitler.

Hitler actually had a long-term plan.

:-)

Just trying to enjoy being an America. We are, after all, fucking nuts.