Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 15 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast

With the Tweeting and the "off the cuff" remarks all the time, he has finally gotten what he's wanted all along: "The Trump Show"

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    With the Tweeting and the "off the cuff" remarks all the time, he has finally gotten what he's wanted all along: "The Trump Show"
    yes, he did...lol

Well now that Price is out, who's next up on the chopping block of the revolving door that is the Trump Administration?

My money is on Rex Tillerson.

All this, available in wonderful, gorgeous Trump-o-rama.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    Well now that Price is out, who's next up on the chopping block of the revolving door that is the Trump Administration?

My money is on Rex Tillerson.
    Yes, because he's "wasting his time negotiating". Don't piss Donnie off.

In yet another stunning example of "Trump being Trump", Trump tells disaster-stricken Puerto Ricans that he will eliminate their debt.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/1...esponse-243452

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/35...-debt-comments

”They owe a lot of money to your friends on Wall Street and we're going to have to wipe that out," Trump said during an interview with Fox News. "You can say goodbye to that."
    That sent bond markets in a tailspin and resulted in the White House IMMEDIATELY walking back Trump's promise.

Further muddling Trump’s position on the debt issue, Mick Mulvaney, the White House budget director, quickly contradicted Trump’s promise for loan forgiveness.

“We are not going to pay off those debts,” Mulvaney told Bloomberg News. “We are not going to bail out those bond holders.”

I honestly don't know how some of you can continue to defend this absolute moron. Now once again, for the umpteenth time, the grown ups in his Administration have to douse the fire he lit for seemingly no reason other than his brain "don't work so good."

People support him because he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do.

He said he was going to shake up Wall Street,he mentions it and the tears roll.

He said he was going to shake up congress,he does it and the tears roll.

The bond market has been playing games in PR for decades mafia style.

You have a power company stuck in the 1950s,You issue them $50,000,000 in bonds to improve the infrastructure,nothing improves,brown outs increase,so your answer is to issue another $50,000,000 and then 1 billion just disappears,poof,where did it go?

The bond holders who have been trying to take over the power company to privatize it offered to put up $1 billion to match a FEMA grant of $9 billion,for the power company alone.

That is a grant from FEMA not a loan,Imagine that ,the US mainland taxpayer provides a grant for 9 billion if the bond holder put up 1 billion,that is a nice return for the bond holders.

They are making 8 billion dollars off of a 1 billion dollar investment, that you are paying for,and President Trump is a moron?

The US taxpayers are the morons and providing thier own lube.

The whole country is a high stakes US mainland money washing machine for Wall Street,there are people in prison for a lot less.
    Last edited by Richard; October-04-17 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    People support him because he is doing exactly what he said he was going to do.
    Unlike the vagaries you mentioned, here are some actual specific verifiable concrete promises Trump made during the campaign:

-Build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it
    -Repeal Obamacare
    -Tax reform
    -Label China a "currency manipulator"
    -Move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
    -Pull us out of the Iran nuclear deal
    -Come up with a grand plan to defeat ISIS "within 30 days"
    -Impose tariffs on goods made in China and Mexico
    -Bring back manufacturing jobs

Yup, he's really running the board on things he said he would do.

Unlike the vagaries you mentioned, here are some actual specific verifiable concrete promises Trump made during the campaign:

-Build a wall and make the Mexicans pay for it
    -Repeal Obamacare
    -Tax reform
    -Label China a "currency manipulator"
    -Move the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
    -Pull us out of the Iran nuclear deal
    -Come up with a grand plan to defeat ISIS "within 30 days"
    -Impose tariffs on goods made in China and Mexico
    -Bring back manufacturing jobs

Yup, he's really running the board on things he said he would do.

Vauge is you saying President Trump is a moron because he caused the bond market to drop without looking at why.

But that is par to the course,you prefer to hand Wall Street 8 billion instead of applying it to public transportation,skills training,fixing public schools,and throw your fellow Americans under the bus just so you can display your distaste for the currant president.

You are aware that they are working on building the wall.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...os-cbp-2017-10

Everything else that you mentioned is being addressed,but you will not see it because you choose not to.

Most presidents fall short of their promises, down the line. Nothing new here.

Repubs who are angry about Trump doing so should remember that.

Promises meet hard realities, often. And some promises like pie crusts are made to be broken anyway.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-06-17 at 11:28 AM.

Vauge is you saying President Trump is a moron because he caused the bond market to drop without looking at why.
    He went to Puerto Rico and told a bunch of suffering people that he was going to wipe out their government debt. He lied...to their faces...right after a Hurricane destroyed their island.

Provide one good reason for doing that. Just one. Lied right to their faces in their time of greatest need. Why would he do that? What is wrong with his brain?

He does it because he likes adulation. He likes to tell people what they want to hear, in that moment. It doesn't matter to him that he's lying. He only wants the applause. Just like when he told you that was going to repeal Obamacare "on Day One." He just fed you the bullshit that he knew you wanted to hear so you would cheer him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Most presidents fall short of their promises, down the line. Nothing new here.

Repubs who are angry about Trump doing so should remember that.

Promises meet hard realities, often. And some promises like pie crusts are made to be broken anyway.
    ~70% of Trump's statements are either "mostly false", "false", or "pants on fire" lies.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/
    Last edited by aj3647; October-06-17 at 12:44 PM.

He went to Puerto Rico and told a bunch of suffering people that he was going to wipe out their government debt. He lied...to their faces...right after a Hurricane destroyed their island.

Provide one good reason for doing that. Just one. Lied right to their faces in their time of greatest need. Why would he do that? What is wrong with his brain?

He does it because he likes adulation. He likes to tell people what they want to hear, in that moment. It doesn't matter to him that he's lying. He only wants the applause. Just like when he told you that was going to repeal Obamacare "on Day One." He just fed you the bullshit that he knew you wanted to hear so you would cheer him on.

~70% of Trump's statements are either "mostly false", "false", or "pants on fire" lies.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Saying 70% of President Trump statements are false provided by a web site that was proven to provide false statements and fact checking.

http://www.truthwiki.org/politifact-com/

With the never ending moronic bluster storm from the White House, we now have a wait and see, [[calm before the storm), with a wink and a nod, concerning national military policy.

What? We now have puzzles to deal with this moron? As much as I dislike the V.P. Most Holy Rev. Mike Pence, it would be a VAST improvement to what we have now.

What a cluster f**k !

Last edited by Bigb23; October-06-17 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    With the never ending moronic bluster storm from the White House, we now have a wait and see, [[calm before the storm), with a wink and a nod, concerning national military policy.

What? We now have puzzles to deal with this moron? As much as I dislike the V.P. Most Holy Rev. Mike Pence, it would be a VAST improvement to what we have now.

What a cluster f**k !

He knows you and all the other democrat losers are sitting out there on their asses waiting for their hatred to be fed, so he's playing with your minds, and laughing at you; as all his supporters are.

I do agree though that 7+ years from now Mike Pence will be a very credible and obvious successor to continue to Keep America Great Again, and you all can feed your hatred off him.

As for your snide caricature of Pence as a "Most Holy Rev" you might want to consider your own recently defunct emir obama.
    Last edited by coracle; October-07-17 at 01:51 PM.

He could be like the other president and publicly say,okay,at exactly 2:45 est on Tuesday we are going to go over there and punch the guy in the mouth.

He at that very least is connected to the public daily,schedule posted daily of meetings etc.

Is it better that he keeps quiet and lets everybody know what is happening after the fact?

It would probably make life easier,going on about something that already happened verses what may or may not happen.

You guys forced this technology on us older folk and then get mad when it is used.
    Last edited by Richard; October-07-17 at 02:02 PM.

He could be like the other president and publicly say,okay,at exactly 2:45 est on Tuesday we are going to go over there and punch the guy in the mouth.

He at that very least is connected to the public daily,schedule posted daily of meetings etc.

Is it better that he keeps quiet and lets everybody know what is happening after the fact?

It would probably make life easier,going on about something that already happened verses what may or may not happen.

You guys forced this technology on us older folk and then get mad when it is used.
    Speak for yourself about technology being "forced on" "us older folks". You may be a Luddite, but I'm not; I went and got my degree in Information Systems in my 40's and have been using it for nearly 20 yrs now.
    As for getting mad when it is used, I think you forgot the word "properly" when it comes to 45. And his keeping quiet about the possibility of nuclear war being sprung on us certainly doesn't make MY life easier.

Saying 70% of President Trump statements are false provided by a web site that was proven to provide false statements and fact checking.

http://www.truthwiki.org/politifact-com/
    To cite TruthWiki to claim Politifact is untrustworthy is beyond hilarious.

From Slate:

"It's hard to overstate the unreliability of TruthWiki, a haphazard collection of conspiracy theories and pseudoscientific nonsense riddled with typos and bizarre assertions."

[[I take it you don't care about the typos.)

TruthWiki is one of dozens of fake news sites peddled by wacko conspiracy theorist Mike Adams. Who is Mike Adams? According to the Genetic Literacy Project:

"Adams is an ardent anti-technology, conspiracy theory promoting pro-organic advocate who claims biotechnology scientists ‘are the most despicable humanoids to walk the face of this planet’ and that they promote corporate ‘junk science’ and are anti-human. He has promoted such causes as AIDS denialism, 9/11 truther conspiracies, Barack Obama citizenship ‘birther’ claims and is believer in ‘dangerous’ chemtrails and vaccines. He aligns himself with President Trump, portraying the ‘mainstream press’ as purveyors of fake news in an attempt to suppress truth tellers, like himself, and has emerged as a rising star in the alt-right movement."

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/g...ience-website/

And who is the Genetic Literacy Project? Tell us if you can find any fault:

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/m...-governorship/

There's a local angle. Adams has gone after an esteemed professor at Wayne State:

Natural News’ Mike Adams libelously attacks Science-Based Medicine’s David Gorski
    https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...-david-gorski/

You know what, I take it back. Your nonsense and ludicrous sources are not hilarious. They would be were it not for the dead certainty and annoying frequency with which you constantly express untruths. You're free to do it. But it's not funny. It's just plain sad. And this post notwithstanding, it's probably best ignored.

How is it that during a time of such unprecedented access to information some people choose to live in such darkness?
    Last edited by bust; October-07-17 at 05:02 PM.

^^^^^^^
    Not funny as you say, bust; but the bit about bad spelling cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    To cite TruthWiki to claim Politifact is untrustworthy is beyond hilarious.

From Slate:

"It's hard to overstate the unreliability of TruthWiki, a haphazard collection of conspiracy theories and pseudoscientific nonsense riddled with typos and bizarre assertions."

[[I take it you don't care about the typos.)

TruthWiki is one of dozens of fake news sites peddled by wacko conspiracy theorist Mike Adams. Who is Mike Adams? According to the Genetic Literacy Project:

"Adams is an ardent anti-technology, conspiracy theory promoting pro-organic advocate who claims biotechnology scientists ‘are the most despicable humanoids to walk the face of this planet’ and that they promote corporate ‘junk science’ and are anti-human. He has promoted such causes as AIDS denialism, 9/11 truther conspiracies, Barack Obama citizenship ‘birther’ claims and is believer in ‘dangerous’ chemtrails and vaccines. He aligns himself with President Trump, portraying the ‘mainstream press’ as purveyors of fake news in an attempt to suppress truth tellers, like himself, and has emerged as a rising star in the alt-right movement."

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/g...ience-website/

And who is the Genetic Literacy Project? Tell us if you can find any fault:

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/m...-governorship/

There's a local angle. Adams has gone after an esteemed professor at Wayne State:

Natural News’ Mike Adams libelously attacks Science-Based Medicine’s David Gorski
    https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2...-david-gorski/

You know what, I take it back. Your nonsense and ludicrous sources are not hilarious. They would be were it not for the dead certainty and annoying frequency with which you constantly express untruths. You're free to do it. But it's not funny. It's just plain sad. And this post notwithstanding, it's probably best ignored.

How is it that during a time of such unprecedented access to information some people choose to live in such darkness?
    http://www.politifactbias.com/?m=1

There you go,a bunch more for you to debunk ^
    Last edited by Richard; October-08-17 at 08:22 AM.

Speak for yourself about technology being "forced on" "us older folks". You may be a Luddite, but I'm not; I went and got my degree in Information Systems in my 40's and have been using it for nearly 20 yrs now.
    As for getting mad when it is used, I think you forgot the word "properly" when it comes to 45. And his keeping quiet about the possibility of nuclear war being sprung on us certainly doesn't make MY life easier.

We have had the the possibility of having a nuclear war dumped on us sense the end of world war 2 ,you are just now thinking about the possibility?

My only fear of nuclear war is a certain segment of the population starting one just so they can say they were right about their hatred towards a certain president

The ones blinded by that hatred are far more of a threat to this country then ,Russia,Korea or any other threats outside of our borders.
    Last edited by Richard; October-08-17 at 08:31 AM.

We have had the the possibility of having a nuclear war dumped on us sense the end of world war 2 ,you are just now thinking about the possibility?

My only fear of nuclear war is a certain segment of the population starting one just so they can say they were right about their hatred towards a certain president

The ones blinded by that hatred are far more of a threat to this country then ,Russia,Korea or any other threats outside of our borders.
    The problem is the only segment of the population enabled to start a nucular [[sic) war is one individual. his name is Trump.

People act like all of this stuff just appeared,the media has been a propaganda machine from day one.

I think what has changed is the amount of outsourcing verses actual inhouse reporting,it seems to bring more of opinion based slant according to who is doing the reporting and what their personal views are.

In my lifetime anyways I do not think their has been a president elect on any side that has not promised advancing personal wealth and jobs in order to gain support,but yet we continue the downward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    The problem is the only segment of the population enabled to start a nucular [[sic) war is one individual. his name is Trump.
    He cannot though,he needs congressional approval,it is not like he can be sitting on the sofa and push the button.

There is a whole system of checks and balances in place for exactly that reason,it is not like e can just turn the key and push the button,it is I bit more involved then that.

He does not exactly have enough support on both sides to do that.

For some to create the drama of they are going to wake up in the morning with nukes raining down on them is ludicrous,almost as bad as desperately trying to belittle and name calling in post replies.
    Last edited by Richard; October-08-17 at 11:02 AM.

Richard [[post375), Only Congress is given the power to declare wars. However, the War Powers Resolution muddies that mandate. "It provides that the U. S President can send U.S Armed forces into action abroad only by declaration of war by Congress, "statutory authorization," or in case of "a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces." I'm don't know what "statutory authorization" is or how it could possibly be consistent with only Congress having the exclusive Constitutional power to declare wars. The War Powers Resolution hasn't seemed to restrained recent presidents, including Trump, from bombing numerous countries that have not attacked us.
    Last edited by oladub; October-08-17 at 11:32 AM.

Page 15 of 207 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 65 115 ... LastLast