Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 132 of 207 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 142 182 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    That's not my commentary, that's the title of the article. I think the author explained his assessment well.

But I'll try to add my own opinion.

No one questions the strategic value of Greenland.

It was beyond foolish for Trump to have portrayed the idea as a "real estate deal" and to have characterized Greenland not as an asset, but as a liability that "hurts Denmark very badly". He acted as if we'd be doing Denmark a favor to take it off their hands. That was some clumsy swagger.

What was idiotic was how he handled the Danish Prime Minister's rejection. As explained in the article, Denmark is not only a reliable NATO ally, it is among the US' "9-Eyes" countries who share intelligence against common enemies, and it permits a large US military base of huge strategic importance on Greenland [[they said no both to Russia and to China when they asked for the same).

Like an insolent child unable to accept his flirtations were rejected, he had a tantrum and stormed off, kicking the dirt along the way. Hardly a way to treat a Queen, especially one that is a proven ally. His ego was hurt, and that's all that matters to him, so he put everything else at risk.

He even had the nerve to pout how the Danish prime minister is "nasty" and didn't treat him nicely. That comes from a man who can't go a day without gleefully hurling personal insults on Twitter, before the cameras, and in person. He has no self-awareness.

Immoral? I wouldn't go that far this time. But he has given us countless other examples of that.

Yes, Greenland is very strategically important. Trump just massively F'd that up.
    Yes, that is the title of the article that is not substantiated in the article. As such, the title qualifies as false news. Trump's biggest mistake here was mentioning his proposal before actually meeting with the Danish Prime Minister. He should have expected that any proposal he publicly makes is ridiculed. Trump and the Danish Prime Minister were both undiplomatic.

Truman offered $100M for Greenland but somehow Truman isn't ridiculed for the same idea. After all, the Gadsden Purchase, the Mexican Concession, the Louisiana Purchase and Alaska were all purchased. Even if Denmark was willing to sell Greenland, China might have offered more money. After all, China benefitted from a $419B lopsided balance of trade last year.

Some of you here may be familiar with TVOntario; the educational broadcaster owned by the province of Ontario.

On my FB feed this morning, the host of their lead public policy analysis show "The Agenda" with Steve Paikan decided to share a story from his vacation this summer.

One in which he met 3 Americans from Michigan [[Husband, Wife, Daughter) who voted Trump in the last election, and he engaged them in a chat. Here is the link:

https://www.tvo.org/article/talking-...KMbaVdFcnNv6NU
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; August-27-19 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Some of you here may be familiar with TVOntario; the educational broadcaster owned by the province of Ontario.

On my FB feed this morning, the host of their lead public policy analysis show "The Agenda" with Steve Paikan decided to share a story from this vacation this summer.

One in which he met 3 Americans from Michigan [[Husband, Wife, Daughter) who voted Trump in the last election, and he engaged them in a chat. Here is the link:

Thanks for that. Perspectives rarely seen can be eye opening.

I wish he had asked them what they think of people who scapegoat. Also, what they think of people who depict others in ideospheres devoid of self-depiction of/by those others.

On my FB feed this morning, the host of their lead public policy analysis show "The Agenda" with Steve Paikan decided to share a story from his vacation this summer.

I get TVO on Comcast and watch it a fair amount; have seen The Agenda, but not this episode. Thanks for the link. I'll watch when I get home.

It reminds me of the YouTube videos where anti Trump supporters were interviewed about t
    his policies and they did not even know what they were.

The candidates currently running are all also on record while standing in front of.
    crowds telling them that there is no way Trump will ever make president,just as a train load of news broadcasters and so called experts.

One wonders if the kickback is based on a level of embarrassment and the channeling
    of.

I could probably find a group of non trump supporters and write an opinion piece .

When you look for reasons to not understand why he is there,that is what you will find .
    What is the point of interviewing somebody for the sole reason of breaking down how they feel,it proves that many learned nothing in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Thanks for that. Perspectives rarely seen can be eye opening.

I wish he had asked them what they think of people who scapegoat. Also, what they think of people who depict others in ideospheres devoid of self-depiction of/by those others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcole
    I get TVO on Comcast and watch it a fair amount; have seen The Agenda, but not this episode. Thanks for the link. I'll watch when I get home.
    You're both welcome.

Jcole, this bit is not an episode, its from Mr. Paikan's blog on the show website [[written piece)

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'm not familiar with TVOntario, but we still get channel 9 in Detroit.

I raised the issue of mass shootings, which now seem to be a daily feature of American life.

“I agree with you there,” he said. “There’s no need for any private citizen to own an AR-15 rifle. That’s just wrong.”
    This surprised me.

Careful what your friends post on facebook. It could get you deported.

https://www.thecrimson.com/article/2...hman-deported/

======

I can't fathom why they would do this. It's just cruel.

https://time.com/5662256/trump-immig...-medical-care/

[COLOR=rgba[[0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]Mariela Sanchez, a native of Honduras who recently applied for the special exemption, said a denial would amount to a death sentence for her 16-year-old son, Jonathan, who suffers from cystic fibrosis. They are among many families who settled in Boston to seek care at some of the nation’s top hospitals.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgba[[0, 0, 0, 0.952941)]Sanchez, who arrived in the U.S. with her family in 2016, said she lost a daughter to the same disease years ago after doctors in her home country failed to diagnose it.

I wonder who is paying for this and what happens when the amount of illegals settling in Boston for free healthcare overwhelms the financials of the hospital and they have to shut the door like many across to country have.

There is no country in the world that a US citizen can illegally enter and receive free healthcare.

My Mother was misdiagnosed at one of the most reputable hospitals in the country over a period of 20 years and it caused her life.

Doctors make mistakes,local is irrelevant.

Honduras and many other Latin American lease doctors from Cuba and thier skill level is equal to the US,in addition to the many US doctors.

Honduras has free healthcare for its citizens provided by the ministry of health even though it is collapsing under the usual problems of paying for.

So she could have received free treatment in her country provided by equally qualified doctors,but she chooses to use her children as a tool in order to gain entry into the United States.
    [/COLOR]

^ sorry about the color coding insert,it does not allow to edit.

Pop up box says message is to short please,shorten the message by 10 characters.

If it is to short why ask to shorten it more.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ...If it is to short why ask to shorten it more.
    Try growing a third neuron. It will double your IQ.
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-27-19 at 10:18 PM.

Fixed that
    Mariela Sanchez, a native of Honduras who recently applied for the special exemption, said a denial would amount to a death sentence for her 16-year-old son, Jonathan, who suffers from cystic fibrosis. They are among many families who settled in Boston to seek care at some of the nation’s top hospitals.
    Sanchez, who arrived in the U.S. with her family in 2016, said she lost a daughter to the same disease years ago after doctors in her home country failed to diagnose it.

I wonder who is paying for this and what happens when the amount of illegals settling in Boston for free healthcare overwhelms the financials of the hospital and they have to shut the door like many across to country have.

There is no country in the world that a US citizen can illegally enter and receive free healthcare.

My Mother was misdiagnosed at one of the most reputable hospitals in the country over a period of 20 years and it caused her life.

Doctors make mistakes,local is irrelevant.

Honduras and many other Latin American lease doctors from Cuba and thier skill level is equal to the US,in addition to the many US doctors.

Honduras has free healthcare for its citizens provided by the ministry of health even though it is collapsing under the usual problems of paying for.

So she could have received free treatment in her country provided by equally qualified doctors,but she chooses to use her children as a tool in order to gain entry into the United States.

^^^ It was probably paid for by one of many humanitarian organizations that bring people over to the US and other countries for specialized surgery or treatment and then return them to their homes after all the treatment necessary is completed. They do it fairly frequently with children with cleft palate’s or other facial abnormalities and a number of other diseases. And anyway what kind of a heartless scumbag would deport children With cancer so that they can’t have treatment? It’s a death sentence to deport them.
    Last edited by jcole; August-27-19 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby_ View Post
    I can't fathom why they would do this. It's just cruel.

It's rough on illegal non-citizens who come here expecting free medical care. It's a matter of life and death in some cases. However, the number of illegal non-citizens delivering babies and otherwise getting free medical care along the border have deprived American citizens from receiving medical care too. "Approximately 20 rural hospitals in Texas have been shuttered since 2013. Seventy-five more are at risk of closing down" because of the large number of uninsured illegal non-citizens. It's rough on Americans too when their local hospital shuts down. The Time article mentions that the Hondurans[COLOR=rgba[[0, 0, 0, 0.952941)] "are among many families who settled in Boston to seek care at some of the nation’s top hospitals".[/COLOR]

Texas should bus its chronically ill Texan patients to Boston because the nations' top hospitals there are giving away free medical care. The cruelty in the system is that there is not enough money allocated for health care for Americans and veterans let alone foreigners who show up hoping for free health care. Do we triage and put Americans to the head of the line? All 10 Democratic candidates at the May 28 debate raised their hand affirmatively when asked if they supported providing health to illegal non-citizens.

jcole - thanks for fixing it.

If it was paid for by the humanitarian organization they would have received a clearance on thier visa and not be deportable until the medical issue is resolved.

If she gained entry based on medical,if she came here illegally then it is a different story,regardless of what it reads they still get a hearing where a judge reviews the case,he or she can modify accordingly.

Most big cities have volunteer lawyers that are pretty good at what they do and can drag a deportation order out up to ten years.

They get a deportation order,which give them a chance to lawyer up,then a finial order of deportation

The judges make those determinations,not Trump,Not border patrol,border patrol is the police that enforces the judges orders,just like in our courts,judge issues a warrant,police picks you up.

Even all the ones that were rounded up on the last job thing will go through a judge first,families are cut a lot of slack and always have,if they have legal family in the US then it also helps.If they did not commit a crime or have already received a finial deportation order,then they all go through a process that determines the outcome.

They have the same level of health care for free in thier country,my wife had a double mastectomy from cancer in Columbia.But she had to be in Bogata,heavy chemo 3 days a week for 1 year.

The only difference in thier healthcare system in Latin America is,it is not as widespread as in the states,rural is just basic medicines or like a first aid station,anything over that they have to go to a major city.

This whole thing is about people haveing babies for automatic citizenship and then useing the baby that cannot even walk or talk yet to apply for citizenship.

There is a lot of drama in all of this when the simple thing to do is for everybody to sit down and fix the broken immigration system.

I wish we could take them all to Gitmo and waterboard them until they fix it so we can move on in taking care of our people that need help.
    Last edited by Richard; August-28-19 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Try growing a third neuron. It will double your IQ.
    The little pop up box clearly is not paying attention to me if it is telling me my message is to short

I should screen shot it so the next person that tells me that my post is to long,I can provide proof that somewhere out there somebody agrees with me.

Even if it is just a box.
    Last edited by Richard; August-27-19 at 11:50 PM.

While we are on the topic of immigration and the need to fix the system,there is a little element of it that does not get media coverage and is very hard to enforce.

Sham marriages

How it works is,you find a single guy that makes at or above the minimum poverty level and can provide two years of W2 forms.

That is your state contact or husband,he gets $3500 for his trouble.

The wife pays a fee ranging from $50,000 to $100,000 for the marriage and chance at a green card though marriage to a US citizen.

That is for the women,men mostly from the middle east just pay cash,usually $25,000,it okay though as a US citizen woman you do not live or sleep with the guy it is strictly a business arrangement.

For the women mostly Russian and Chinese,it is a different story,if they do not have the $50,000 then they can work it off with interest.

They really need to be kept in close control because you have an investment in them,so take their passport and anything that identifies them,in order to make the most money you have to cut overhead,so they can sleep at the warehouse or nail salon,and you take them out in groups to the party,the Russians like to use them in sleazy strip clubs where they pull double duty,dance and lay down all night.

They have a debt to pay so the bare minimum to survive and even that is added to their tab.I guess what drives them is the powerful will to be in the united states,they have to survive their 5 years or so of servitude,some do not,they commit suicide when they cannot take it anymore.

Nobody cares if they do,nobody knows they did it,it is just poof gone into thin air.

For the US guys,they got paid thier $3500,no touching the merchandise,she has a debt to pay,you want to play you have to pay.

You see reports of sex slave rings being broken up,but this is different,it is exploiting a legal system that is ill funded and ill prepared to address,and low on the enforcement radar.

Not because they do not know about it,it is because there are so many holes in the system they cannot possibly plug them all.

We are not talking about one or two women,it is a multi billion dollar industry.

They do not have a voice,if they speak out thier family back home pays the price with thier life,so they keep quiet and do what they are expected to do.Pay the debt.

illegals have a voice,they have a system in place to protect them,they have congress men and women screaming in a loud voice for them.

But nobody wants to talk about the underbelly of immigration that nobody sees because they do not have a voice,they are not heard.

Try and keep that in mind when we discuss immigration and cutting ICE and the big bad border patrol,because they are the only hope that those women have,but we will not let them hear that voice.

I am not some special person with intimate knowledge into the underworld,it is known about,but nothing can be done as it stands.

Immigration is a massive and complex set of words written on a set of paper binders and goes off into hundreds of directions.

When we get caught up in the dramatics of it without finding a resolution all we are doing is buying more time for some while decreasing time for others ending up with a zero sum game.nobody wins.

That is just the in country organized part,we can discuss the small players that just deal with 50 women or less,or hooking in America,cartel style where they are sold a dream and end up dreaming permanently when they are used up.That will be chapter two,but the problem there is even the organized side of it does not know the extent that entails.
    Last edited by Richard; August-28-19 at 01:16 AM.

I'm pasting this article from today's WaPo since there were problems with a link I posted yesterday.

I'm curious to know what others think of this. Trump supporters: Do you advocate breaking the law? Do the ends justify the means? Do two wrongs make a right?

IMO this is more evidence of Trump's stupidity, shallowness, ignorance, and lawlessness. He's unconstrained by ethics and morality. It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can support this man.

Obviously people in the white house are alarmed, or they wouldn't leak this story. Since the Army Corp of Engineers is responsible for this project they should refuse this illegal order. In fact, officers have a duty to disobey illegal orders and are subject to court martial if they do not.

‘Take the land’: President Trump wants a border wall. He wants it black. And he wants it by Election Day.

By
    Nick MiroffJosh Dawsey
    washingtonpost.com
    10 min

View Original

President Trump is so eager to complete hundreds of miles of border fence ahead of the 2020 presidential election that he has directed aides to fast-track billions of dollars’ worth of construction contracts, aggressively seize private land and disregard environmental rules, according to current and former officials involved with the project.
    He also has told worried subordinates that he will pardon them of any potential wrongdoing should they have to break laws to get the barriers built quickly, those officials said.
    Trump has repeatedly promised to complete 500 miles of fencing by the time voters go to the polls in November 2020, stirring chants of “Finish the Wall!” at his political rallies as he pushes for tighter border controls. But the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has completed just about 60 miles of “replacement” barrier during the first 2½ years of Trump’s presidency, all of it in areas that previously had border infrastructure.

The president has told senior aides that a failure to deliver on the signature promise of his 2016 campaign would be a letdown to his supporters and an embarrassing defeat. With the election 14 months away and hundreds of miles of fencing plans still in blueprint form, Trump has held regular White House meetings for progress updates and to hasten the pace, according to several people involved in the discussions.
    When aides have suggested that some orders are illegal or unworkable, Trump has suggested he would pardon the officials if they would just go ahead, aides said. He has waved off worries about contracting procedures and the use of eminent domain, saying “take the land,” according to officials who attended the meetings.
    “Don’t worry, I’ll pardon you,” he has told officials in meetings about the wall.
    “He said people expected him to build a wall, and it had to be done by the election,” one former official said.
    Asked for comment, a White House official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said Trump is joking when he makes such statements about pardons.
    Deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley said Tuesday that the president is protecting the country with the addition of new border barriers.
    “Donald Trump promised to secure our border with sane, rational immigration policies to make American communities safer, and that’s happening everywhere the wall is being built,” Gidley said. He called internal criticisms of the president “just more fabrications by people who hate the fact the status quo, that has crippled this country for decades, is finally changing as President Trump is moving quicker than anyone in history to build the wall, secure the border and enact the very immigration policies the American people voted for.”
    “President Trump is fighting aggressively for the American people where other leaders in the past have rolled over, sold out, and done absolutely nothing,” he said.

Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper is expected to approve a White House request to divert $3.6 billion in Pentagon funds to the barrier project in coming weeks, money that Trump sought after lawmakers refused to allocate $5 billion. The funds will be pulled from Defense Department projects in 26 states, according to administration officials who, like others, spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the matter.

Trump’s determination to build the barriers as quickly as possible has not diminished his interest in the aesthetic aspects of the project, particularly the requirement that the looming steel barriers be painted black and topped with sharpened tips.
    In a meeting at the White House on May 23, Trump ordered the Army Corps and the Department of Homeland Security to paint the structure black, according to internal communications reviewed by The Washington Post.
    Administration officials have stopped trying to talk him out of the demands, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is preparing to instruct contractors to apply black paint or coating to all new barrier fencing, the communications show.

Trump conceded last year in an immigration meeting with lawmakers that a wall or barrier is not the most effective mechanism to curb illegal immigration, recognizing it would accomplish less than a major expansion of U.S. enforcement powers and deportation authority. But he told lawmakers that his supporters want a wall and that he has to deliver it.

Trump talked about the loud cheers the wall brought at rallies, according to one person with direct knowledge of the meeting.
    Former White House chief of staff John F. Kelly would often tell administration officials to disregard the president’s demands if Kelly did not think they were feasible or legally sound, according to current and former aides.

During a conference call last week, officials at U.S. Customs and Border Protection told Army Corps engineers that the hundreds of miles of fencing must be completed before the next presidential election, according to administration officials with knowledge of the call who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal communications.
    “Border Patrol insists on compressed acquisition timelines, and we consent. Their goal is to get contracts awarded, not for us to get a quality contract with a thoroughly vetted contractor,” said one senior official who is concerned the agency has been hurried to hand out contracts as quickly as possible.
    Military officials expect more contract protests because the arrangements have been rushed, the official added. The Army Corps already has had to take corrective actions for two procurement contracts, after companies protested.
    The companies building the fencing and access roads have been taking heavy earth-moving equipment into environmentally sensitive border areas adjacent to U.S. national parks and wildlife preserves, but the administration has waived procedural safeguards and impact studies, citing national security concerns.
    “They don’t care how much money is spent, whether landowners’ rights are violated, whether the environment is damaged, the law, the regs or even prudent business practices,” the senior official said.
    CBP has suggested no longer writing risk-assessment memos “related to the fact that we don’t have real estate rights and how this will impact construction,” the official said.
    While Trump has insisted that the barriers be painted, the cost of painting them will reduce the length of the fence the government will be able to build. According to the internal analysis, painting or coating 175 miles of barriers “will add between $70 million and $133 million in cost,” trimming the amount of fencing the Army Corps will be able to install by four to seven miles.

In June, teams of U.S. soldiers painted a one-mile section of fence in Calexico, Calif., at a cost of $1 million. The coating, known as “matte black” or “flat black,” absorbs heat, making the fence hot to the touch, more slippery and therefore tougher to climb, according to border agents.

At Trump’s behest, the Army Corps also is preparing to instruct contractors to remove from the upper part of the fence the smooth metal plates that are used to thwart climbers. The president considered that design feature unsightly, according to officials familiar with his directives.
    Instead, contractors have been asked to cut the tips of the steel bollards to a sharpened point. Trump had told aides this spring he thought the barrier should be spiked to instill a fear of injury.
    The change in the bollard design is likely to reduce the overall length of the barrier by two to three miles, according to the administration’s cost assessments.
    CBP has used a pointed design in the past, according to agency officials, either by installing a pyramid-shaped cap or making what the agency refers to as a “miter cut” in the metal.
    Trump remains keen to tout incremental progress toward his wall-building commitments, and in recent weeks, top Homeland Security officials have taken to Twitter to promote the advances.

In recent days, DHS leaders including acting CBP chief Mark Morgan and the top official at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Ken Cuccinelli, have tweeted photos of border fence construction, echoing promises that 450 miles of new barrier will be completed by next year. Another senior administration official credited both men with injecting urgency, saying that “things are starting to crank away,” even though Cuccinelli’s agency is not involved in the project.
    Dan Scavino Jr., the White House social media director, has asked for video footage and photos of equipment digging up the desert and planting the barriers so that administration officials can tweet about it, aides said.
    Administration officials involved in the project also defended the president’s use of eminent domain laws to speed the process.
    “There is no more constitutionally permissible public purpose for eminent domain than national defense,” said a current administration official who was not authorized to speak on the record about the contracting process.
    “Our intention is to negotiate with every property owner, and every property owner will receive fair market value for the land,” the official said. “But the land that is needed is not replaceable land. This is not like building a hospital or even a school. There is no alternative land to the border.”
    CBP and Pentagon officials insist they remain on track to complete about 450 miles of fencing by the election. Of that, about 110 miles will be added to areas where there is currently no barrier. The height of the structure will vary between 18 and 30 feet, high enough to inflict severe injury or death from a fall.
    The Border Patrol’s strategic planning and analysis office has not made a final decision on the black paint or other White House design requests .
    “Ultimately, we’ll do our assessment and determine what is the best for us operationally,” said Brian Martin, the office’s chief, adding that the agency is waiting to get border agents’ feedback on whether the coating would be beneficial.
    Martin also said CBP would continue to install anti-climb panels on portions of the barrier already under contract, calling the design “very vital to overall effectiveness.” But he and other CBP officials said that some new portions of barriers will have the panels and that others will not, a determination that he said will be guided by necessity, not aesthetics.

Trump has recently urged the Army Corps to award a contract to a company he favors, North Dakota-based Fisher Industries, though the firm has not been selected. Fisher has been aggressively pushed by Trump ally Sen. Kevin Cramer [[R-N.D.), who briefly held up the confirmation of a Trump budget office nominee last month in an attempt to put pressure on the Army Corps.
    Cramer demanded to see the contracts awarded to Fisher’s competitors, lashing out at the “arrogance” of the Army Corps in emails to military officials after he was told the bidding process involved proprietary information that could not be shared. The CEO of Fisher Industries is a major backer of Cramer and has donated to his campaigns.
    [These photos show private border barriers being built on private land]
    Cramer visited the El Paso area Tuesday to tour border facilities and view a span of privately funded border fencing Fisher built as a showcase for what it claims are superior construction techniques. Cramer posted videos of his tour to social media. He undertook the tour “to see the crisis at our border firsthand.”
    The senator had asked Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the commander of the Army Corps, to meet him at the site, but Semonite is traveling in Brazil, where the Trump administration has offered to help fight wildfires in the Amazon.
    In an email to The Post, Cramer said he met with CEO Tommy Fisher on Tuesday at a span of fencing the company built on private land; he said Army Corps officials joined them at the site.
    “The agents on the ground said the walls have been very helpful in slowing illegal crossings,” Cramer wrote. “I’m not a wall-building expert, but at the pace of the last few years, it’s hard to see how 450 miles gets built with the same process. . . . I wish DHS would engage a whole bunch of builders and innovators rather than rely on the same decades old bureaucracy.”
    Cramer said he shared the president’s “frustration” with the pace of progress.
    Several administration officials who confirmed the White House’s urgency said they expect to be able to deliver on Trump’s demands because the actual construction of the barriers is typically the last step in the process.
    “There is a long lead time to acquiring land, getting permits and identifying funding,” the official said. “I think you will see a dramatic increase in wall construction next year because all of the work over the past two years has primed the pump.”

The pop up box doesn't count quoted material in its count; only "new" content. My little secret is, if I'm posting less than ten "new" characters is to type a string of commas or periods and change the font color to white.
    The little pop up box clearly is not paying attention to me if it is telling me my message is to short

I should screen shot it so the next person that tells me that my post is to long,I can provide proof that somewhere out there somebody agrees with me.

Even if it is just a box.

Shelby, anytime you hear "don't worry, I'll pardon you" you know that the person speaking knows that what he's doing is illegal and that says it all.

Shelby, I didn't read the whole thing but I think I get the gist of it and your questions. Your questions were "Do you advocate breaking the law? Do the ends justify the means? Do two wrongs make a right? You also commented, "It is beyond my comprehension how anyone can support this man." In one of your recent posts, you lamented how cruel it was that Illegal non-citizens might not receive as much free U.S. medical care in the future.

In my case, supporting Trump was better than voting for Hillary who didn't seems to care about borders and despised despicable people like myself. I would have much preferred small government supporter Rand Paul but he was so far behind in the polls that I voted for Bernie in the primary. Bernie might be an old economic fool but at least he wasn't evil, in my opinion like Hillary. I hope to vote for Tulsi Gabbard in the primary and I'll vote for her over Trump. If Tulsi and Bullock don't make it, I'll probably vote for Trump again. I'm not voting for the Democrats version of the Cultural Revolution. It set China back 10 years. I don't want it here.

No, I don't advocate breaking the law. That's one reason I don't support allowing illegal non-citizens into the U.S. or allowing them to stay here or politicians who allow such. I noticed that when 680 illegals were arrested in Mississippi, that not one company official was arrested and the company didn't have to reimburse taxpayers for costs associated with their illegal workers. We wouldn't need a wall if a couple of hundred illegal employers went to jail. Here it is almost Labor Day and I don't see any labor leaders complaining about low paid immigrants taking all the former union meat packing jobs.

President Obama conducted an unconstitutional executive ordered war on Libya and issued an executive order allowing DACA kids to stay here. He had previously said such an order was unconstitutional; that he wasn't king. The question about advocating breaking laws could also be asked of Obama supporters. Two wrongs don't make a right though. A wall is a poor substitute for punishing employers but defending our borders from invasion is mandated of Congress and presidents. Neither Trump nor Democrats are pushing to punish illegal employers. The Constitution authorizes taking land for public use. If Congress is not in session, presidents are allowed to prevent invasions without Congress' input. Even states can protect borders with their own militias until federal help arrives. Presidents do have some say as commanders in chief although not beyond implementing acts of Congress and observing requirements of the Constitution.

I'm curious to know what others think of this. Trump supporters: Do you advocate breaking the law? Do the ends justify the means? Do two wrongs make a right?
    And now the Trump administration wants to deport children who are receiving life-saving treatment in the US...basically the jackass is signing their death warrants.

ANYONE who still supports this truly sub-human thing occupying the White House is a vile piece of fetid fecal matter.

Yea who the hell this Trump guy think he is with wanting to complete a border wall?

Next thing you know foreign governments will be building bridges over river borders and acquiring the property needed in the exact same way,I cannot believe he is such a stupid,lawless,ignorant and shallow person to even think about doing that.

I think it is kinda ironic though,supporting and providing refuge for those breaking the laws while getting upset about a perceived notion that somebody is breaking the law.

It just does not make any sense.

Now I have to call Guinness World Records back and cancel my submission for the longest post on the internet.
    Last edited by Richard; August-28-19 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    And now the Trump administration wants to deport children who are receiving life-saving treatment in the US...basically the jackass is signing their death warrants.

ANYONE who still supports this truly sub-human thing occupying the White House is a vile piece of fetid fecal matter.
    rb, In post 3289 I cited Americans who were losing their medical care because illegal non-citizens had swamped Texas hospitals with requirements for care. Perhaps if you didn't incentivize illegal non-citizens to come here with free medical care, Americans wouldn't be dying for lack of hospitals caused by your policies. I'm not sure why any Americans prioritize free health care for illegals who sneak across our border over veterans' and other Americans' health care.