Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 103 of 207 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    There is a decline [[small that it may be) of our own citizens choosing not to vaccinate their children.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ts/1613251002/

Detroit and Michagan are considered opt out cities and states when it comes to vaccinations,the only cases that have come to light there was from travelers to foreign countries,Detroit is a hub for at least the Philippines that I know of anyways.

[COLOR=rgba[[0, 0, 0, 0.870588)]In 2017, there were 118 measles cases in the United States, including two in Michigan, and the majority of people diagnosed had not been vaccinated, according to the Michigan health department. The average number of measles cases from 2001-2012 had been about 60.

[/COLOR]https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ler/424259002/

Now in 2019 we have 60 cases in one county of one city alone.

It seems to be a double edge sword,where I live there are clinics where refugees and illegals can recieve free health care including all of their shots,which is required while in a refugee status.

On one hand they recieve care not afforded to the adverage citizen but in the other hand it can be viewed as a protection of sorts to the general population in order to stop the spread.

If you are applying for citizenship or a visa to visit the US but refuse to have the required vaccinations then the visa or permanent residency can be denied.

But you can also recieve a waiver if you object for religious or moral grounds.

They are saying most of the travelers that are the carriers are coming from the Middle East,Israel and Asia.

All countries that use the religious wavers.

We are seeing things pop up that we had basically eradicated in the past.

We are not new to this immigration thing,there were checks and balances put in place because of things that happened and the intent was for them not to happen again,it seems like we are back to square one in having to relearn the process and not learning from past mistakes.

Yep. And others [[the usual suspects aside!) are putting forth lies too. Illegal immigration at certain levels is about 'all-about-the-benjamins' [[money) as well as the politic of agreement towards power consolidation.

Meanwhile we'll be last in the line of truth, concern, and safety.

Cities like Detroit, LA, New York, cities and areas in the south etc will reap the harvest. Good times - excepting those who will continue to exempt themselves from their promises and the unintended consequences.

So long as they can.

The biggest problem is Trump making false promises. In turn, not only did he shut down the government, he doesn't care about the welfare of people that were effected.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-19 at 07:05 AM.

Say what? I thought this whole push back re. illegal immigration and immigration policy in general started with the Trump? OH!

And stop bringing up the past, absolutely nothing can be learned there.....

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    We are not new to this immigration thing, there were checks and balances put in place because of things that happened and the intent was for them not to happen again, it seems like we are back to square one in having to relearn the process and not learning from past mistakes.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-28-19 at 06:40 AM.

Trump got spanked by Pelosi. Sorry, but it's true.
    Trump did get spanked. Trump was spanked by a coalition of Pelosi and big business Republicans championing open borders and cheap labor. Pelosi, her newly elected minions, the shutdown, and her open border politics was what Americans voted for in 2018. We just blew through $6B keeping the government shut in order to save $5.7 on Trump's wall or even compromising or negotiation. Nancy proved that the cost of Trump's wall was never an issue. The edge is starting to wear off the booming Trump economy. It must be what Americans wanted. It looks like Americans are getting their spanking too.

I asked before but has anyone found out who the other 92[[?) people were headed off to Brussels, a "fact finding mission", or wherever with Nancy, at taxpayer expense, on about the 25th. day of the longest shutdown in our history or how long they planned to be away?
    Last edited by oladub; January-28-19 at 11:43 AM.

ALSO as a reminder that the immigration push back is now new from Trumpet. It was an issue of controversy under the Bush, Clinton and Obama admin.

See the 2011 PBS Frontline / Lost In Detention.

The broadcast item be streamed from many sources [[Amazon Prime, etc.). See trailer etc:

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...-in-detention/

Transcript:
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/f...on/transcript/

“Lost in Detention”: As Obama Admin Deports Record 400,000, Film Explores What Immigrants Face Behind Bars

https://www.democracynow.org/2011/10...as_obama_admin

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    Trump did get spanked. Trump was spanked by a coalition of Pelosi and big business Republicans championing open borders and cheap labor.
    Yeah, we gotta beware those "open borders and cheap labor" politicans and mindlessly worship Trump. Oh, wait...

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/26/t...ires-illegals/

It's pretty funny, this Cult worship stuff. It's like he gets caught with a new batch of illegals in his properties every week. Amazingly he had "no idea" until the media [[oops, I mean "fakenews") discovered the blatant hypocrisy.

Also, as usual, it appears Trump wasn't just refusing to vet the hires, they were actively seeking illegals, and were always aware they were illegals, even using their immigration status as a threat when negotiating pay and benefits.

So lets summarize. Trump marries illegals, mass-hires illegals, refuses to implement E-Verify, refuses to reform the immigration process, yet there are actually people dumb enough to think he's gonna "fix" immigration just because he likes trashing brown people and talking about building giant walls.

Bham, Oh no! Melania is an illegal alien? I asked if anyone knew who the other people were who were off on a multi-country jaunt with Nancy Pelosi at taxpayer expense on about the 25th day of her government shutdown. I guess you have no idea. I think that would be an interesting and perhaps important factoid. While your fact free opinions are alway interesting, I was asking for actual names. Brussels, Afghanistan, and Egypt seem to have been on Nancy's itinerary. She was going to be gone for awhile in what was set to be the longest government shutdown ever.

According to Politico,
    House Speaker Pelosi and U.S. Reps. Adam Schiff, Susan Davis, Eliot Engel, Elaine Luria, Stephen Lynch and Mark Takano were making the trip "along with top staffers". Another source said that no spouses were going along. I haven't seen any report though on who else, if anyone, was going. There seems to be no manifest of passengers.

Earlier in January, 30 Democratic lawmakers went to Puerto Rico on a "fact finding mission" "to see for "themselves" what is the condition of Puerto Rico". Sentator Menendez, below, on Puerto Rican fact finding mission earlier in the Pelosi shutdown.

I asked if anyone knew who the other people were who were off on a multi-country jaunt ...
    No one is gonna respond to this idiotic attempt at changing the subject. This is the Trump thread.

If you want to start a thread on the supposed evils of politicians traveling to places with beaches, have at it. I have no doubt you would rather talk about such inane nonsense rather than the criminal Russian puppet in the WH.

Yea oladub,did you not know that this is where the Russian operatives come to spread fake news and discourse against the president and First Lady.

If you want to provide facts and make light of hypocrisies they do not get paid to hear that,they get paid to spread discourse and diversions.

It is a life viewed through a straw and anything outside of that little tiny focus makes them really confused and harder to concentrate on hate.

What makes them really mad is that in the back of their mind they know that Trump still loves them.

Sometimes it is in the wording,

That Trump is really an ass useing taxpayers funds to travel to Florida,why cannot he be normal like the Democrats and just load up 3 generations of their family in a worldwide trip.

If he is going to do something he should do it right.

Or what an ass he is for not sleeping his way up the steps of government with a married man,like a female democrat that is running for 2020 allegedly did,does he know nothing?
    Last edited by Richard; January-28-19 at 11:18 PM.

I think it's time for fans of President Trump to realize that he's currently on a heck of a losing streak by anyone's political point of view. From the fallout over his meeting with Putin in the Fall, the results of the mid-term election, and this past government shutdown over the wall, he's burning political capital he doesn't even have. Even if he manages to keep himself clean from the Russian investigation, do you really think he has the future political capital to pardon anybody, or even seriously discuss it ? The average American knows what to think of people like Roger Stone, and the President seems to excel at associating with these types of people. The political fallout from pardoning someone of this ilk would be political suicide beyond Ford pardoning Nixon, and make his re-election virtually impossible. These are facts, and even Trump knows he needs a political win pronto to turn the current tide of the rest of his term, or he's in some serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    No one is gonna respond to this idiotic attempt at changing the subject. This is the Trump thread.

If you want to start a thread on the supposed evils of politicians traveling to places with beaches, have at it. I have no doubt you would rather talk about such inane nonsense rather than the criminal Russian puppet in the WH.
    Bham, President Trump wanted to spend $5.7B on a wall to provide some relief from the invasion of 100,000 illegal aliens attempting to cross our southern border monthly for each of the last three months. That is relevant to the Trump thread because that seemed to be the only issue separating Trump from Democrats. Yet Nancy Pelosi and/or crew were off "fact finding" in Puerto Rico and caught trying to head off on another "fact finding" mission to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan during Nancy Pelosi's shutdown. Neither the $3-6B wasted on the shutdown, problems caused by the shutdown, or national security seemed to matter to Democrats. I acknowledge that this is what Americans wanted when they voted for Democrats representatives in 2018. We differ on whether Democratic [[non)responses, lack of negotiation, and lack of compromise on the part of Democrats have anything to do with Trump.

I am still curious about who else might have been aboard the Air Force bus headed to Europe and the Mid-East. You don't have to be curious but it is odd that our national corporate press hasn't done inquired to determine who else might have been on that bus or suppressed the answer.

Tell us again about Trump married an illegal alien and about Russians hiding behind every bush.
    Last edited by oladub; January-29-19 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    I think it's time for fans of President Trump to realize that he's currently on a heck of a losing streak by anyone's political point of view. From the fallout over his meeting with Putin in the Fall, the results of the mid-term election, and this past government shutdown over the wall, he's burning political capital he doesn't even have. Even if he manages to keep himself clean from the Russian investigation, do you really think he has the future political capital to pardon anybody, or even seriously discuss it ? The average American knows what to think of people like Roger Stone, and the President seems to excel at associating with these types of people. The political fallout from pardoning someone of this ilk would be political suicide beyond Ford pardoning Nixon, and make his re-election virtually impossible. These are facts, and even Trump knows he needs a political win pronto to turn the current tide of the rest of his term, or he's in some serious trouble.
    He is a non politician that has been in office two years trying to address and fix things that politicians that have been in office over 30 years have apparently been unable to do.

But all of the sudden they are experts at running the government and know how to best do it.

I guess if you are a fan of how things were really screwed up and like the continued transfer of wealth,millions kicked out of their homes,low income folk being kept down in the gutter,60,000 homeless in one city alone and so on,then yea Trump sucks and anybody that thinks that we can do better also sucks.

Which makes it clear that there seems to be a lot of Americans could really care less about the real issues because they choose to continue to embrace and support dead end policies and refuse to address the issues.

Maybe it is like the whole battered wife syndrome.

If one looks at the bigger picture,England,France,Spain,Venezuela,Germany all across the world the silent majority of deplorables have stood up and said enough is enough,maybe all of the lashing out is a response of the fear of running ripshod over everybody and time to pay the piper.
    Last edited by Richard; January-29-19 at 12:47 PM.

Incase some of you forgot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKmi31lRp48
    Damn. I missed that the first time around. That is hilarious.

The real Trump is as clueless as the baby Trump about the absurdity of his confidence.

Brilliant!

He is a non politician that has been in office two years trying to address and fix things that politicians that have been in office over 30 years have apparently been unable to do.

But all of the sudden they are experts at running the government and know how to best do it.

I guess if you are a fan of how things were really screwed up and like the continued transfer of wealth,millions kicked out of their homes,low income folk being kept down in the gutter,60,000 homeless in one city alone and so on,then yea Trump sucks and anybody that thinks that we can do better also sucks.

Which makes it clear that there seems to be a lot of Americans could really care less about the real issues because they choose to continue to embrace and support dead end policies and refuse to address the issues.

Maybe it is like the whole battered wife syndrome.

If one looks at the bigger picture,England,France,Spain,Venezuela,Germany all across the world the silent majority of deplorables have stood up and said enough is enough,maybe all of the lashing out is a response of the fear of running ripshod over everybody and time to pay the piper.
    Chump's gonna make it all better for Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Chump's gonna make it all better for Richard.
    No he will not,that jerk has things so screwed up I have not had a vacation in over two years,so many opening businesses that never had a chance before and they will not quit bothering me.

Then to top it off they get all kinda pissed off when I tell them I can put them on a list for 90 days down the road,I tell them 9 to 5 Monday through Friday but,nooooo up until 11 pm weeknights and even on weekends with the constant calling and texting.

I miss the previous administration where everybody was broke and I could spend 2 or 3 days out on the water relaxing and enjoying the sunsets,you Canuk,could not even begin to understand the pain this jerk has cost me while in office,life was so much simpler when everybody was broke and I had time to enjoy it.

In the meantime, ALL those undocumented immigrants [["murderers, drug dealers, rapists") will be no longer. I'm sure Donny Jr will get to the bottom of this. The saying "Do as I say, not as I do" could not be more accurate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/u...n-everify.html
    Last edited by Maof; January-30-19 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Damn. I missed that the first time around. That is hilarious.

The real Trump is as clueless as the baby Trump about the absurdity of his confidence.

Brilliant!
    so accurate

Dotard calls the Intelligence Committee naive and should go back to school. Who the hell voted this guy in...smh.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1PO1FW
    Last edited by Maof; January-30-19 at 12:17 PM.

Bham, President Trump wanted to spend $5.7B on a wall to provide some relief from the invasion of 100,000 illegal aliens attempting to cross our southern border monthly for each of the last three months.
    This is a lie. Illegals come by plane, via tourist visa, like Melania. Trump mass-hires illegals and doesn't give a damn about the issue except to keep his rabid base intact.

Trump is America's #1 enabler of illegals and his base are deranged cultists.

And idiotic attempts at distraction by ranting about other politicians and whether or not they fly to places with beaches, has nothing to do with this thread. Start your own "Should politicans travel" thread.

Yes, politicians of the last 30 years have been unable to make U.S. the world's joke, Russia's puppet, and the most hated country, but Trump is hard at work making this Kremlin dream possible.

Must we be 'either/ or' about this? I'm certain our share of [[maybe one or two) illegals come via our borders as well. This was a controversial issue during the Obama, Bush and Clinton admins. Sure, we can discuss/ debate what form of barrier for our land borders with this president, and or the next, but for certain illegals don't only arrive by plane.

And as I have said, both the dems and repubs want illegals for work and political leverage. On the work tip alone our economy would crash without illegals working in various industries. On the other hand those not working drain our recourses. Especially of importance re. those of us already in need of services. And no, I'm not parroting the Trump/ Dotard to state this.

Living in and observing what is going on in our cities, schools daily is informs me we have less to spare now, not more! What do we do about this outside the narrative of TRUMP, remains the question??

This is a lie. Illegals come by plane, via tourist visa, like Melania. Trump mass-hires illegals and doesn't give a damn about the issue except to keep his rabid base intact.
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-30-19 at 11:13 PM.

Trump is America's #1 enabler of illegals and his base are deranged cultists.

And idiotic attempts at distraction by ranting about other politicians and whether or not they fly to places with beaches, has nothing to do with this thread. Start your own "Should politicans travel" thread.
    In my previous post I wrote of "100,000 illegal aliens attempting to cross our southern border monthly in each of the last three months." Of course illegal aliens also come by plane and otherwise overstay their visas but I was addressing the 100,000 who illegally cross the southern border in case you missed my qualifier. We do know that 42% of illegal aliens residing in the U.S. overstayed their visas and that problem should also be addressed but that was never an issue in the budget impasse.

The 100,000 per month figure is a government estimate based on ICE's claim that 54% of illegal entries into the U.S. across the Mexican border are apprehended. In September 50,568 were among the "Total Apprehensions/Inadmissibles", 60,772 in October, and 62,456 in November.

ICE also estimates that of arrests made in the U.S., and not specifically at the southwest border, "Immigrants with past criminal convictions accounted for 74% of all arrests made by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement [[ICE) agents in fiscal 2017" -Pew Research

Nancy can still go on taxpayer paid for "fact finding missions" to Europe and elsewhere when the budget is passed. I'm just trying to find out who was on her trip manifest. That should be public information. Nancy Pelosi's intransigence, non-negotiaion, unwillingness to compromise, and attempted disappearance are all relevant to Trump's presidency. I've made more progress on answering my own question than you have obsessing that Melania is an illegal alien. Maybe you're right. Perhaps, I should start a "Should politicians travel while 100,000 cross the southern border illegally every month in the middle of the longest ever shutdown" thread.
    Last edited by oladub; January-30-19 at 02:17 PM.

In my previous post I wrote of "100,000 illegal aliens attempting to cross our southern border monthly in each of the last three months." Of course illegal aliens also come by plane and otherwise overstay their visas but I was addressing the 100,000 who illegally cross the southern border in case you missed my qualifier. We do know that 42% of illegal aliens residing in the U.S. overstayed their visas and that problem should also be addressed but that was never an issue in the budget impasse.
    You're still lying.

70% of illegal immigrants arrive via expired visas, like Melania. 30% of illegals arrive via unauthorized border crossings [[not limited to Mexican border).

Moreover, illegal crossings on our southern border are net-negative since around 2010, so even building a 1000% impermeable wall would have zero effect on illegal population. Yes, some illegal entry would be blocked, but some illegal exit would also be blocked.

So if Dotard cared about reducing illegal entry, obviously he would seek to stop the biggest flow of illegals. But he doesn't care, in fact he's basically the poster child for exploiting illegals. I mean, the things Melania has to do to earn her wifely position are positively frightening.

You're still lying.

70% of illegal immigrants arrive via expired visas, like Melania. 30% of illegals arrive via unauthorized border crossings [[not limited to Mexican border).

Moreover, illegal crossings on our southern border are net-negative since around 2010, so even building a 1000% impermeable wall would have zero effect on illegal population. Yes, some illegal entry would be blocked, but some illegal exit would also be blocked.

So if Dotard cared about reducing illegal entry, obviously he would seek to stop the biggest flow of illegals. But he doesn't care, in fact he's basically the poster child for exploiting illegals. I mean, the things Melania has to do to earn her wifely position are positively frightening.
    We went through this already. You seemed unable to comprehend the difference between
    1.) 67%, not 70%, of immigration law violations being involved with visa overstays and
    2.) 42% of illegal aliens now in the U.S. have to do with ovestaying visas.

Those are different numbers referencing different things. My comment was "42% of illegal aliens residing in the U.S. overstayed their visas."
    I was correct. You are having a reading comprehension problem.

Building a fence or wall would address the problem of 100,000 illegals a month who are presently attempting to invade our country. That might not be a problem to you but taxpayers have to pay $12,300, on average, to send children to school annually for starters. 250,000 anchor babies, deemed American citizens, are also born here annually. If no new taxes are raised to pay for illegal aliens' children, that drag on our schools means academic cutbacks for the children of Americans and legal immigrants. Americans would also lose jobs and suffer stagnating wages due to cheaper foreign labor. Etc.. There is no reason to believe that "some illegal exit would also be blocked". Where did you come up with that?

Visa overstays have nothing to do with the budget impasse. We should send all the illegal aliens here on visa overstays home too. Which programs have Democrats advanced to do that?
    Last edited by oladub; January-30-19 at 04:11 PM.

We went through this already. You seemed unable to comprehend the difference between
    1.) 67%, not 70%, of immigration law violations being involved with visa overstays and
    2.) 42% of illegal aliens now in the U.S. have to do with ovestaying visas.

Those are different numbers referencing different things. My comment was "42% of illegal aliens residing in the U.S. overstayed their visas."

Then your comment is absurd and irrelevant. You're arguing that a wall is necessary today to prevent someone from crossing illegally in 1950. Earth to Moscow: it's 2019. In 2019, 70% of illegals come by tourist visa. The fact that illegals tended to cross by foot in 1950 has zero relevance to the idiotic "Wall" unless it comes complete with a time machine.

I was correct. You are having a reading comprehension problem.
    Wrong again, I just have an issue with Trump Cult liars.

Building a fence or wall would address the problem of 100,000 illegals a month who are presently attempting to invade our country.
    Yet another lie. Those "invaders" come by plane. Southern land crossing are net-negative in-migration. Most immigrants these days are from Asia, and they aren't walking here. The only thing Trump is doing with said "invaders" is sleeping with them and hiring them.

That might not be a problem to you but taxpayers have to pay $12,300, on average, to send children to school annually for starters. 250,000 anchor babies, deemed American citizens, are also born here annually. If no new taxes are raised to pay for illegal aliens' children, that drag on our schools means academic cutbacks for the children of Americans and legal immigrants. Americans would also lose jobs and suffer stagnating wages due to cheaper foreign labor. Etc.. There is no reason to believe that "some illegal exit would also be blocked". Where did you come up with that?
    More absurd Trump cult lies. Economists of all stripes find that immigrants are a strong net economic positive, which is why the most immigrant-heavy parts of the country [[the coastal metros) are the richest and most economically dynamic. Part of the reason Michigan is such a basketcase is too few immigrants. Silicon Valley, NYC, Southern CA and the like are the richest places on the planet specifically because they attract masses of immigrants.

Visa overstays have nothing to do with the budget impasse.
    You're right, which is a pretty clear indication the Trump shutdown has nothing to do with illegal immigration, and everything to do with rallying a deranged base.

We should send all the illegal aliens here on visa overstays home too.
    Fine with me. When is Melania being deported?

Which programs have Democrats advanced to do that?
    Except Democrats aren't demonizing immigrants and claiming they all need to be deported. The burden is obviously on those making outlandish claims.

If you're asking "what have Democrats have done to reform immigration" you're living in a bunker. Democrats [[and moderate Republicans) have advanced the same immigration reform package for a decade now, only to be stonewalled by the "Freedom Caucus" [[and now Trump). In fact immigration reform was Obamas #2 priority [[after health care reform) and he has repeatedly stated that the blockage of immigration reform was his biggest disappointment. Bush II also tried immigration reform, only to be blocked by the crazies.

Trump is the #1 fan of illegals, as it's all he talks about. Solving the issue would render Dotard speechless and his Cult without cause.
    Last edited by Bham1982; January-30-19 at 06:10 PM.