Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 100 of 207 FirstFirst ... 50 90 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 5151

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Make America Grate Again.

The commenter states that nowhere are the kids seen or heard screaming to "Build a Wall", as if conscious that that can be interpreted as an insult, but the ridiculing of this old Veteran is pretty obvious. The wearing of Maga hats was guided by the chaperones: that is a pretty interesting detail given out by the kids. So where are the responsible adults to turn this thing around before they have to spin it?

Chump ethics are at work here compounded by hazing à ĺa YouTube to guide a new generation. Poison apples, Richard?

What part about they they were told to muster there for buses to collect them to go elsewhere is confusing,they were not aware of what was taking place there until the paid agitator beating the drum centered himself in the group in beat with the school song.

The adults were the ones there that had the experience in manipulation of teenagers in order to further their agenda,I guess they were not banking on the whole thing being recorded.

Who would of thought that an all boys catholic school would be in a March For Life event exercising their rights would be interrupted by anti fafia tactics.

The poison apple is an unbiased media that likes to stoke the flames for profit at no matter what the costs,they are more qualified as sheep headers then journalists.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-19 at 10:43 AM.

How was anything the drummers or students did or wore outside of their First Amendment free speech rights? There was no violence. Both sides were restrained. Other unsubstantiated accounts mention some less kindly comments directed at the students by a black group and the students reacting to that. I read that the Native-American drummers went into the student group to, in their minds, diffuse any potential violence. Does anyone have a video of that? Otherwise, this doesn't seem to qualify as front page material. I would be more interested in Nancy Pelosi's jaunt to Brussels during the shutdown and who was on the plane with her.

Maof, did however suggest violence on this Martin Luther King's Day, "That kid in the cheap, made in china hat, needs to be bitch slapped. -post #2472.
    Last edited by oladub; January-21-19 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oladub View Post
    How was anything the drummers or students did or wore outside of their First Amendment free speech rights?
    Nice red herring. Are you really this dense?

No one claimed that the First Amendment doesn't protect hate speech from white supremacists. Completely besides the point.

"Normal" people would be slightly disturbed by Catholic school children acting like Hitler Youth while on an academic trip.

Also, why is a Catholic school sponsoring such a nonsense trip that has nothing to do with anything in Scripture? While I consider myself Catholic, I don't step foot in Catholic churches anymore, unless as a gesture of respect to relatives. The entire institution is rotten and a complete farce of Jesus' teachings.

"Catholics" love the death penalty, gun proliferation, killing brown children, warmongering, people dying without healthcare, but they "magically" became outraged about abortion, something never mentioned in the Bible, by any Pope, or any religious authority until the last few decades, concurrent with the rise of the religious right.

White Catholics voted for Trump something like 2 to 1. That's all you need to know about their "faith". The faithful need to rise up and expel the sickness, or the institution will be dead in a generation.
    Last edited by Bham1982; January-21-19 at 01:27 PM.

One could certainly have a discussion about the coverage of the incident being discussed above [[Catholic School boys in DC).

However, for one moment, lets set that aside.

Let's not even get into the details of what some boys may or may not have said in the direction of others.

Instead, lets ask this question.

Should High Schoolers, of any faith or none, be on a school trip, to a controversial political march/rally?

Would it be ok if this was a public school, and they attended a rally for abortion being mandatory? [[since the rally the boys attended did not advocate personal choice, but rather the imposition of their beliefs on others)?

Would this be ok if this were a public school taking kids to participate in rally to seize private property [[just like a woman's right to choose, a right in the constitution) ?

If your answer is no, then they these kids should never have been in DC to begin with, which would make the whole thing moot.

Next question, if one understands, like it or not, that the MAGA hat has not only become associated with one party and candidate, but also with racism and misogyny, not a by a few extremists, but by a majority of the American populace......is it ok for these kids to be wearing those hats, WHILE on an official school trip?

What if the hat were a KKK hood instead? It would be protected by freedom of speech .......is that sufficient for it to be ok?

Or does the school have a responsibility to say, 'Not on our time, on our trip'?

If you recognize at this point, at the school trip should never have happened; moreover that the MAGA hats themselves are inappropriate in the setting and constitute baiting and goading in their own right......

Might you question the wisdom of school administrators and chaperones?

Accepting that the location of the kids, initially, was predicated on waiting for a bus.........the wait was over 2 hours......in a situation that was certainly inflammatory and potentially dangerous.

They were waiting in a big, wide open plaza space where there was ample room to avoid 5 obnoxious people.

Would it not have made sense, if the buses were not imminent to move the kids away from potential confrontation?

Does it seem sensible to instead incite or permit the kids to engage the rabel rousers by chanting back and over them [[regardless of what words were used by some or all) ?

If the kids are pulled back from the situation early, nothing that followed ever happens.

Yet instead we see them encircle the obnoxious twits and chant and chirp back at them.

Clearly escalating the situation, rather than de-escalating as should be standard protocol when on a school trip, if not in a host of other situations as well.

In the end, no matter the details; the school administrators made several large and poor decisions which at the very least where partially responsible for putting the kids in a bad light.

That they did so willfully and on purpose is beyond dispute.

Likewise that the situation had the potential for something much worse.

There can be no question that the adults employed by said school should be excoriated over all of this.

That the media coverage may be incomplete in its contextualization does not change the above.

That there were other people being asshats does not change it either.

None of that excuses what the young man at the centre of this is facing in terms of death threats, which should be investigated as a criminal matter.

But neither does it exonerate him or his classmates from their association w/neanderthal views.
    Last edited by Canadian Visitor; January-21-19 at 01:48 PM.

Maof, did however suggest violence on this Martin Luther King's Day, "That kid in the cheap, made in china hat, needs to be bitch slapped. -post #2472.
    Oh please, don't use MLK day as an excuse for me "suggesting violence". The brat, with a smirk on his face, was probably never told to avoid confrontation. Instead he made the news and now look where it got him and his family. Even if Mr. Phillips approached him, he should have just kept on moving. What catholic school, or any for that matter, would allow kids to go to a rally wearing those hats anyway? Where were the chaperons?
    Last edited by Maof; January-21-19 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Nice red herring. Are you really this dense?

No one claimed that the First Amendment doesn't protect hate speech from white supremacists. Completely besides the point.

"Normal" people would be slightly disturbed by Catholic school children acting like Hitler Youth while on an academic trip.

Also, why is a Catholic school sponsoring such a nonsense trip that has nothing to do with anything in Scripture? While I consider myself Catholic, I don't step foot in Catholic churches anymore, unless as a gesture of respect to relatives. The entire institution is rotten and a complete farce of Jesus' teachings.

"Catholics" love the death penalty, gun proliferation, killing brown children, warmongering, people dying without healthcare, but they "magically" became outraged about abortion, something never mentioned in the Bible, by any Pope, or any religious authority until the last few decades, concurrent with the rise of the religious right.

White Catholics voted for Trump something like 2 to 1. That's all you need to know about their "faith". The faithful need to rise up and expel the sickness, or the institution will be dead in a generation.
    No red herring involved unless you are referring to the First Amendment as a red herring.There was no violence. I don't see where anything was done or said or worn that is outside of much of political discourse. Even your rant against Catholicism, is protected by the 1st Amendment in the U.S.. Perhaps if you carried on about Islam on a Canadian website like that... I haven't seen the evidence that these high school students acted "like Hitler Youth while on an academic trip". Perhaps you could provide that evidence. Invoking Hitler is often a sign of losing an argument. British Parliament members hoot, holler, and laugh more about what each other say than anything having to do with these drummers and Catholic teen agers. I thought the teens did mimic the drummers by chanting and the drummers were getting into people faces but thats hardly anything to equate with Hitler and doesn't even match your lambast against Catholicism. Note: I'm not Catholic or Muslim.

Calling people "dense" and the like is wearing down your patina.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    Oh please, don't use MLK day as an excuse for me "suggesting violence". The brat, with a smirk on his face, was probably never told to avoid confrontation. Instead he made the news and now look where it got him and his family. Even if Mr. Phillips approached him, he should have just kept on moving. What catholic school, or any for that matter, would allow kids to go to a rally wearing those hats anyway? Where were the chaperons?
    The First Amerdment allows us to wear such things. We can even wear stuff quoting Obama.

I didn't "use MLK day as an excuse for [[you) "suggesting violence". I pointed out the irony of what seems like you are suggesting or condoning violence on Martin Luther King Day. Your original words speak for themselves."That kid in the cheap, made in china hat, needs to be bitch slapped. -post #2472.

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    CBSN is actually reporting about the real facts surrounding the incident,maybe you should check it out and learn something before you start avocating voilence.

The chaperons were there separating the kids from the other group that was taunting them.

You should really learn about what you are talking about before chastising others.

You should really be ashamed of yourself,the way you passed judgement with zero knowledge of the real facts.

The coverage of the events involving the Catholic school students and the native American protestor is just more proof that the mass media in this country can no longer be trusted. Major news organizations
    are now totally fine with using omission to turn events like this into "news", and now more than ever to push their own political agenda.

I'm not sure if it's a result of the demands of 24/7 coverage, the consolidation of ownership into too few hands, or just a fight for survival in a industry that has become more cutthroat. Whatever the cause might be, I no longer trust any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnny5 View Post
    The coverage of the events involving the Catholic school students and the native American protestor is just more proof that the mass media in this country can no longer be trusted.
    Yes, down with the Lugenpresse, right? How dare they report? Trump cult racists attack Native American war vets, and you find the problem is the free media reporting said attack.

Need to shut down the media and MAGA till the whole world burns down. It's only been 80 years, I guess time for another global self-immolation.

Yes, down with the Lugenpresse, right? How dare they report? Trump cult racists attack Native American war vets, and you find the problem is the free media reporting said attack.

Need to shut down the media and MAGA till the whole world burns down. It's only been 80 years, I guess time for another global self-immolation.
    All your words, not mine.

No red herring involved unless you are referring to the First Amendment as a red herring.There was no violence. I don't see where anything was done or said or worn that is outside of much of political discourse. Even your rant against Catholicism, is protected by the 1st Amendment in the U.S.. Perhaps if you carried on about Islam on a Canadian website like that... I haven't seen the evidence that these high school students acted "like Hitler Youth while on an academic trip". Perhaps you could provide that evidence. Invoking Hitler is often a sign of losing an argument. British Parliament members hoot, holler, and laugh more about what each other say than anything having to do with these drummers and Catholic teen agers. I thought the teens did mimic the drummers by chanting and the drummers were getting into people faces but thats hardly anything to equate with Hitler and doesn't even match your lambast against Catholicism. Note: I'm not Catholic or Muslim.

Calling people "dense" and the like is wearing down your patina.

You are correct in pointing out that there didn't seem to be signs of violence directed toward the old Vet. I also am distrustful of discourse that pins Nazi and neo-fascist tags on opinions other than the commenter especially from the Left.

However, let us not forget the events in Charlottesville, Virginia where Donald Chump exercised his right to mitigate the negative message of the Nutty Extreme Right fringe in spite of the violence.

from Wikipedia;

President Donald Chump's remarks on Charlottesville received significant negative attention. In his initial statement on the rally, Chump did not denounce white nationalists explicitly, instead condemning "hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides". His statement and his subsequent defenses of it, in which he also referred to "very fine people on both sides", were seen by critics as implying moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them, and were interpreted by many as a sign that he was sympathetic to white supremacy.

Funny how all the blue check celebrities are rushing to delete their tweets,to bad they were recorded before they had a chance to.

I think all the people that publicly threatened these kids should have the same thing done to them that they wished on somebody else.

Matt Wolking, Communications Director for Sen. Bill Cassidy [[R-LA), captured a now-deleted tweet from CNN’s Bakari Sellers calling one of the Catholic students “deplorable” and suggesting some people “can also be punched in the face.”

So Bakari Sellers can also be punched in the face.

Here are the deleted tweets.

https://rightwingfolks.com/blue-chec...ot-aggressors/

Just kinda shows how sick and nasty some people are,they had the balls to post it,but none apparently when it came to the facts.

You are correct in pointing out that there didn't seem to be signs of violence directed toward the old Vet. I also am distrustful of discourse that pins Nazi and neo-fascist tags on opinions other than the commenter especially from the Left.

However, let us not forget the events in Charlottesville, Virginia where Donald Chump exercised his right to mitigate the negative message of the Nutty Extreme Right fringe in spite of the violence.

from Wikipedia;

President Donald Chump's remarks on Charlottesville received significant negative attention. In his initial statement on the rally, Chump did not denounce white nationalists explicitly, instead condemning "hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides". His statement and his subsequent defenses of it, in which he also referred to "very fine people on both sides", were seen by critics as implying moral equivalence between the white supremacist marchers and those who protested against them, and were interpreted by many as a sign that he was sympathetic to white supremacy.

Its people like Bham that create interpretations in their own minds that suit an agenda.

As the finial report said there was very bad people on both sides and very fine people on both sides,it is the liberal agenda to produce the hatred and eliminate anybody that they do not agree with with voilence if necessary,then they point their finger and say “ hey look a Russian “ as a distraction.

It would be very unpresidential to denounce anything within the first hours without haveing the facts and praticeing mob mentality.

People just got mad because he did not say what they wanted to hear in order to appease their bloodthirst.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Its people like Bham that create interpretations in their own minds that suit an agenda.
    Yeah, I'm sure those "fine young men" were wearing blackface and sporting MAGA hats for of reasons having nothing to do with racism and tribal ugliness. Poor young cultists, so misunderstood!

Yeah, I'm sure those "fine young men" were wearing blackface and sporting MAGA hats for of reasons having nothing to do with racism and tribal ugliness. Poor young cultists, so misunderstood!
    Look,over there,hiding in the bushes,it’s a Russian.

Considering they were taunted for over an hour by a racist homophobic group then had an idiot beating a drum a foot from ones face they held their composure much better then most adults.

Look at you,you were not even there or even had all the facts and you were already passing judgment.

I would say they were actually being the better person,I guess it sucks to be made laughing stock by a kid.Hugh.

Look,over there,hiding in the bushes,it’s a Russian.
    Oh, yeah, I forgot, you don't believe in Russian interference in the election either, notwithstanding confirmation from every U.S. security agency, and a record-breaking number of criminal indictments.

Why wouldn't I be surprised that you don't think blackface-wearing MAGA idiots mocking Native Americans aren't bigoted? They"re "very fine people", no doubt.

Can't argue with someone who refuses to acknowledge basic reality.

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you don't believe in Russian interference in the election either, notwithstanding confirmation from every U.S. security agency, and a record-breaking number of criminal indictments.

Why wouldn't I be surprised that you don't think blackface-wearing MAGA idiots mocking Native Americans aren't bigoted? They"re "very fine people", no doubt.

Can't argue with someone who refuses to acknowledge basic reality.
    I believe some people are like *its on a bull,pretty much useless even more so when the facts are presented they still refuse to believe that they were used as a propaganda tool,it is so easy,like a hot knife through butter.

I believe Russia tried to spread propaganda in order to skew the election,just like they have for the last 70 years and just like every other country has and does.

If you could come up with some shocking revelations then that would be a different story.

Face it,you got owned by a little catholic school kid.

Why are you so racist in calling the catholic African American kids blackface,you have no shame,but that is par to the course with your ilk,you do not care who you throw through the meat grinder,as long as it suits your agenda,I guess that is a Hillary trickle down effect,or birds of feather.

Let me rephrase that,not only did you get owned by a catholic school kid,but you got owned by a catholic school kid while wearing a MAGA hat.

That is a double whammy,I am guessing that you will need at least 3 days in a safe space,or maybe not,sense it is just all in a days work for you.

Sleep tight because you know your President Trump has your back,and he will still be there in the morning for you.
    Last edited by Richard; January-21-19 at 10:11 PM.

I believe some people are like *its on a bull,pretty much useless even more so when the facts are presented they still refuse to believe that they were used as a propaganda tool,it is so easy,like a hot knife through butter.

I believe Russia tried to spread propaganda in order to skew the election,just like they have for the last 70 years and just like every other country has and does.

If you could come up with some shocking revelations then that would be a different story.

Why are you so racist in calling the catholic African American kids blackface,you have no shame,but that is par to the course with your ilk,you do not care who you throw through the meat grinder,as long as it suits your agenda,I guess that is a Hillary trickle down effect,or birds of feather.

Let me rephrase that,not only did you get owned by a catholic school kid,but you got owned by a catholic school kid while wearing a MAGA hat.

That is a double whammy,I am guessing that you will need at least 3 days in a safe space,or maybe not,sense it is just all in a days work for you.

Sleep tight because you know your President Trump has your back,and he will still be there in the morning for you.
    Stop being such a juvenile.

To be perfectly clear you have no means by which to defeat my arguments or Bham's.

If you did, you'd spend less time on playground insults and more with facts.

For someone who claims he doesn't impugn motives on others...

About your calling out of racism in the present post, this is
    your answer to Bham in post 2961 where you characterize blackface Leftists calling for handouts in a pretty hack job of agenda setting on your part:

Your favorite Rallys[[sic) would be people wearing white hoods and black face masks demanding the government provide everything free and workers make the same as the CEOs where everybody works for the collective,so what does that make you?
    So what does that make you, Richard?
    Last edited by canuck; January-22-19 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    Stop being such a juvenile.

To be perfectly clear you have no means by which to defeat my arguments or Bham's.

If you did, you'd spend less time on playground insults and more with facts.

Kettle calling the pot black?

When you have all of the facts but still continue with an agenda as if they do not exist,what would you call it?

While I did not publicly say I was blocking you and do the opposite,I did not even read your post because you have a pattern of even when you are presented with the facts contrary to what you are writing you still continue with the blind eye approach.

You just seem to want to hear what you have to say,with input that only agrees with what you want to hear.

That is not a discussion,that is a dictatorship.

There is a whole 2 hour unbiased video out there that shows exactly what happened,every news agency that reported it based on a small section of the clip has now clawed back on their position,every so called twitter motivater has deleted their original comments because they were wrong.

So why sit there and continue “ arguing “ about something that did not exist in the first place,then continue with the unable to defeat argument.

There is no argument,the incident was falsely reported and then the real facts came out,the only thing to defeat is the mentality of,I want to believe what happened,no matter what really happened because I like my version better because it fits my agenda.

Nice job pairing up with Bham,in case that you have not noticed everybody that they do not agree with is automatically aracist,homophobic,deplorable etc. or enter any cliché word that is popular for the day and used to distract from the discussion or take one word out of 100 and misrepresent it in order to give reason to call somebody a racist,homophobic etc. that has nothing to do with the content in the first place.

Even though in spite of it all,he is content in knowing his President Trump still loves him as a fellow American.
    Last edited by Richard; January-22-19 at 09:41 AM.

Kettle calling the pot black?

When you have all of the facts but still continue with an agenda as if they do not exist,what would you call it?
    A typical Richard post.

There is a whole 2 hour unbiased video out there that shows exactly what happened.
    You didn't watch the entire video. But even if you had, let's get some things straight.........

The video is bias, because all things are bias, that is to say, they show a perspective. The video does not capture the entire student body, much of the audio is inaudible, and the video was taken by a human with an agenda, LOL

Now, let's properly describe the video's relevant feature, the video which captures much of the incident from the perspective of the Black Hebrews does not substantiate earlier claims as to what was said. But it doesn't disprove them either.

What I have said is that the media did proceed w/stories in which they published one specific, but damning claim, which they did not make sufficient effort to corroborate and which the video, at best, leaves inconclusive.

The should not have run w/the stories in the form and text that they used.

I have no agenda, the media should produce accurate reporting.

That does not remove the fact they were inappropriate in DC for an offensive trip that should be grounds for firing the school administration.

Nor does it remove the wearing of MAGA hats, which are deeply offensive to many, and inappropriate for a school trip.

Nor does it remove that this particular school has a history what can only be called racial insensitivity [[at best).

Nor does it change that when confrontation seemed increasingly likely, the chaperones permitted/encouraged it, rather than seeking de-escalation. A wholly inappropriate risk to take.

When taken collectively it remains reasonable to assume that some students may have said some racially insensitive or politically charged things. Given that this someone saying they did........whether the video captured that or not.

That is not saying that every student did, nor that everyone who wears a MAGA hat would.

Unlike you, my statements are appropriately nuanced and contextual.

May I also add there is a new twitter post up alleging these kids behaving badly [[while in DC)...... I can't verify that, but it is out there.......

https://twitter.com/roflinds/status/1087486166939680768

Nice job pairing up with Bham,in case that you have not noticed everybody that they do not agree with is automatically aracist,homophobic,deplorable etc. or enter any cliché word that is popular for the day and used to distract from the discussion or take one word out of 100 and misrepresent it in order to give reason to call somebody a racist,homophobic etc. that has nothing to do with the content in the first place.
    My god that's a run-on sentence............

I didn't pair up w/Bham.

I noticed his arguments in this case are reasonably sound; and he was arguing w/you which makes him right by default pretty much.

Yes, Bham can be irascible, he and I have butted heads before, here.

But while his irritability w/me was always unforgivable, his irritability w/you is entirely understandable.

^

...what does that make you, Richard?
    Is “Canadian” the right answer?
    Last edited by coracle; January-22-19 at 10:42 AM.

....what does that make you, Richard?
    Is “Canadian” the right answer?

^Which reminds me; we haven’t seen an answer to Post # 2468 yet. Not even “nuanced”, “contextual” or “pedantic”!
    Last edited by coracle; January-22-19 at 10:49 AM.